EUCast Episode 25 - EUCast Gets a T.A.N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
EUCast Episode 25 - EUCast Gets a T.A.N
 PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

-This week: Tom, Andrew, and Nathan Butler!

-Where, oh where is Austin?

-Wait, how in the world can this CW Game work?

-Main Discussion: LOTF- The good, the bad, and the ugly

-Return of the EU Mailbag

- The EU Guru {LIVE}

-And much more!

Contact information:

Email: eucast@eucantina.net

Vote for us monthly on Podcast Alley!

Download and listen to the episode at:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Just listened to the podcast, as usual a great job guys, it was nice having Nathan on for the entire podcast, funny guy! Very Happy And a nice job by Tom. Wow, what a news discusson, I gotta say that was marathon length. Of course, I 'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm all for it! You've really hit the nail on the head what with your concerns for continiuty (and it being screwed up) by the Clone Wars TV series. Continuity is something that really matters to me, and I've said it before, I'll say it again; the Clone Wars Era is becoming too packed with stuff, Lucas et al need to learn when to leave something alone and move on elsewhere. (I mean, Ahoska suddenly appears and afterwards she's gone? Watch out for more of my ranting on this in my June editorial Very Happy ). Anyway, here's hoping they get it right. Alas, I had to skip the main discussion and question to keep you up at night cos I haven't started LOTF and I want it as spoiler free as possible (though unfortunately I know about Mara and have a sneaking suspicion now as to who dies in Invincible). Thanks to Nathan for his detailed replies to my 2 questions. A final thought: if Austin now lives in a stinky HUT in India, does this make him a stinky HUTT in India, therefore Stinky THE Hutt, therefore related to Jabba? Very Happy (sorry Austin!)
Oh, I noticed you missed out the duelling round, so here'a a suggestion; what about the Yuuzhan Vong versus the Charon? (in equal numbers) They both use biotechnology, are both agressive, violent and expansionist, believe themselves to be the only worthy species, and are religious fanatics, after all...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Flyboy,

Thanks for the warms words Very Happy Let me tell you, it was a blast recording with Nathan, that's for sure. Tom is such a great addition to the EUCast crew; he makes me laugh, he makes me cry.... well, no, not cry, but you get my drift Wink

Quote:
Wow, what a news discussion, I gotta say that was marathon length.

Yeah, when I told Nathan and Tom it wasn't even the Main Discussion, they were shocked. I then told 'em to look at the shownotes again and they saw we had a lot of fun planned.

Quote:
You've really hit the nail on the head what with your concerns for continiuty (and it being screwed up) by the Clone Wars TV series

Like I said, they can do it correctly if they stay short and simple with the stories instead of going into already known territory. As Nathan noted, they already changed the knighting year of Anakin and the only way to explain it, logically, is if he was knighted twice.

Quote:
if Austin now lives in a stinky HUT in India, does this make him a stinky HUTT in India, therefore Stinky THE Hutt, therefore related to Jabba?

Hah- I hadn't even thought about that. I just know that when Lawrence gets back, I'll be calling him Lawrence the Hutt for awhile-- good friend entitlement and such Wink Anyway, Austin is back and I have talked to him.

Quote:
Oh, I noticed you missed out the duelling round, so here'a a suggestion; what about the Yuuzhan Vong versus the Charon? (i

I actually kept the segments low because it was actually suppose to be like if it was the last episode of the month. One of these days, we'll have a correct format show again Smile But that's a great suggestion and I'll see what we can do with it, that's for sure.

In other EUCast news, we finally got a voice-mail again! You can 206-203-4476 to reach us by phone for completely free to leave us your suggestions, comments or feedback; we're looking forward to hearing from you! And as an added bonus, you'll hear yours truly when you call! (Okay, maybe I shouldn't let you know that before you call Wink )

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:47 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Oops, did I say Austin lives in a stinky hut in India? I meant Lawrence, of course, stupid mistake, sorry!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I figured you meant Lawrence so I just went with it Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Okay, so I just finished 25, going on to 26 in a minute.

Like Flyboy, I loved the main news discussion. And I think you touched on a major issue in your discussions on continuity. I'm not a big Clone Wars era person but I can imagine how much I would hate having the original trilogy or the New Republic era be re-written in such a major way.

Tom, you mentioned how strange it is to listen to your voice on the EUCast. I can sympathize. To me, it always sounds strange to hear myself referred to...

Anyway, great job to everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

Why does everyone keep saying I'm funny? Does no one take me seriously?

Wink

I sure don't! heh.

Glad you're all digging the segments and appearances and such.

If you want more Butlery goodness: The Butlerniverse. Don't be shy. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I hate to break it to you Nathan but you are hilarious to listen to. I might even say boisterous or bombastic. Maybe not...perhaps you just defy explanation. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote  

Best Episode yet! Great commentary! You guys had me rolling with laughter. Great job!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, DS Very Happy Trying to keep a serious tone with Nathan or Tom alone is hard, but with both it's nearly impossible. I am glad you enjoyed it though.

By the way, we're throwing around an idea for a Hall Of Fame sort of thing where fans vote the best episodes and that reminded me of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

That'd be an interesting addition to the end of year stuff.

Do a "best of the year" after each year anniversary of EUCast's premiere, to compliment the end of *calendar* year best/worst.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Nathan....
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

because you are funny Smile

Signed:
Your Uncle Kal Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow the EUCast keeps getting better! Keep it up guys!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, bly Very Happy As the summer goes on, so will we. We just started adding actual intros for the main parts of the show and segments, which is nice.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 1 of 1