The Force Unleashed II *SPOILERS*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

From what little I've heard from an acquaintance in LA they will be doing another. That is, they want to, but things are still tenuous at this point. I don't think they've confirmed it even in-house at the moment (though that last part is from sometime around E3 - I think. Can't remember all these blasted cons - so that might have changed, too).
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Honestly, I was completely satisfied with the first game. They ended it epically and with no cliffhangers.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

There needs to be a third book so Mr. Sean Williams can tie up the story (as he's stated he really wants to do), as it's a MASSIVE loose end that cannot be simply finished up in a short story in INSIDER or something. I don't think that a third game is required, I don't care about that aspect at all, the story can be told more easily and much better in print IMO. But a Forced Unleashed III novel is absolutely necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

wookie_inked wrote:
There needs to be a third book so Mr. Sean Williams can tie up the story (as he's stated he really wants to do), as it's a MASSIVE loose end that cannot be simply finished up in a short story in INSIDER or something. I don't think that a third game is required, I don't care about that aspect at all, the story can be told more easily and much better in print IMO. But a Forced Unleashed III novel is absolutely necessary.

It could be tied up in a short story.

"Darth Vader broke free, and killed everyone on board the ship from the end of The Force Unleashed II."

See? Already leagues better than the garbage of TFU and TFUII. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A game would be of more merit to me than a novel (or short story).

In general, I tend to think of Star Wars as being an audiovisual experience at heart, so I find the video games and audio and radio dramas to be more exciting than a strictly literary experience when it comes to the Star Wars universe. ILM's visual effects, Ben Burtt's sound effects, and John William's scores really define Star Wars for me.

That's not to say I don't enjoy some of the EU novels, but I would definitely prefer a game to there just being a concluding novel. And I'm always looking forward to new music inspired by Williams' scores like we've gotten with Shadows of the Empire, KOTOR/TOR, and The Force Unleashed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
A game would be of more merit to me than a novel (or short story).

In general, I tend to think of Star Wars as being an audiovisual experience at heart, so I find the video games and audio and radio dramas to be more exciting than a strictly literary experience when it comes to the Star Wars universe. ILM's visual effects, Ben Burtt's sound effects, and John William's scores really define Star Wars for me.

That's not to say I don't enjoy some of the EU novels, but I would definitely prefer a game to there just being a concluding novel. And I'm always looking forward to new music inspired by Williams' scores like we've gotten with Shadows of the Empire, KOTOR/TOR, and The Force Unleashed.

Exactly! If they release TFUIII in novel form only, I would definitely be disappointed. Confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

well I don't play video games so a TFU III game isn't required IMO because I'll never play it

I'd read the book though, for sure

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:29 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Pretty good proof that Rahm Kota has fallen to the dark side (at 07.18 ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmlBA_8JRTA&list=PLtfXEcg8SXCyg0OzYjGjBFmmX_OWeEdYs

I'm mostly posting this for general information purposes, and so I'll know where to find it if I ever need to cite it. Damn hard to find.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarthMRN wrote:
I'm mostly posting this for general information purposes, and so I'll know where to find it if I ever need to cite it. Damn hard to find.

I'm mostly posting this coz I'm bored and so that DarthMRN will remember where he posted his find, if he ever needs to cite it. Razz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, the occasional bump can't hurt...so, thanks I guess. XP

Page 8 of 8