Knight Errant Book and Comic by John Jackson Miller
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Cover for Deluge #5 from the Dark Horse facebook page:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:19 am Reply with quote  

Awesome! I hadn't seen that yet. It'll be nice to see the interior art of the new Hutt. I'm hoping we get a nice detailed panel or two showing him in his glory.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I read your post and thought you meant some art of inside the Hutt Embarassed . I understand what you meant, now! I agree. There is a danger of the Hutt becoming a caricature of itself. Speaking of caricatures, I'm starting to dislike the image of Kerra. I can't remember if the cover image correlates with the inside art or not, but I'm not very fond of how she looks.

What I do like, though, is that craft. Can't recall if we've seen that design before. If we haven't, that might be the starfighter the Hutt'll fly.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And some character sketches, here: http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/541/knight-errant-character-sketches

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:12 am Reply with quote  

The cover artist is different from the interior artist, and their styles don't match either, so Kerra does look different.

But then the artists are going to change again in Deluge #2, so I have no idea what sort of style shift that will bring. Ivan Rodriguez did Aflame #3-5, and is doing Deluge #1. His art has it's ups and downs. The new guy is Iban Coello (penciller) with inker Sergio Abad. They're definitely doing Deluge #2 and #3, not sure about the rest.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh dear. I'm starting to get a little worried about all this changing of artists. This lack of consistency could detract from, and harm, the comic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
I wonder if it has any relationship to the New Sith now, or if it is still eliminated prior to Phanius becoming Darth Ruin and creating the Fourth Great Schism?

I'm guessing they'll go for that explanation, but I guess we'll really just have to wait and see.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I could have sworn I read, somewhere, that we'd have cameos of some of the Sith we see in the first Bane book. I think it was the two who had a grudge between them. Anyone remember this?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote  

Actually I've read that we won't see any cameos from the Bane books because of the time gap. So...not sure which way they'll go.

They did release the cover for #4 finally, basically the same as the Comic Con flyer they had, plus the synopsis:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote  

Read Deluge #1 yesterday. LOVED IT! Of course I'm seriously biased with my love for Hutts, and Zodoh is great. The story is good. The only bad thing is the art is...well...it varies. Big ups and downs. But then again, that's nothing new to this series. It's alot like Aflame #3 with some good art and some bad art. Overall its still good. There are panels with really good detail and coloring. But it's still jarring to see the wide disparity in the style. And it's not just the artist either, it's the coloring too. Some of it is gritty, some is clean, and some looks very computer graphic like.

Regardless, I really like how this new Hutt turned out. Excited to keep reading. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Actually I've read that we won't see any cameos from the Bane books because of the time gap. So...not sure which way they'll go.

They did release the cover for #4 finally, basically the same as the Comic Con flyer they had, plus the synopsis:

How odd. It is only thirty years, or so, and that's not much of a difference. If my memory of the post ROTJ timeline serves me well, we see several characters in Ascension that were first introduced thirty odd years ago. If I find out the names, I'll ask JJM.

I'm liking the cover. Reminds me of several other covers DH has been putting out in other series.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote  

Anyone interested in seeing some of the interior art, here goes:

Two different faces of Kerra

Zodoh the Hutt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I quite like her, looking like that. Well, it's better than looking like a man in drag Laughing .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote  

Some cool pictures of the spaceships in Knight Errant Deluge
http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/621/star-wars-friday-knight-errant-space-ships

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Some cool pictures of the spaceships in Knight Errant Deluge
http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/621/star-wars-friday-knight-errant-space-ships

That middle ship looks to be a Hutt fighter! That would be very cool to see.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 7