The Bothan Spynet [The Forum of The Star Wars Report]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:02 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Don't think it's on iTunes yet...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

DarkSideSon wrote:
Don't think it's on iTunes yet...

Nope- not yet, but you can download it straight from The Star Wars Report site. It was sent to itunes yesterday-0 they have to approve it still- which should be fast since it's TBR with a new name and all that. Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:23 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Our latest episode it out! we discuss two high-school students who were nearly banned from graduation for having a mock lightsaber dual. Yes… Really.
Star Wars Celebration CVI is back in Orlando! We give our thoughts about the biggest party this side of the galaxy returning to the same location.

We also delved into the future of publishing (rather passionately) as it relates to the Star Wars saga.

And more! http://www.starwarsreport.com/2011/06/12/podcast-swr-1-cvi-or-bust-2/

You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes! Please review/rate the show! Smile
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id442027188

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Star Wars Report #2 is up, discussing The Old Republic, Kinect Star Wars and discussing the possibility of a TOR TV show.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yes indeed! Check it out! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id442027188

So what do you guys think of SWR so far? Is it an improvement? What do you want to hear from the show?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and especially loving the more regular release pattern!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Listened to The Star Wars Report #2 yesterday morning, and had a quick question for you guys.

You mentioned the game Clone Wars Adventures. I was thinking of checking it out, as I understand that there's a free-to-play version.

Do you know how that works exactly? Do you still have to buy the game at a store, or is it a free download? Is there a major difference between the free-to-play and the pay-to-play?

IR2, do you pay for it, or do you do free-play?

Thanks!

And great podcast!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Listened to The Star Wars Report #2 yesterday morning, and had a quick question for you guys.

You mentioned the game Clone Wars Adventures. I was thinking of checking it out, as I understand that there's a free-to-play version.

Do you know how that works exactly? Do you still have to buy the game at a store, or is it a free download? Is there a major difference between the free-to-play and the pay-to-play?

IR2, do you pay for it, or do you do free-play?

Thanks!

And great podcast!

I let the kids play it mainly. We do the free. That's mainly cause I'm not able to throw much money at games these days. But the kids enjoy the things available to them for free. Granted my son wants all the cool suits of armor for his clone.

All you need to do is go to http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/user/startLogin.action and follow the steps- you will need to download a set up bit, but after that it's all smooth sailing. And you can always pay for the extra things if you wanted to, but you don't have to. And it does not need a credit card or anything to play the free to play stuff.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The latest episode is live on the interwebs! Due to several failed recordings, I ended of recording an episode solo. Tell me what you guys think!
http://www.starwarsreport.com/2011/07/04/swr-3-flying-solo/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I just finished listening, and really enjoyed the podcast. Shame about losing the other ones though.

I just wanted to issue a quick correction: the Seth Green-collaborated animated Star Wars show (which you believe might be named "Detours") was completely separate from the animated show nicknamed "Squishies" (you called it something like "Seth Green's Squishies".) The Seth Green show was to be humorous and animated, and might've even been a sketch-humour-type show like Robot Chicken (but cleaner). Squishies, on the other hand, was the tentative name of an announced animated cartoon aimed at much younger kids, whose art would be based on the Galactic Heroes line of toys

Think of it like "The Super Hero Squad Show." A TV show whose art is based on the toy line, and is aimed at much younger kids.

But yes, the two shows are distinct. Though there's the strong possibility that the show codenamed Squishies is no more, since we haven't heard a word since announcement. It's possible that they changed their minds and cancelled Squishies in favour of the Seth Green show, but it's hard to tell.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not that I know, (it's just my opinion. You're the smart one around here!), but I think they'd most likely announce it if they cancelled the show.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I see. For some reason I'd always thought that the two show were one in the same.
Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
Not that I know, (it's just my opinion. You're the smart one around here!), but I think they'd most likely announce it if they cancelled the show.

I agree with you (except on being "the smart one around here" lol). But what's weird is that Wookieepedia deleted the article on Squishies, claiming that the original announcement (news articles on it found here and here) is unreliable. But I feel this isn't Wookieepedia acting on inside knowledge, but rather Wookieepedia deleting articles rather than simply citing them as "unconfirmed". One more reason why the Wook has lost clout lately (ever since ignoring The Essential Atlas's official take on the BBY/ABY dating system).

Fun fact: did you know that Wookieepedia considers itself a "Friend" to the Jedi Council Forums on TFN, even though everybody on TFN rails against Wookieepedia all the time? I found that funny Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't, actually! I don't frequent the TFN forums, but it's quite interesting to know. And I wasn't aware of the machinations of The Wook - again, I don't look too deeply, though it is rather interesting, and makes me wonder at the behind the scenes actions that caused it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The latest episode is up and running - finally! Star Wars Report 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 5 of 7