LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace
 PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

From comingsoon.net:

An exciting surprise at the Licensing International Expo 2011, LEGO Star Wars is set to receive a small-screen special this fall. ComingSoon.net spotted the below art for the television event and, while details were few, was told that the special is likely for late September.

Based on the popular video game series, the LEGO TV special is being created in addition to a second, previously announced Star Wars cartoon series. That new series has been given the following official update:

Today, George Lucas is hard at work on a second animated series that will complement 'The Clone Wars', taking 'Star Wars' in a completely new and fun direction

With the franchise celebrating its 35th anniversary next year, LEGO Star Wars should be a welcome addition to the ongoing animated series, the upcoming 3D re-release of The Phantom Menace and the first-ever release of both trilogies on Blu-ray this fall.

So, what do you reckon? Excited? Unimpressed?

One thing that strikes me as odd is the line that there's a second, previously announced Star Wars series. I'm pretty sure that means Star Wars: Detours, but I've not heard enough about it to be sure.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wait a second animated series?!

Is this connected to the Lego special or something else? Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't think it's connected with the LEGO special. In fact, I know almost nothing about it! There's some speculation that it's the Seth Green series, but George has said that he's involved with it, and I thought he didn't have any input on Seth's series, but it is Star Wars, so he might. To me, though, it still sounds a little tenuous.

Lucas Quote

Video of Interview
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hmm.

The quote makes me feel good and bad.
Today, George Lucas is hard at work on a second animated series that will complement 'The Clone Wars', Interesting. Could it be a Clone Wars-stle show set ina different era? Rebellion perhaps? That could be really good. Smile taking 'Star Wars' in a completely new and fun direction And then there's this. Sounds like "Squishies" to me. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The supposition is that there may be a Lego's animated series. Detours could be the Seth Green thing, or it could be the name of the live action series, or it could be something else entirely.

How's that clearing things up? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote  

Well I'm getting confused so I'm just going to talk about the Lego animated Star Wars show which that poster is implying.

Now having played the last Lego Clone Wars game, I admit the animated scenes were very funny and well done. However, they didn't have any dialog. Would the show follow that same formula or would they give the characters voices? And can they really pull off a full half hour (assuming) of entertainment with such a formula as Lego Star Wars characters with lots of humor and possibly heavy spoofing on the franchise?

I'll certainly watch the first episode to find out. It'll be interesting if they pull it off and make it entertaining for all audiences.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

the Seth Green series "Detours" and the SW Lego movie and The Clone Wars show and it's no bloody wonder that George doesn't have time to even breathe let alone devote time to the mythical live action series.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wookie, isn't hasn't been confirmed that Detours is the Seth Green show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Well I'm getting confused so I'm just going to talk about the Lego animated Star Wars show which that poster is implying.

Now having played the last Lego Clone Wars game, I admit the animated scenes were very funny and well done. However, they didn't have any dialog. Would the show follow that same formula or would they give the characters voices? And can they really pull off a full half hour (assuming) of entertainment with such a formula as Lego Star Wars characters with lots of humor and possibly heavy spoofing on the franchise?

I'll certainly watch the first episode to find out. It'll be interesting if they pull it off and make it entertaining for all audiences.

Oh, I think they could pull it off. Certainly, the games managed to do it with absolutely no dialogue, and I'm sure the cut scenes, when added together, would last more than half an hour.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Is the Lego a special or series? And is there a time line for Seth Green's show?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It sounds as if it's a one off special. As for Seth Green's show, there's been no confirmation about when it's set in the time-line, but that it will be around in three to four years.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I can't wait for the Lego special. Smile Smile Smile Smile

I thought Seth's show was kinda like "Infinities" comics. A What If look at the movies.
Detours would be an appropriate name

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Starwars.com has announced when the premier for the LEGO Star Wars TV Special will air:

Quote:
After the runaway success of their wildly popular building sets, video game collaborations and animated shorts, The LEGO Group and Lucasfilm will join forces once again for an all-new adventure -- their first-ever original television special. Premiering on Cartoon Network on Friday, July 22 at 7:00 p.m. (ET, PT) in high-definition computer animation, the 30-minute original standalone special -- LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace -- will feature the charm, action and irreverent humor that have become the signature style of LEGO Star Wars animation collaborations.

Featuring situations, characters and locations from throughout the entire Star Wars Saga, the original adventure is written by Emmy® Award winner Michael Price (The Simpsons) and produced by Academy Award-winning Animal Logic, the production company behind Happy Feet.

"We're certain that fans of LEGO play and the Star Wars universe will be as excited by this new original animated LEGO Star Wars episode as we are," said Jill Wilfert, vice president of licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group. "Developing original animated content leveraging the LEGO and Star Wars brands is incredibly rewarding for us because it not only engages and entertains fans in original stories and adventures that further their imaginative play, it authentically delivers on the inherent values and fun that LEGO play brings to the partnership."

LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace is scheduled to air multiple times on Cartoon Network during the weekend including: Friday, July 22 at 7 p.m. (ET/PT), Saturday, July 23 at 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. (ET/PT) and Sunday, July 24 at 4:30 p.m. (ET/PT).

A routine Jedi Academy field trip is turned into a rip-roaring comic adventure in LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace. Tour guide Master Yoda leads a group of rambunctious Jedi younglings through Senate chambers when he senses a disturbance in the Force.

Summoned to help save the Republic, he discovers that one of the younglings secretly boarded his ship...and has a taste for adventure! Meanwhile, C-3PO and R2-D2 are put in charge of the boisterous group and find themselves in over their heads. As the evil Sith prepare to wreak havoc, it's up to Yoda and the droids to ensure that their young charges aren't torn to bricks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote  

The images from the special look really nice. Way better than the animation from the game. I wonder though, is this just a preview of what to expect in the Fall or is this a one shot to test the waters? Earlier they were saying this was going to come out in the Fall and it was mentioned as a series.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's what I found odd, too. The words 'in addition to a second, previously announced series' does make it sound like this is a series, too. I think this'll be a one off, as you say, and if it's successful then they'll make a series.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2