Star Wars Kinect
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:
As a complete game noob (the last game I played was X-Wing: Rogue Squadron with Stent), I didn't like that game had a delayed reaction with your movements, but hopefully it can be fixed.

What's a Stent? Laughing

This Stent? I can't find anything beyond that.

Stent was the pilot. He wasn't Chiss though.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Last edited by Dancelittleewok on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I have a Kinect! Now I just need a 360 to go with it. Confused

Wait - what? Congratulations, I think. Okay, I'll trade you. My 360 for your Kinect Razz
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How did this happen?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:

Wait - what? Congratulations, I think. Okay, I'll trade you. My 360 for your Kinect Razz

What an excellent idea! Very Happy

LivingJediDream wrote:

How did this happen?

I bought one for a Computer Science project for school. We used it for development purposes to create a Kinect hack on the computer. So no 360 needed. But now the semester's over, and I have a very lonely Kinect (lovingly named Kinny) staring up at me from my desk every day. He needs a friend. Namely an Xbox 360. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's pretty nifty! You know, you can get the old Arcade consoles pretty cheap these days (just don't buy one if it says anything about red lights or RROD), and the add ons, like hard drives, wi-fi, etc are coming down in price, too. But congratulations, Mara. You've taken your first steps into a larger (gaming) world Wink .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't buy an older model 360 at all, I would just get the newer slim model. The slim model has the proprietary kinect port so the kinect doesn't need to plug into the wall, and the older models are time bombs. I had a Premium model and an Elite model both RROD.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote  

^I concur, I've had two old Xbox 360's break on me. And the new slim model's have nice buttonless features on the front. Wave your finger and it turns on, wave your finger and it opens.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

...And wave your finger and you get past the Stormtroopers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All appliances should have those features!
*Starts waving at the microwave in frustration*

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sneak Peak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote  

Star Wars limited edition Xbox 360 console unveiled at SDCC. Bundle will include one remote, Kinect, console, and Star Wars Kinect game for $450.

http://www.starwars.com/games/videogames/KinectConsole/index.html

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The kinnect is an overated thing and will go down in history as a flop. But I will buy this game for my nephews (well really for me Twisted Evil ) and play it on there kinnect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
The kinnect is an overated thing and will go down in history as a flop. But I will buy this game for my nephews (well really for me Twisted Evil ) and play it on there kinnect

I wouldn't consider it overrated, given how well it works. Nor would I consider it a flop, given how well its sold. The major hurdle it has to overcome is a complete lack of games. Aside from Children of Eden, it hasn't had a major games push since it launched almost a year ago. Games like Ryse and Rise of Nightmares look like great games, and Kinect Sports: Season 2 and Dance Central 2 are looking to be worthy followups to their original (and great) games... but it's just a matter of cracking into the hardcore market. This latest push for voice commands... I know it sounds kind of lame or whatever, but I could seriously see it being a great addition. No longer having to pause the action in Mass Effect when I can just order my teammates around in real time would be an excellent addition. But it hasn't even been out for more than 8 months, so it's definitely a bit too soon for the naysaying.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

True. And a bit too soon to expect more games, seeing as how the normal development cycle is 2-3 years (unless it's called Alan Wake or Duke Nukem), so I'd expect an influx at the next E3.

About this game, though: yes, it might not be the best game out there, but it's at least a start for Star Wars games on Kinect.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Some shots of the box art, as well as screenshots of some podracing: SW Kinect Pictures

Page 2 of 4