Darth Whoever...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Whoever...
 PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Sith are my favorite characters. They've created most of the conflict in the galaxy, and have torn apart the Skywalker family since the creation of the franchise. Who is your favorite Darth? Which Sith do you think would do well with a novel? Are you more of a Jedi person? Discuss, please. Your thoughts interest me...Bane and Caedus are my favorites...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

CAEDUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much potential, so much waste . . .

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Amen Judicar, although at least they did it to him instead of Anakin. I have a feeling that if he had survived the Vong war he would've wound up as Caedus instead of Jacen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Sidious is my favorite, he knew the value of patience, the merit of flexible planning, but unfortunately; did not know the wisdom of not turning your back on a wavering apprentice! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote  

Who is your favorite Darth?
Darth Sidious, the man who made the Sith's dreams a reality...
Sith's revenge...check
Jedi Order dead...check
Galaxy conquered...check
Sith in charge...check
Most powerful Force infused being as your apprentice...check

Which Sith do you think would do well with a novel?
Darth Plageuis novel, please...
I mean the guy was called Darth Pageueis The Wise, how cool is that? Plus he could keep people from dying! He taught Palpatine everything he knew. He trained the Sith who finally brought the culmination of Bane's plans to a smashing success. And he was a Muun. Such a novel would not only give insight into Plageueis, but also Palpatine when he was young.

Are you more of a Jedi person?
No way! Sith Rule! Though I do like the Barabel Jedi...

@Jedipoodoo

It's all about the Force lightning. When you're having that much fun it's just too hard to think about other things.
Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Laughing Laughing That's pretty much on the spot, Darth Skuldren! Laughing
You forgot to add perfecting the evil "Sith Cackle", to your list! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote  

But did any other Sith ever cackle? I think that might be a Sidious trademark...

SITH TRADEMARKS
Sidious = evil cackle
Vader = ominous breathing
Bane = being covered with Sithy crustaceans
Caedus = "I'm right, I had a vision, it will happen" complex
Lumiya = "It's a lie, that's the truth" complex
Maul = "I don't need no stinking Force" headstrong attitude
Tyrannus = uses lightsaber like a fencing sword
Krayt = half Vong symbiote

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Oh, there's Malak too with his metal jaw and his evil laugh! Very Happy But not as much of a charismatic cackle as Sidious'. Laughing

Anyway, Darth Revan anybody?? Cool Mysterious guy! Powerful guy! And stylish! Mandies didn't have a chance with him!

Answering Caedus_16's questions like Skuldren did, let's say my favorite is good and old Darth Vader.

As for a novel, one about Darth Revan would be wonderful (although it had to be from someone's point of view to keep the character's mysterious nature), but I would also like to read one about Darth Traya, since there's not too much about her; a novel about one of the ancient Sith (like Ajunta Pall or Tulak Hord) would be nice too.

Are you more of a Jedi person?
Only when they aren't fighting against the Sith. Lol, but no, Jedi aren't really my team! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quote  

SITH TRADEMARKS
Revan = Mandalorian style mask
Malak = no lower jaw
Traya = wants to destroy the Force
Nihilus = speaks gibberish
Sion = zombie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This is a special one... I know you love it:

Darth Bandon - "I will try to make this both quick and painful" Rolling Eyes (for himself, I suppose...)

Not even Malak would have said something like this. Cool (Although the "power of the Star Forge's" and "rule the galaxy's" and "master versus apprentice's" were also very strong).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

"Are you a Jedi person?" Only when they tell their respective time-frame's Council off in actions or words.

"Are you a Sith person?" More so, but that's not entirely accurate, either.

Mando, all of the way, especially as portrayed by Karen Traviss... That's my favorite faction in SW.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I tend to be a grey-jedi type-person. The Jedi council and their hypocritical ways annoy me.

The Sith and their near-amorality annoys me. I respected Bane until he killed that family after he was poisoned by Githany.

Qui Gon FTW. Not looking for power, trying to make things better bit by bit.

And by the way, Sidious was my favourite to play as in Lego Star Wars: Eps I-III.

I'm not a big fan of Potentium either.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote  

Well we've gotten a Plagueis novel and a Revan novel since my last post. For future Darth novels, I'd love to see Karpyshyn continue the Rule of Two and write Zannah and Cognus again, introducing Darth Millennial.

Aside from the Rule of Two, I actually wouldn't mind another book on Malgus. He was interesting and I'd like to see how his story ends. Furthermore I'd like to see an official canon ending for Revan. Can someone make a Tales of the Old Republic book happen?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After the short story I actually really want a Tenebrous novel now. Either that or I'd honestly like at Exar Kun novel. One that kind of cleans up the mess that the Tales of the Jedi comics made.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
After the short story I actually really want a Tenebrous novel now. Either that or I'd honestly like at Exar Kun novel. One that kind of cleans up the mess that the Tales of the Jedi comics made.

What mess?

Given that they were the first stories to be written in that era, I don't really understand how they're capable of making a mess?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 2