Book of Sith: Follow-up to The Jedi Path
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Book of Sith: Follow-up to The Jedi Path
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I have heard some people said that it would never happen, but it is. Coming this January from Amazon Publishing is the release of the follow up to The Jedi Path: Book of Sith. http://clubjade.net/?p=29033

I have been waiting for something like this since the release of The Jedi Path. So excited!

Last edited by Ruhk Orikan on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That is cool news!
The Jedi Path was awesome, this should be good too. I wonder in which era the book will be written and if it will reveal some things about sith training that we haven't seen before.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

But is it official? Has someone really confirmed this? It would be great, but if it's out in January how is we have no offical confirmation sooner?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It was announced at Comic Con and this is Dan Wallace's (the author's) twitpic of the card given away at SDCC http://twitpic.com/5u8hb6 So yes, it is very official.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

While I wish this would be coming out later in the year, I'm still pretty excited about this! I know some fans are tired of the Sith as an enemy, but I'm not. Indeed, they fascinate me, so having this to read and dissect page by page would be...er...really neat!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote  

Now from what I saw of The Jedi Path, it had a pretty wide target audience, ie. some of the character comments in the margins trended toward corny jokes. Now they're saying Book of the Sith will be along the same lines as The Jedi Path, but I'm wondering if were going to see the same target audience still or if it might be a bit more serious. If they do more character comments, will it be from the viewpoint of the Jedi getting possession of the book, thus allowing both sides to comment? And what kind of bonus items will they include this time (assuming they go that route).

Hope they have some cool illustrations and insights of the Sith.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Actually, which Sith will it be around? Banite Sith? One Sith? Old Republic Sith?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I am going for the sith before the rule of two with a few chapter added from Bane saying there is much to learn from the old sith but most of it is useless.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ That sounds like a contradiction in terms. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
I am going for the sith before the rule of two with a few chapter added from Bane saying there is much to learn from the old sith but most of it is useless.

I don't think Bane would ever say most of it was useless. His only grief with the Sith Order was that it was constituded of more than two members, he himself was always most interested in the knowledge of the old Sith.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quote  

I'm hoping for some info on King Adas. I'd like to hear more about how he beat the Rakatans. I'd also like to hear more about Lettow's Legion.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Don't mean to be a thread necromancer, but I saw no point in creating another thread.

The release date of this book has been pushed back to February 10. It will not be a training manual like The Jedi Path, since, the author said, he didn't think the Sith would have a training manual. Instead the book is comprised of 5 texts which fell into Darth Sidious' possession, which allowed him to write a sixth text.

Recovered dark side texts:

A chronicle by Sorzus Syn of her encounters with Sith Purebloods, explorations in alchemy, and the foundations of the Sith Order.
A war journal kept by Darth Malgus during the Great Galactic War, describing methods of war and the campaigns of the Sith army.
A source book by Darth Bane that details the idea and the philosophy behind the Rule of Two as well as the training required for a Sith.
An instructional manual by Mother Talzin exploring the Nightsisters's use of the dark side and their role as dark side mercenaries in the galaxy.
A scientific journal by Darth Plagueis with notes about his experimentation with and manipulation of the Force.
Darth Sidious's manifesto about the philosophy and political manipulation that marked his rise to power and established his Empire.

Those who added their comments: Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, Asajj Ventress, Yoda, Mace Windu, Quinlan Vos, and Luke Skywalker

Removable features: A scrap of a Sith burial shroud, a battle map from the Great Galactic War, a Sith lightsaber crystal, a Nightsister talisman, a diagram detailing Palpatine’s political strategies during the Clone Wars, and a propaganda poster for the Galactic Empire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 4