What Book are you reading now? (Other than Star Wars)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

just started reading The Los Angeles BB murder case.
it's pretty good so far. i like the references to sherlock holmes.
just going to mention this, but it's a death note spin off novel. i'd still recommend it to anyone who likes detective stories

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm reading two books:

The Damnation Game and Imajica, both by Clive Barker.

Pretty good for Imajica, the beginning for The Damnation Game is kind of lame and not really a good, how do I say it, attention-grabber? :\

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote  

Iron Fist got me hooked on the Honor Harrington series. Right now I'm reading the first one, On Basilisk Station.

I highly recommend it. It's an intriguing Sci-fi story. And they have treecats...nuff said.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Reading Star Wars for the moment but I will be reading Lost Fleet: Dauntless (which an NJOE member suggested to me) very soon.

On the Honorverse though, I figure I'd give you a little more idea of it than "treecats" although that does become pretty significant later on.

The series is a military science fiction and is an absolute blast. Great character development and wonderful space battles. It is absolutely amazing and is a great universe to explore.

If you read it, let me know and I hope you enjoy it.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Working on the Sword of Shannara right now. I've read it before, but its still a favorite. Terry Brooks uses a lot of cliches, occasionally unoriginal characters, and a lot of repeated plotlines....but dangit all if I don't love that series to death!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm currently rereading Myst: The Book of Atrus. :D

[ wtfNET // livejournal // twitter: @hexterah ]
[ the outlander club -- EU costuming! ]

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

reading "to kill a mockingbird"
it's pretty good so far. Smile
gotta love classic literature

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I tried to read 'To Kill a Mockingbird' at 8 years of age. Didn't work out. It had no information whatsoever about killing mockingbirds. I'm not even joking. I was so disappointed. Once I hit sixteen I gave it another go and enjoyed it thoroughly. Excellent stuff. Has a fantastic message.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Currently reading Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet. (Film critic turned author. How cool is that?)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote  

Reading The Honor of the Queen.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Demonata
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm currently re-reading the Demonata Series by Darren Shan. I love that series...

"Who?" Jacen asked.

"Palpatine!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quote  

Iron Fist got me hooked on the Honorverse so I've been reading Honor Harrington books nonstop. Right now I'm on Fields of Dishonor. It's a military sci-fi adventure revolving around the main character, Honor Harrington. If you like Star Wars books, I'd recommend giving them a try. You can read them free online at the Baen Books website.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm currently reading Interview of the Vampire by Anne Rice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote  

Is that like the movie or is it something different?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I haven't seen the movie so I don't know but it is good.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 106