Legos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yea, the Venator looks better because the dark red really enhances the detail and makes it look better. The Executer is very well done, too.

What I'd really like to see is a minifigure scale Death Star, but that would probably be the size of the Epcot Dome at Disney World... Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, my gosh...wow. What an amazing sight that would be to behold! If they could like somehow cement the pieces together (which I'm guessing they do with their displays, lest any unhappy accidents befall them), then people could actually enter it! Wow...I'm excited just at the thought of such a thing!

You know a guy built a 1:1 scale version of the Millennium Falcon? Not out of Lego, of course. But out of scrap or something. I would have loved to have seen that!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I saw one at LegoLand in florida when I was 11. It was awesome! They had x-wings and stuff like that around it and it took nearly a whole room!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There is no Legoland in Florida. They do have a Lego store in Downtown Disney, though. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Eh, perhaps that's what I remember then. I WAS 11 lol. I remembr a huge store full of Legos and Death Star.I'll see if my parents have pictures and post em if I can.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have always enjoyed playing with Legos. I have 30-some SW sets and a couple of misc ones as well. Unfortunantely, I can't display them.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote  

Truly awesome lego display
http://deathstarpr.blogspot.com/2011/05/greatest-lego-diorama-in-galaxy.html

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I used to love Lego Star Wars sets as a kid, but I stopped buying them shortly after Episode I came out. So I had the Naboo fighter, the Bongo, and the Sith Infiltrator ca. 1999, as well as the X-Wing, B-Wing, and Snowspeeder (also ca. 1999), but nothing after that.

That being said, I have a few simplified Star Destroyers that I made with loose pieces (maybe 12 pieces or so?), that sit in the office supplies drawer of my home office, ready to fight against my small Lego Enterprise (also homemade, just with maybe 20 or so pieces, and customizeable so that it can look like Enteprise NX-01, 1701, A, B, C, D, or E). I bring them out when the Missus is at work sometimes Razz

When I was a kid, my parents preferred buying me LEGO buckets instead of sets, which were cheaper and allowed more imaginative control. I could build pretty much any OT-era starfighter, especially the ships from the game TIE Fighter (e.g. TIE Advanced, Assault Gunboat, etc.). I never really obeyed the color rule; as long as it was consistent within the ship, it didn't need to be accurate (e.g. my TIE Fighter was red, except the window, which was black, and the engine, which was blue.)
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Well, I have seen a few TIE Intercepters that were red, so it's not such a great leap - I think it was Soontir Fel's fighter, or at least from his squadron, but am not sure.

It's funny, though, that I grew out of Legos at much the same time as you, so your roll-call sounded quite familiar. Except I didn't have a B-Wing, instead having a TIE Fighter.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I distinctly remember buying the B-Wing (it came with a small command centre). I bought it because I bought a PC game at Wal-Mart, and my computer was so old that it couldn't play it. And Wal-Mart back then was usually pretty good about CD-ROM games, and you could get store credit by just saying "it didn't work." The B-Wing set was the exact same cost as the PC game, so I wasn't out any more money!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote  

The most awesome Jawa Sandcrawler you will ever see...
http://io9.com/5808695/tour-an-amazing-10000+piece-lego-sandcrawler

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That...is absolutely incredible. Shocked

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I thought that sand crawler was comitting Lego suicide near the end, there, with those manoeuvres. Still, that is pretty...amazing!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Super Star Destroyer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
That...is absolutely incredible. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 3 of 5