As a starting off point, the ten rules from the above article:
- Do not tag your friends in embarrassing photos.
- Do not bombard people with game/group/quiz requests.
- Do not change your profile picture to a photo of your baby.
- Do not constantly moan about being depressed or under-appreciated (unless suffering from actual depression, or suffered familial/friend loss)
- Do not slag off your boss or friend
- do not send a friend request to your children, nieces and nephews.
- Do not Facestalk someone.
- Do not write wall posts or status updates in text speak.
- Do not dump someone by changing your status to single.
- Do not friend complete strangers.
And, of course, Rule 34.
As well as: The first person to mention Hitler in an argument - loses it.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.