HK-47
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
HK-47
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Problem. There has been no topic for the greatest droid in the Star wars universe.
Solution. Thread has been started. Discuss meatbags.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

As starter of the topic, shouldn't you also get the discussion started Skid?
Where do you want to start?

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

HK 47 is an assassin droid. Big deal

There. Topic started.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote  

Shocked Blasphemy! Now if you'd watched those videos of KOTOR I keep trying to talk you into, you wouldn't say such things.

When you think of famous droids, R2, C-3PO, IG-88, and 4-LOM come to mind. The classic droids. Grievous was a cyborg so he doesn't count. But HK-47, he raised the bar on amusing droid. Sure R2 twirtled and tweeted, but HK actually had dialog, and on top of that, a very wicked sense of humor. I don't think anyone will ever be able to write a droid that can top HK-47.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Shocked Blasphemy! Now if you'd watched those videos of KOTOR I keep trying to talk you into, you wouldn't say such things.

When you think of famous droids, R2, C-3PO, IG-88, and 4-LOM come to mind. The classic droids. Grievous was a cyborg so he doesn't count. But HK-47, he raised the bar on amusing droid. Sure R2 twirtled and tweeted, but HK actually had dialog, and on top of that, a very wicked sense of humor. I don't think anyone will ever be able to write a droid that can top HK-47.

Lando's YVH droids. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Ah, but they don't have much in the way of personality. The only stand out moment for them is when they call out, in the Vong language, something like 'We are droids. We are better than the Yuuzhan Vong!'. Even that was programmed into them. HK comes up with sadistic, yet humorous, quips all on his own.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Ah, but they don't have much in the way of personality. The only stand out moment for them is when they call out, in the Vong language, something like 'We are droids. We are better than the Yuuzhan Vong!'. Even that was programmed into them. HK comes up with sadistic, yet humorous, quips all on his own.

On his own?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

Lando's YVH droids. Very Happy

Not even close. But if you don't really know the character I understand why you act this way.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote  

Before this goes any further, let me clarify that HK-47 is on the top concerning Star War droids. Futurama is a class of itself Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

On his own?

HK has a whole plethora of sadistic, torture related lines. Bender just has a thing for his tush, and reiterates that one line, over and over again.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

HK-47 stole the term meatbag from Bender. Bender has a much larger repertoire of self-aggrandizement and depreciation of others, I just chose that video to illustrate HK-47's thievery. I'd like to see him top this.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I see nothing wrong with the term 'meatbag' being stolen. Happens quite a lot!

Well, if they can come up with a way for droids to have kids, I'd like to see that, too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We may very well in TOR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBl5nAHNyI8#t=2m5s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

HK-47 was a riot.Lol! "It was you who programed me hence" "I informed him of his meatbag status,he was unimpressed, but you found the reference humoruos."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 2