Revenge of the Sith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:16 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
@Mara: I never understand when people like that scene. Several of my favorite masters just bend over and die without a fight. The book did it better.

yeah'd say so

Anakin saw the sunlight through the hole in Kit Fisto's forehead. THAT'S awesome!

ROTS the movie as a whole cannot overcome my hang-ups with it. My list wasn't even complete, I just got tired of typing all the problems up.

"Darth Gramps" LOL good point there

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not sure if this should be here or in the "Literature and Media" forum, but it branches the film, so here goes.

In Republic Commando Order 66, four days pass from the end of the Battle of Coruscant to Operation Knightfall/Order 66. In the film, however, I only know of three nightfalls(pardon the pun.)

Night 1. Anakin and Padme conversation and Anakin's dream. Presuambly the same day the Chancellor is rescued and the battle ends.

Night 2. Palpatine and Anakin at the opera. Tragedy of Darth Plagueis.

Night 3. March on the Temple.

Does more time pass in the film than what is apparent onscreen? From watching the film it would seem there's only 2 days between the end of the battle and Operation Knightfall, but the Order 66 novel says its four. Can anyone shed light on this?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Since Padme goes from not even showing her pregnancy to significantly showing and giving birth I'd say a great deal of time passes.

That's one of the things that bugs me about ROTS. You don't get any real sense of how much time passes. You have to infer too much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Cerrinea wrote:
Since Padme goes from not even showing her pregnancy to significantly showing and giving birth I'd say a great deal of time passes.

That's one of the things that bugs me about ROTS. You don't get any real sense of how much time passes. You have to infer too much.

When was she not showing? In her first scene? The robe she was wearing was meant to conceal her pregnancy.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Then that makes Anakin the dumbest guy in the galaxy for not noticing the baby bump when he held her close to him.

Padme had to tell Anakin she was pregnant. This after they embraced and he didn't even sense it. Jedi, remember. I know Anakin's not the brightest lightsaber hanging on the belt, but I think even he'd notice a nearly full-term pregnancy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Maybe he thought she had too much McDonald's... Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Cerrinea wrote:
Then that makes Anakin the dumbest guy in the galaxy for not noticing the baby bump when he held her close to him.

Padme had to tell Anakin she was pregnant. This after they embraced and he didn't even sense it. Jedi, remember. I know Anakin's not the brightest lightsaber hanging on the belt, but I think even he'd notice a nearly full-term pregnancy.

*shrug* Well, whatever the case, she was indeed nearly full term at that point. In the very next scene (which is presumably later that same night), Padme is in a nightgown and is clearly very pregnant.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's definitely supposed to have been at least halfway through the pregnancy, because Anakin and Padme haven't seen each other for months. The last time they saw each other was in SW: Obsession on Naboo, which was five months before Episode III. It's possible that the final season of TCW could change this, however.

I wouldn't fault him for not sensing that she was pregnant, as that doesn't seem like a Jedi power that's latent. Obi-Wan didn't sense it was Anakin dropping into the elevator earlier in the film. "Oh, it's you!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

Rots was by far the best prequel trilogy movie of all. So many secrets were revealed, things were uncovered, Jedi were killed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

My favorite moment from rots was the anakin v. obi-wan duel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ROTS may be my favorite of the Saga. Just a touch more than Empire. Blasphemy, I know. Just love how it connects all the dots. And we get to see Sidious in action.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 3 of 3