Kotor III: Speculation, Hopes, and Discussion

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kotor III: Speculation, Hopes, and Discussion
 PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If you're a listener to EUCast you'll know that I am a huge fan of the Kotor series. As such, you'll probably guess I want to see a Kotor III, right? Yep, you'd be right. Here is where us Kotor fans can speculate for it, discuss any recent news, and just put out our hope.

Interesting Kotor III Links:

Bioware officially denies any involvement in Kotor 3

Interview with LA's VP of sales Nancy MacIntyre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So many rumors about Kotor 3 this year! What do you guys think about it? Personally, I think it will be done by Obsidian and announced awhile after TFU is released.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote  

They definitely wouldn't want it to interfere with TFU, so I'm thinking as the rush wears off from it, they'll release KOTOR III. It would be a great way to end the year and a solid run for Lucasarts all around.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

It would, yes, but we don't want it to be rushed again. I'm thinking more along the lines of 2009-2010. TFU's thunder wouldn't be stolen, and we would be assured that the makers took their time on it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote  

MizzeeOH wrote:
It would, yes, but we don't want it to be rushed again. I'm thinking more along the lines of 2009-2010. TFU's thunder wouldn't be stolen, and we would be assured that the makers took their time on it.

I agree.

As far as who makes it (Obsidian or Bioware) I hope that they just stick with Obsidian rather than juggling it back to Bioware or some other company. If they keep switching the game developers we'll probably get stuck with another KOTOR that was rushed and had a lot of content cut. If Lucasarts just lets Obsidian stay as the KOTOR series developers I think we'll have a better game because Obsidian will already know the deal and can just devote time/resources to the story/game mechanics instead of also trying to figure out how the series works while developing KOTOR III.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, the latest rumor about Kotor 3 is this. What do you guys think?

I'm doubting it, but, stranger things have happened...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

If Bioware is doing a KotOR MMO, I have to imagine they will change the formula up, especially since KotOR I and II have been story based RPG's. Usually, MMO's have little to no story.

What I'm thinking now is that they might have a large Jedi vs. True Sith storyline. And players get to be a random Jedi in this story.

Honestly though, I'd still prefer to see KotOR III in the vein of the first two games. MMO's are nice but RPG's are better (in my opinion), especially for this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:31 am Reply with quote  

All right, here's my problem with an MMO. First off I'm going to have to purchase a new computer so I can play it. Then I'll have to shell out money for the monthly subscription. And finally, the last tendril of my free time will be consumed and it will threaten to spread into other areas, thus hurting by rping, story writing, reading...sleeping, eating, working...

Boy, this is like a plague in the waiting. A doomsday with a countdown and no stopping it. Shocked

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I agree. If it's a MMO, it will function more like Galaxies and hardly anything like Kotor I or II. I still think giving Obsidian a chance to do it would have been better...

KotOR
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My only hope, there is version of this game for the Wii or the Mac. Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, with Kotor being a PC and Xbox exclusives for both outings, the chance of that is slim. However, it would greatly increase profits.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm not sure about the Mac but I doubt KotOR III will come to the Wii. If it is an MMO, the Wii's online capabilities are easily the worst available of any modern system so I'm not sure how that would work out.

If it is in the same vein as KotOR's I and II, I still don't think it will come to the Wii as RPG's tend to be larger games which I'm not sure the Wii will handle.

And Skuldren, yes, we are all going to die. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote  

well the first two KOTORs were for the XBox and PC only right? Since Microsoft is pretty powerful I'm guessing it wouldn't come out for any other system if they do a KOTOR III (why would they want to kill a really really big marketing draw for the 360 to make it stand out against the PS3).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Bioware rocks....I mean they came out with stuff like NWN--Baldurs Gate--Jade Empire--KOTOR.....Personally I dont like the way Obsidian handles stuff...and the stories tend to be better when Bioware is invovlved...
_____________________-
I would like an RPG...and yeah a MMo is fun...but I really would like to see and RPG-KoToR3--a story that continues along with Revan or frm the same Era but nt relating to ReVaN...I'm ok with both prospects...but I'm not okay with KOTOR3 being a MMO....make another MMO if u have to frm another era=p

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming

Page 1 of 1