Recipe Sharing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Recipe Sharing
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hello all,

Several weeks ago, during Qui-Gon Jinn week, a few of us were discussing in the chat box various foods we were making. This gave someone (I think it was Shahla 'lala) the idea to make a thread on sharing food ideas and recipes within the community.

I thought I'd start it, and give a quick recipe that I prepared Saturday.

Incredibly easy Picnic lunch of wraps and berries

1- Steak and leek wraps
-Slice steak into thin strips, maybe 1/4 inch wide and 1-1.5 inches long, OR use stirfry beef.
-Put steak in a bowl. Squirt about a cup of barbecue sauce and any other flavour you may like (I also used 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce). With your hands, mix the sauce into the steak strips. Allow it to marinade in the fridge, for however long you have (I did it for about an hour or so).
-Meanwhile, chop one leek. After chopping, clean it good (I put the pieces in a metal strainer and rinsed them thoroughly, using my hands to get them good and clean).
-Put the steak and all the marinade/sauce into a frypan or wok. Stirfry until almost cooked. Add the leeks, and continue until the leeks are nice and soft (break them apart while stirfrying).
-Spoon the leek/steak/sauce mixture onto 6-inch tortillas. Wrap it up.

NOTE: ~1 pound of steak and 1 leek makes enough for probably 4 wraps, but you only need 2, so put the rest of the mixture in the fridge. It goes well in stirfry or pasta.

2. Bell pepper wraps
-This one's easy. Spread Hummus (I used roasted garlic-flavoured hummus) in the middle of a 6-inch tortilla, in a band going across the diameter, maybe 1.5 inches across)
-Chop the bell pepper (I used orange, but red or yellow will work too) into thin strips, maybe 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide. Lay the strips along the Hummus band on the tortilla. Wrap it.
-One pepper should make 2-3 wraps.

3. Dessert
-Buy a small container of fresh blackberries and another of fresh raspberries. Rinse them, and put half the blackberries and half the raspberries into a resealable container, and the other half in another container.
-Spoon large amounts of Cool Whip into a third, smaller resealable container.
-Note: any berry would do, but those are my wife's favourites.

Bring 2 steak wraps, 2 pepper wraps, and the dessert in a cooler, along with a nice beverage (I used sparkling grape juice) to an outdoor area. Perhaps the beach, or a park? Don't forget two cups and some forks for the berries.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1