Knight Errant Book and Comic by John Jackson Miller
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm well into part three. And, yes, I do think of the White Witch whenever Arkadia has a scene. Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is a very good book. I hope they let him do more.

Sith Lord Saaj Calician on page 160:

It was so obvious, what the dark side offered. Great, powerful rewards, like...
... well, he couldn't remember right now. But he was sure there were some, and those selfless shell-heads back home would never share the benefits.

It's kind of ironic that in the end, the Daimans and Odions will be pushed aside and it's former Jedi like Kaan and Kopecz, with their feet closer to the ground, who will unify the Sith and lead them close to a victory over the Republic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I started out not being too fussy about this book, but then it started to warm on me and now I can say it is a good book. Smile The characters also took a while to grow on me, but they eventually did. The overall premise is a great idea- having a lone knight errant with basically no odds of saving the galaxy, but trying to do it anyway. The Sith Lords were really interesting as well.

I don't think I need a spoiler tag for that.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

You know, I was doing a little poking around on The Wook yesterday, and I had a look over at Knight Errant's page. The summary was a little short, but it seemed odd to me. Maybe it's just my faulty memory, but I still can't recall an over-reaching plot, as the summary suggests. Instead, I had an idea that, while there is an over-reaching plot, it's not of Kerra's design - that she's simply riding the tides of Fortune, as it were. It certainly fits with the title, after all. Wandering space without direction.

While I still maintain that it's not Stay by Star (come on, it's Star by Star!), it's most definitely a very good book, and it becomes more so with my mini-epiphany.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote  

Did anyone else read the Knight Errant Aflame comic arc?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I read it quite avidly. What did you think of it, Skuls?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote  

I loved it. The story was really good and the artwork in the first two issues was gorgeous. I thought the artwork dropped off a little after that, but in issues 4 & 5 it got a little better. Overall really good though. I'm psyched about the next arc. Especially since there's going to be Hutts.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote  

New cover has been revealed for Knight Errant: Deluge #3. I also noticed that in issue #2 onward, they've changed artists again. New inker and penciller. Wonder what they're style will look like. Cover artist is still the same. I have to admit, I don't like this one too much, even with a Hutt on it (and I love Hutts!). Maybe it will grow on me.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hmm. It's a bit too cartoony, mixed with a 1930s science fiction B-movie feel, but it's not all that bad, I suppose. I wonder who the woman is, though. It can't be Kerra, surely, for she has short hair, and this woman has long. A sister, perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote  

I think it's Republic starfighter captain Jenn Devaad. She's suppose to arrive in Deluge to help out Kerra. Course it looks like she might need some helping out too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really liked the comic too. Can't wait for the next arc.
I'm curious what the emphasis of the story will be. Will Kerra be spending most her time helping out the refugees or will she be fighting Sith Lords (odion/damian) mostly?
After the first arc I don't really know what to expect next.
Will Kerra be fleeing with the survivers to Republic space or will she stay and fight more Sith Lords (and will those be the same Sith or different)
Maybe it would have helped if I had read the novel, but its a little higher up on my TO BUY list so it will have to wait it a little longer. Embarassed

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:33 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Quick question:

When reading the book, did anyone else picture/imagine Arkadia as looking like/sound like Emma Frost?

I did (specifically the Emma Frost from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quote  

@Taral: did not picture her as Emma Frost, however, I might end up picturing her like that now Wink

@Lord Ree'dius: there's been some reveals of the upcoming comic arc that talk about the vague direction that things will take. Not sure how much you want to avoid spoilers, but they were official releases from Dark Horse.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Quick question:

When reading the book, did anyone else picture/imagine Arkadia as looking like/sound like Emma Frost?

I did (specifically the Emma Frost from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon).

I didn't know who Emma Frost was until I looked her up a second ago, but now that you mention it, there is a slight familiarity to her and Arkadia.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
@Lord Ree'dius: there's been some reveals of the upcoming comic arc that talk about the vague direction that things will take. Not sure how much you want to avoid spoilers, but they were official releases from Dark Horse.

Thanks for not telling Wink I was avoiding the spoilers a bit..
Not that I can't live with some spoilers here and there (it's hard to avoid them all actually), but it's nice to be surpised sometimes Smile

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 7