Character Role Swap
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Character Role Swap
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Ok say you have the ability to swap any one chatacter from all eras and titles of Star Wars and role reverse them, who would you choose??? And how would their background change? so if they were Sith, now Jedi. Rebel is now Imperial etc.

For example I would have liked to have seen Tarkin as a Rebel. He was an up and comer in early Imperial days. The hated Jedi were wiped out however with open war still spreading across the galaxy, there was still alot to clean up. Tarkin becomes disillusioned with Imperial mandate when the body count increases and how little the Emperor cares.
Tarkin betrays/ leaves his post just before ANH when he finds out Darth Vader sent Tarkins son's squad on a suicide mission to capture a netural world's capital. With no remorse from either Vader or Palpatine, Tarkin sees the rebellion as a way for them to pay.
Tarkin been hard and driven and of military training would give the Rebellion a harder edge.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Oh and if this post has come up before.... Sorry. Noobie mistake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Ahsoka. Twisted Evil

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:50 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd like to see Anakin if he never became a Sith.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote  

It would be interesting to see Tarkin-as-a-good-guy played out. Would he have gone on to become the Chief of State of the New Republic, or would Mon Mothma simply make him the leader of the Navy? And if so, that would mean Tarkin would have to fight Thrawn. When Daala comes out of hiding, would she become a good guy too?

Cause that might not be such a good thing.

Darth Ahsoka? What kind of blasphemy is that...okay, IF Ahsoka went to the dark side, let's be clear she would be the greatest Sith ever and would be the new Chosen One...you want that? Laughing

Anakin slaying Palpatine and never falling to the dark side...now that's a worthy change I can get behind. Anakin would truly be the Chosen One then. He'd get to raise Luke and Leia as Jedi, and I would imagine he would have enough influence to sway the Order to loosen up their relationship laws. But with no Empire and no OT, what would happen? Would it all be happily ever after?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Imagine the Yuuzhan Vong invasion against the Galactic Republic with the fully fledged Jedi Order that was reformed into being more similar to Luke's order by eventual Grandmaster Anakin Skywalker, leading it at the age of sixty-seven when the Yuuzhan Vong invade.

Or they could even invade sooner, since the implication is that they waited until the galaxy was weakened by years of civil war before striking. If this civil war didn't occur, imagine the Yuuzhan Vong invading when the OT would have taken place, with Luke as the young knight or padawan and Anakin the seasoned master.

Wow, that sounds amazing. New Jedi Order: Infinities.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

LivingJediDream wrote:
Imagine the Yuuzhan Vong invasion against the Galactic Republic with the fully fledged Jedi Order that was reformed into being more similar to Luke's order by eventual Grandmaster Anakin Skywalker, leading it at the age of sixty-seven when the Yuuzhan Vong invade.

Interesting idea. I'd like to how the PT characters would react to a Vong invasion. However a lot of the drama of NJO is that the New Republic and New Jedi Order are inexperienced.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Darth Ahsoka? What kind of blasphemy is that...okay, IF Ahsoka went to the dark side, let's be clear she would be the greatest Sith ever and would be the new Chosen One...you want that? Laughing

Anakin slaying Palpatine and never falling to the dark side...now that's a worthy change I can get behind. Anakin would truly be the Chosen One then. He'd get to raise Luke and Leia as Jedi, and I would imagine he would have enough influence to sway the Order to loosen up their relationship laws. But with no Empire and no OT, what would happen? Would it all be happily ever after?

Darth Ahsoka would be fun, but she'd meet her defeat quickly. Twisted Evil

As for Anakin never falling, it's an interesting idea and one I've thought about quite a bit. If there was every going to be an EU reboot/AU, it should begin with this premise.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

here's a role reversal for you:

Yoda is a Sith lord and Palpatine is a great Jedi master.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

LivingJediDream wrote:
I'd like to see Anakin if he never became a Sith.

That would be a GREAT Infinities series! They could start with Maul and Jinn surviving- perhaps Obi-wan dies instead... Oh the things they could do with a PT infinities

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote  

Cerrinea wrote:
here's a role reversal for you:

Yoda is a Sith lord and Palpatine is a great Jedi master.

Shocked

That. Is. The. Greatest. Idea. Ever. Seriously, I'd love to see that. I'd buy the books, the comics, the dvd's of the tv show, shirts, toys, posters. This is a money making idea.

But, would Anakin then be tempted to the dark side by Yoda? "A pathway to many abilities the dark side of the Force is. Unnatural some consider it to be."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Darth Yoda.... an 800 year old Sith.
The thought chills the bones. Palpatine and his young Padawan Anakin try take down the Sith Empite in the PT and then in OT fight off the Vong (????)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What if Luke and Leia were born non-Force sensitive? Or any of their children, for that matter? It'd be almost like being a Squib in Harry Potter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

What if Jango Fett and Embo switched roles? Imagine the clone army as a bunch of crossbow-wielding, hat-throwing ninjas. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 2