Log in to check your private messages
Contractual introduction post.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport View previous topic :: View next topic  
Contractual introduction post.
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  ADG12311990
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 85
Location: Greeley, Colorado, America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 13-A, Outer Rim, Milky Way Galaxy

Greeting and salutations fellow Star Wars fans. I'm ADG12311990. Also know as Alex or Geslin (Since I went to a high school with 7 different Alex's, everyone just called be by my last name.)

I've been a fan of the franchise since my dad got the OT on VHS when they were released "One last time" before the special editions came out. And I've been a fan ever since. I own 61 of the EU novels (My favorite being the Darth Bane Trilogy, the Fate of the Jedi series and all of the Timothy Zahn books.) The Rogue Squadron Series, X-Wing Alliance and the two Knights of the Old Republic games are among my favorites. I got away from SW for a while during my second senior year (Long story) But, after winning Fatal Alliance and a Advance copy of FotJ Vortex, I dived head first back into the EU.

Until recently, the only SW podcast I listened to was the ForceCast. But, I felt the need to look for a podcast that gave the EU some respect. I love the ForceCast a whole lot, it was through them that I found out that Dee Bradley Baker went to my high school (But, that is a post for another time) But, I feel like hearing about the big part of my fandom.

This is starting to turn into a rambling post, so I best leave you, and get back to my *Insert number here* play through of KotOR. So, farewell, and May the Force be with you all.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Mara Jade Skywalker
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 5534
Location: Beyond Shadows

Welcome, ADG! Is it okay to assume your username includes your birthday? Or some other significant date? Sorry, you don't have to answer. I'm just being nosy. Smile

Hope you have a great time here! Very Happy
_________________

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker



View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6752
Location: Sailing into the unknown

Hey, Alex. Smile
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  ADG12311990
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 85
Location: Greeley, Colorado, America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 13-A, Outer Rim, Milky Way Galaxy

@Mara Yep. That is my birthdate. lol I wouldn't call it "significant"... alright, I do. But, I didn't want to sound cocky (AKA Farmboy Luke.) Smile


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Queen Padmè Skywalker
Master
Master

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 5142
Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Welcome! Have my traditional Wookiee of greeting.
_________________
All things die, Anakin Skywalker, even stars burn out.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.



Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


View user's profile Send private message

Re: Contractual introduction post.
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  DarkSideSon
Knight
Knight

Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Posts: 169
Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Welcome!

ADG12311990 wrote:

Until recently, the only SW podcast I listened to was the ForceCast. But, I felt the need to look for a podcast that gave the EU some respect. I love the ForceCast a whole lot, it was through them that I found out that Dee Bradley Baker went to my high school (But, that is a post for another time) But, I feel like hearing about the big part of my fandom.


I am so freaking jealous.
_________________
"The Son has risen. Let the discussion begin!"


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Old Master Ben
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 10 Nov 2007
Posts: 2259
Location: Georgia

Welcome to the forums!


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

 PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Life Is The Path
Master
Master

Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 3858
Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

ADG12311990 wrote:
@Mara Yep. That is my birthdate. lol I wouldn't call it "significant"... alright, I do. But, I didn't want to sound cocky (AKA Farmboy Luke.) Smile


Laughing

I think you'll fit right in. Welcome!
_________________
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Jedi Master Skid
Knight
Knight

Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 251
Location: Blackpool, England

Welcome ADG, I myself am new here and hope to see you around the forum
_________________


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

 PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Shahla 'lala
Knight
Knight

Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Posts: 187
Location: Coruscant looking at the Jedi Temple in the distance...

WELCOME ALEX! SmileSmile

You will love it here... its like home and its AWESOME! Very Happy
Welcome home ... Smile


HELP ME Obi-Wan...

_________________
There is no try!


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Darth Skuldren
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 6434
Location: Missouri

Welcome aboard ADG
_________________

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  ADG12311990
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 85
Location: Greeley, Colorado, America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 13-A, Outer Rim, Milky Way Galaxy

Shahla 'lala wrote:
WELCOME ALEX! SmileSmile

You will love it here... its like home and its AWESOME! Very Happy
Welcome home ... Smile


HELP ME Obi-Wan...


Home? ...uh oh. I hope that bounty hunter doesn't find me...


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Lord Ree'dius
Master
Master

Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 700
Location: The Unknown Regions

welcome to the cantina Very Happy
_________________
"Strong you are with the dark side, young one. But not that strong.
Still much to learn, you have. Surrender, you should."

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Re: Contractual introduction post.
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

ADG12311990 wrote:
Greeting and salutations fellow Star Wars fans. I'm ADG12311990. Also know as Alex or Geslin (Since I went to a high school with 7 different Alex's, everyone just called be by my last name.)

I've been a fan of the franchise since my dad got the OT on VHS when they were released "One last time" before the special editions came out. And I've been a fan ever since. I own 61 of the EU novels (My favorite being the Darth Bane Trilogy, the Fate of the Jedi series and all of the Timothy Zahn books.) The Rogue Squadron Series, X-Wing Alliance and the two Knights of the Old Republic games are among my favorites. I got away from SW for a while during my second senior year (Long story) But, after winning Fatal Alliance and a Advance copy of FotJ Vortex, I dived head first back into the EU.

Until recently, the only SW podcast I listened to was the ForceCast. But, I felt the need to look for a podcast that gave the EU some respect. I love the ForceCast a whole lot, it was through them that I found out that Dee Bradley Baker went to my high school (But, that is a post for another time) But, I feel like hearing about the big part of my fandom.

This is starting to turn into a rambling post, so I best leave you, and get back to my *Insert number here* play through of KotOR. So, farewell, and May the Force be with you all.


Welcome! And be sure to check out the SoloSound podcasts if you're looking for something new. EUCast and the EU Review are both EU oriented.

Glad to have you on the forums!
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport

Page 1 of 1
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Display posts from previous:

  

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights 2 by Scott Stubblefield