(Jedi Expedition) Character Posting/Approval Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
(Jedi Expedition) Character Posting/Approval Thread
 PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

**MOD Note: This thread has been modified from it's original purpose. It is now the 2nd EUCantina Role Playing Approval thread. All posts referencing to the 1st EUCantina Role Playing MERCENARY MISSION need to be addressed in it's Approval thread here The idea for the 2nd Mission (Placed in the past during the Kotor Eras) started on about page 5 of this thread- before that all posts were planning for the Merc Mission that died.

-Original Post:

Mercenary Mission Part one is wrapping up. I know the original idea was for us to have another space battle, but I had a different idea a couple of days ago I wanted to run past you guys.

Thrawn is planning to take down a New Republic-held planet. To begin, he sends in us, the Skar'kla Commandos, to go undercover and prepare the battlefield. We split up into teams and sabotage, scout, assassinate, and relay intel, and then we join the battle in ships and on ground when the Imperials arrive to lay siege.

I remember many people agreeing that we should do something Wraith Squadron-esq. This is our chance. What do you guys think?
________
FREE JOOMLA THEMES

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote  

It sounds good. Perhaps we could start the next mission at some ship yard. Considering all the damage the ships have taken it seems logical that after completing the mission we would head off to get our ships repaired. I like the idea overall though, sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:29 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Don't know if this is the proper topic but I'm still up for joining the RP if there's a place for me. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote  

Yep, I know my squad has lost some men so I'm sure the group is in need of replacements. You should fit right in.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote  

Just on the issue of replacements I was going to introduce a replacement character for Dawn 3. I was going to have this replacement come from a "reserve" squadron. Basically when all the "frontline units" (namely the squadrons already being led by our characters) have their rosters full any excess recruits get assigned to this reserve unit until attrition opens up a slot in a frontline unit or the recruit quits. I thought typically it could be led by older veteran officers who are now too old to lead regular combat units but because of their experience are kept on as trainers.

If everyone approves of my idea the name I was thinking of calling the unit was Triumph Squadron, but have it informally known as "Fodder Squadron" (or some other name that conveys that the "frontline units" look down on the unit made up of recruits and "fossils").

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote  

I like the idea of old mercs going back into battle.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Shipyards are fine, but I think it being down on a planet would open more options. Should we create a planet or pick a really obscure EU planet that has never been developed?
________
Ferrari f50 gt history

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote  

Let us open the floor for suggestions...

I nominate Felucia: strange creatures, stranger plants.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I second Felucia. This might not work, but maybe we could do a ground battle? Or was that what you were getting at?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't like the idea of Felucia at all: I think somthing urban or atleast populated would be better. There are so many more possibilities on an urban planet. Maybe Taris? I don't think anything is developed about Taris in that time frame.
________
ONE TREE HILL DICUSSION

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Taris is supposed to have declined and never recovered after KotOR so I'm not sure how well it would work. Perhaps a more earth-like word would provide possibilities.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:12 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Maybe a partly settled world like Tatooine. Or as I said before, maybe we could make up a planet.
________
Willow run assembly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I didn't mean to take Taris off the table, I was just pointing that out. Wink

Tatooine wouldn't be too bad and making up planets is always fun as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote  

I kinda like the idea of Taris, it being a semi-grave yard world would open up a lot of interesting exploration options that wouldn't be possible in a normal urban planet.

For picking a world perhaps we should first figure out why it would be of any strategic advantage. Places like Tatooine or Felucia that are hardly populated I think would only make sense if Thrawn's goal was to draw New Republic forces out of position. Otherwise they would have little military value.

I think we should also stick with established planets for the time being. That way all we have to think about is creating interesting missions and not also working on setting up believable environments. Look how much time went into just creating the first mission for the RPG, we'd have to assume double the planning time if we create new planets and we don't want the RPG to die off simply because it takes too long to create the next mission.

Besides if we go with the idea of venturing off into the Unknown Regions at some point we'll have plenty of time to develop planets for that mission (or group of missions). Why not start creating planets but table them for now until later in the RPG, that way we can focus on just creating new missions that allow us to develop the characters and Skar'kla group as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote  

All right, I'll second the notion of picking an existing planet. Guess I'll take a look at some realistic prospects, with "urban" in mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 1 of 37