A Boba Fett Film?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'd be very open to the idea, though I do have some reservations. Not from them ruining the character, but from possible storylines. What could they have him do, that we've not seen in a book or comic? Still, even if they did just rehash a book or comic (maybe Blood Ties, I think it's called) then I'd probably be okay with it. It's not every day that you get to see new, live action Star Wars material.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

VileZero wrote:
Man, I wish I had as much Fett exposure as the rest of you apparently have. And I'm a super diehard fan... Crying or Very sad

Amen. I can never get enough Fett.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Part of me is screaming yes but the other part is shouting no. If it did happen it would probably ruin the Boba Fett legacy he has in the EU.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
Part of me is screaming yes but the other part is shouting no. If it did happen it would probably ruin the Boba Fett legacy he has in the EU.
yea, thats what i think also

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
VileZero wrote:
Man, I wish I had as much Fett exposure as the rest of you apparently have. And I'm a super diehard fan... Crying or Very sad

Amen. I can never get enough Fett.

Agreed with both of you Smile Personally I would like to see a Fett movie centered during LOTF, but I know that is absolutely impossible to execute since no one would know what the heck was going on besides EU fans. I mean, any live action Star Wars i can get I will take, but I'd much rather see another Jedi centered movie over a Fett movie if they were choosing between those two paths to go movie wise.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd rather see a non-Jedi Star Wars movie... the six films are fairly Jedi focused, and after the prequels I'm pretty burnt out on that. I also think that involving the Jedi limits the scope of the stories you can tell, as in the prequels the Jedi were the guardians of the Republic, so they were mostly kept within the sphere of influence of the Republic, rather than the dregs of that society in the Outer Rim, which we saw to a greater extent with the original films due to the underground nature of the Rebellion. We're not going to see the underworld of the Star Wars galaxy if the protagonist is a Jedi, unless it's an undercover story. Only through Han Solo do we see into that world in the OT.

Ideally I'd like to see a Han Solo movie, but I don't think Han Solo after Return of the Jedi is nearly as interesting as Han Solo before The Empire Strikes Back, and I don't want to see the role recast, plus Harrison Ford wouldn't go back to the role (though I suspect if given a character arc like in NJO, he might reconsider). If Fett was partnered up with a mercenary like Han Solo for a film, that could be interesting.

There's a lot of different western tropes that you could use; I could see a Star Wars equivalent of a train job or bank robbery for Fett to partner up with some less than reputable figures. That's really the sort of stories we got with Fett up until Attack of the Clones, and now Fett as the western anti-hero has been replaced by mostly stories dealing with his daddy issues.

If this hypothetical Fett film were to come to pass, it would most likely revert back to the earlier westernized Fett. Maybe we'd get to see him wear a serape! I've always thought that Daniel Keys Moran handled the character best, so if we got that sort of a characterization of Fett I'd be pleased.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Yeah, but a bank robbery? For a live action film starring Fett? Seems like an awful waste, in my opinion.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They should've just put Boba Fett in Cowboys and Aliens. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Yeah, but a bank robbery? For a live action film starring Fett? Seems like an awful waste, in my opinion.

What sort of story would you expect a film starring Boba Fett to have? One in which the entire galaxy is imperiled? The character is a bounty hunter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:

I have too agree. I mean he's a bountyhunter. I would rather see him deal with collecting the bounties on those bankrobbers than robbing the bank himself.
For me a film starring Fett should involve bountyhunting and lots of it

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Don't forget that Boba Fett is rumored to be the one main character to appear more than once in the live action series. If the live action ever happens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lord Ree'dius wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

I have too agree. I mean he's a bountyhunter. I would rather see him deal with collecting the bounties on those bankrobbers than robbing the bank himself.

That was what I meant.

"Indio's primary goal is to rob the Bank of El Paso and its disguised safe containing "almost a million dollars." Mortimer persuades a reluctant Manco to join Indio's gang during the robbery in order to "get him between two fires." Manco is offered membership in the gang after rescuing one of Indio's friends from prison."

In For a Few Dollars More, Clint Eastwood's character joins a gang of bank robbers as part of his and his partner's attempt to collect a bounty on them.

Boba Fett hunting bounties by himself would not make for a compelling story.

Of course, in order for Fett to join a criminal gang in order to collect bounties on them, he presumably would have to be starting out his career as a bounty hunter, because otherwise his reputation would give him away.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Lord Ree'dius wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

That was what I meant.

"Indio's primary goal is to rob the Bank of El Paso and its disguised safe containing "almost a million dollars." Mortimer persuades a reluctant Manco to join Indio's gang during the robbery in order to "get him between two fires." Manco is offered membership in the gang after rescuing one of Indio's friends from prison."

In For a Few Dollars More, Clint Eastwood's character joins a gang of bank robbers as part of his and his partner's attempt to collect a bounty on them.

Boba Fett hunting bounties by himself would not make for a compelling story.

Of course, in order for Fett to join a criminal gang in order to collect bounties on them, he presumably would have to be starting out his career as a bounty hunter, because otherwise his reputation would give him away.

Point Break... in space! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After the Clone Wars, Boba Fett went on to be a college crashball champion before becoming a bounty hunter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing

I would be cool with Fett infiltrating a gang of bankrobers or killers, but than it would have to be before he got his reputation, right? or else he would be too well known.
And I would hate to have a Fett movie where he wouldn't be wearing his armor most of the time.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 2 of 4