Attack of the Clones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

...And because Anakin shows more emotion in this poster than he does in the entire movie? Razz Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I always thought that Anakin on the poster looks very much like me on account of his eyes appearing to be brown. At least, as I looked back when the movie came out.

Edit: Incidentally I have found some pictures of myself from 2002 and *I* think it looks like me, or vice-versa, for sure. But maybe I'm biased.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Life Is The Path wrote:
...And because Anakin shows more emotion in this poster than he does in the entire movie? Razz Laughing

Burn. Wink Poor AotC. So much hate.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What's with all the hate? Indeed. I cannot fathom how much venom is always spit at the second prequel.

Except for every scene where there's nobody on the screen but Anakin and Senator Wet Blanket, I love AOTC. Even if it's just Artoo and/or Threepio, as long as they're sharing the screen with another character, they're both tolerable. But every second of film where it's the two of them I find it painful almost unwatchable... good thing I have the FFWD button on the remote. Rolling Eyes IMO the whole fireside scene and the whole meadow pinic scene ought to have been deleted from the movie. I'm hoping both scenes will be magically absent from the Blu-Ray version of Episode II. Laughing

I love everything else in the movie. The arena scuffle that was the beginning of The War, the revelation of the cloning facility, the pursuit of Zam Wesell, the critical Senatorial proceedings, the story of Jango becoming the clone template, the return to Mos Espa, the introduction of the Lars' and their farm, the Death Star meetings, the investigation by gumshoe Kenobi, the assassination or Corde on the landing platform, the everything else I left out of my list... ALL of it is fantastic. The special effects were amazing, the CGI was gorgeously used to show us the plot unfold. The whole set up for the clone army being activated was fascinating. Finding out that Dooku was Qui-Gon's master was profoundly cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I can't complain too much about the film. It's the only one where you can see my city -just like in Lawrence of Arabia. That's the place where we, in our local Star Wars fan group, make our meetings. Well, more o less. In fact, the plaza it's only half plaza. The other half was just in the computer. But that's better than nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

wookie_inked wrote:
.....Senator Wet Blanket

You, my friend, will have kouhuns slipped into your bed very soon..... Wink

I honestly think TPM has more issues than AotC, but that's just my opinion. I still love both films.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Senator Wet Blanket. LOL

Actually, and I hate to say this because I love Natalie Portman, but the movie shows much better when you skip most of the Padme-Anakin scenes -- particularly the love scenes. God, they're awful. It's been 9 years and I'm still trying to figure out exactly why Padme fell in love with Anakin in the first place. Seriously, it was not his charm, his way with words or his maturity. LOL

The rest of the movie is just like Wookie said. I just don't get the AOTC hate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Cerrinea wrote:
It's been 9 years and I'm still trying to figure out exactly why Padme fell in love with Anakin in the first place. Seriously, it was not his charm, his way with words or his maturity. LOL

You know, sometimes love is blind... and in cases like this one, it's deaf, too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Senator Wet Blanket. LOL

Actually, and I hate to say this because I love Natalie Portman, but the movie shows much better when you skip most of the Padme-Anakin scenes -- particularly the love scenes. God, they're awful. It's been 9 years and I'm still trying to figure out exactly why Padme fell in love with Anakin in the first place. Seriously, it was not his charm, his way with words or his maturity. LOL.

Natalie said it herself on the DVD extra. It's because he was cute. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
wookie_inked wrote:
.....Senator Wet Blanket

what's this about you and my bed?

Razz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I honestly think TPM has more issues than AotC, but that's just my opinion. I still love both films.

For me, TPM "felt" more like it was in the same universe as the OT than AOTC does. I'm wondering if it's because AOTC is more reliant upon CG than physical effects and models, whereas TPM is more like the Special Editions of the OT insofar as that it used more physical models, costumes, and physical setpieces than the whole OT combined and then was supplemented with CG. Whereas AOTC was shot digitally and a lot of stuff was created purely digitally, e.g. Yoda, the clone troopers, Coruscant.

I think that's my primary knock against AOTC, besides what I say below:

Cerrinea wrote:
Senator Wet Blanket. LOL

Actually, and I hate to say this because I love Natalie Portman, but the movie shows much better when you skip most of the Padme-Anakin scenes -- particularly the love scenes. God, they're awful. It's been 9 years and I'm still trying to figure out exactly why Padme fell in love with Anakin in the first place. Seriously, it was not his charm, his way with words or his maturity. LOL

The rest of the movie is just like Wookie said. I just don't get the AOTC hate.

AOTC would be a lot better film, IMO, if it excised most of the Anakin and Padme scenes. Especially the fireplace scene. It lacks any sort of subtlety to it that would make it more organic and believable. If there was simply sexual tension without any overt discussion of it beyond "I shouldn't have done that" after Padme kisses Anakin, it works a lot better. As it is in the film, it's as if Lucas is holding the audience's hand as though they won't just accept that a romance between Anakin and Padme is something that shouldn't be undertaken and consequently beats the audience over the head with this fact. The scene on the refugee frigate about attachment being forbidden should be enough, we don't need Anakin crying about how he wishes he could wish away his feelings.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

wookie_inked wrote:
wookie_inked wrote:
.....Senator Wet Blanket

what's this about you and my bed?

Razz

Psh, I have lackeys to actually deliver the kouhuns. I'll be here at my computer when they arrive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

awww

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
Natalie said it herself on the DVD extra. It's because he was cute.

Seriously, no one's that cute. You'd have to wear earplugs. I can picture it now.

Padme and Anakin on balcony. Padme combing her hair.

Anakin: I'm so in love with you.

Padme: What? I can't hear you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
...we don't need Anakin crying about how he wishes he could wish away his feelings.

Don't you mean whoosh away his feelings? That's what my sister always thought he said. Laughing

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 2 of 4