The Bothan Spynet [The Forum of The Star Wars Report]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
The latest episode is up and running - finally! Star Wars Report 4

Indeed our interview part deux with Allan Quick of the 501st is up! Great times with Allan, both during and after the show.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Yeah, I listened to it yesterday. Even I'm not that big on dress up, but I want to join. now!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
Yeah, I listened to it yesterday. Even I'm not that big on dress up, but I want to join. now!

I was like that until I did it. A helmet changes EVERYTHING! Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You know, I saw this pretty spectacular Mando helmet on ebay that had me salivating, but I could not afford a purchase of that price, so I had to let it go Crying or Very sad .

I've even access to my dad's workshop, so I could technically make some metal Mando armour, but my skills are far too rusty for it to be called, in any way, decent!

Anyhoozelbees, the latest episode of the Star Wars Report is up: Help Me Obi Wan Kenobi, You're My Only Hope.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Be sure to check out The Star Wars Report #6 Lego Speak

After all many of our cloned Bothan spies died to bring you this Podcast!

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quite a nice podcast! Quite interesting talk on Dengar - it had never occured to me about the head scarf. It seems more than likely that they'll include it.

I've a question about your thoughts on the Revan cover: What is it you don't like about the green lightsabre? Initially I wasn't a fan of it (I preferred playing as the blue variant, the Guardian) but if you look back on his character, he certainly seems, or seemed, more introspective, more likely to use his mind - and thus, the Force - than a lightsabre, which would make him a Consular. Unless he pulls a Holt and just picked a random crystal out of the box.

As to the face mask, I am a little worried, too, about its inclusion. Though that is offset by two things: 1, that is is an iconic (and not to mention cool) piece of kit; and 2, it's Karpyshyn writing it. The guy behind Revan. If it's included in the book - and not just on the cover so as not to give him a canonical face - then there's more than likely a good reason for it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The Latest Podcast episode is out! The Star Wars Report #7 A Chat with Tarkin http://t.co/8XXhE5L

Life Is The Path wrote:
Quite a nice podcast! Quite interesting talk on Dengar - it had never occured to me about the head scarf. It seems more than likely that they'll include it.

I've a question about your thoughts on the Revan cover: What is it you don't like about the green lightsabre? Initially I wasn't a fan of it (I preferred playing as the blue variant, the Guardian) but if you look back on his character, he certainly seems, or seemed, more introspective, more likely to use his mind - and thus, the Force - than a lightsabre, which would make him a Consular. Unless he pulls a Holt and just picked a random crystal out of the box.

As to the face mask, I am a little worried, too, about its inclusion. Though that is offset by two things: 1, that is is an iconic (and not to mention cool) piece of kit; and 2, it's Karpyshyn writing it. The guy behind Revan. If it's included in the book - and not just on the cover so as not to give him a canonical face - then there's more than likely a good reason for it.

Glad you enjoyed the show!

Saber- I do kind of wonder how much emphasis will be placed on Revan's saber's color. Personally I would change mine all the time until I got to the Silver one. Wink

Though I think the cover will represent what Revan is to the public and nothing to do with the story. But then another thought would be that maybe he needs to be a Sith for some reason... like perhaps he goes to Korriban or some Sith stronghold. I mean we know he turned to the light- thus the green saber makes sense on the cover, though he could have used the mask and his reputation as a Sith Lord to get to the Sith Emperor. Or something similar.

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You guys might be interested in this: my wife found this link about book publications. It explains the models for book publication, and how money gets redistributed when a book is sold.

http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2011/03/why-some-e-books-cost-more-than.html
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Taral-DLOS wrote:
You guys might be interested in this: my wife found this link about book publications. It explains the models for book publication, and how money gets redistributed when a book is sold.

http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2011/03/why-some-e-books-cost-more-than.html

Oh Cool! I'll check that out!

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Here's the latest Episode!!!
http://www.starwarsreport.com/2011/08/24/swr-8-geeking-out/

Riley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SWR has a new podcast up, full of interviews from Dragon* Con. With the pair are Ashley Eckstein, Sam Witwer, Sam Huntington, Tom Kane and a singing Temuera Morrison!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Skuldren and Cerrinea were on the latest Star Wars Report episode!! Listen to it here.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Skuldren and Cerrinea were on the latest Star Wars Report episode!! Listen to it here.

It was good to get you both on! We'll have to do it again sometime soon! And on a live episode! May the Force be with you! And Roqoo Depot!

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

StarWarsReport.com links to here, but there hasn't been a post in forever....

Hi, I'm Eric, and I've become a growing fan of the show ever since The Bothan Report days.

This is kind of random, but Riley's "Toy Hutt with two 't's" reminds me a lot of Nathan P. Butler's old "Star Warz with a 'z'" from the Chronoradio days. Did anyone else notice that?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

EricxDu wrote:
StarWarsReport.com links to here, but there hasn't been a post in forever....

Hi, I'm Eric, and I've become a growing fan of the show ever since The Bothan Report days.

This is kind of random, but Riley's "Toy Hutt with two 't's" reminds me a lot of Nathan P. Butler's old "Star Warz with a 'z'" from the Chronoradio days. Did anyone else notice that?

Laughing Missed that. I guess that's something EUCast was guilty of too. When we had Toy Hutt sponsoring us we had the Trooper recording Austin and I made. (I still get a kick out of that clip)

Riley nails the sponsorship line Wink Much better then I do that is. Wink

Thanks for listening and feel free to drop comments here when you listen to older shows. We intended for it to be like a alternate chat for listeners who couldn't catch the shows live.

As it would seem- many of the regular posters have been at the live shows. So the forum has gotten a little behind itself.

We're now on our 29th episode. How the time flies. I'd feel more guilty but since we started cloning the Bothan's it hasn't felt like as many of them have been dying to bring you the podcast. Just 4, a few thousand times.

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 6 of 7