Savage Oppress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Ah, but just because he was a bad guy, doesn't make him a Separatist. The Republic has bad guys, too...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That statement is true. I want to say something in return to continue this debate but after 12 hours work I can't come up with anything. Very Happy but something will posted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Of course the Republic couldn't hire Bane because he's a criminal. The Separatists don't have any problem with that.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's never really stopped any of our real world governments. You can join the military even if you've served time - and in the British Army during the Napoleonic War (and right up to WWI, if I remember correctly), they often recruited from jails. I doubt it'd be any different for the Republic. Besides, wasn't that slicer from Karrde's lot a criminal? NR hired him.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

My little input which may have been covered already.
Sith Tattoos???

I know that Darth Mauls Tatts were supposed to be Sith markings. Also how about all future Sith in SW:Legacy?? were they done by witches.... please.
Plus Darth Mauls were applied by machine

Savvage is a weak character. Brute, no brain as proven by Dooku.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lord Ree'dius wrote:
Of course the Republic couldn't hire Bane because he's a criminal. The Separatists don't have any problem with that.

Just because someone is a criminal doesn't mean that they would want to fight for the Republic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Sith tattoos are easily explained in a multitude of ways. The Sith had an academy on Dathomir during Kaan's rule.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dark_Sol wrote:
My little input which may have been covered already.
Sith Tattoos???

I know that Darth Mauls Tatts were supposed to be Sith markings. Also how about all future Sith in SW:Legacy?? were they done by witches.... please.
Plus Darth Mauls were applied by machine

Savvage is a weak character. Brute, no brain as proven by Dooku.

They were done in ode to Maul - just because some have tattoos 'done by witches' doesn't mean they all have.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
Lord Ree'dius wrote:

Just because someone is a criminal doesn't mean that they would want to fight for the Republic.

Bane wouldn't mind if the price was right and only then, but Palpatine wouldn't allow someone who has held half the Senate hostage to get paid to fight for the Republic.
My bet is that it won't happen in TCW. Bane's role seems cast and just doesn't fit with how the Republic is portrait in the series so far.
The Republic hasn't even used decent mercenaries up untill now, let alone characters like Cad Bane, who's completely merciless.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I agree with Bane not fighting for the Republic and Palpatine not wanting it either and he has been typecast. The way I meant it to sound was that there surely would be alot of criminal willing to fight for the Republic whether they get paid or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Remember the bounty hunters from the season 2 episode 'Bounty Hunters'? They worked with (not for, with) the Jedi.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

They did indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lord Ree'dius wrote:
DarthMRN wrote:
But if he does, I imagine Palp having Dooku include a little Maul in the clone order Sifo took to the Kaminoans.

And nonbody would wonder what a Zabrak was doing between all the other clones?
No, I think it'll be the undermining of Anakins' search.

It is shown in LOE that Sifo-Dyas had already placed the order by the time Dooku found out about it, though Dooku supplied the template afterwards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 4 of 4