The EUCantina Points Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I question the need to hide such a fantastic thing in a pointless spoiler warning. And by pointless, I mean that you're not getting any. Even though it is an amazing book.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys (I pray to god you get the reference)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What?!?!?! I'm not going to have my 10 points welcome? C'mon, OMB, I'm from another continent. I was already in bed when you created this thing.

BTW, I didn't like too much Shadows of Mindor. Fortunately, it was written by Stover. I don't want to think what another writter would have done with it. It would be terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:23 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nedara wrote:
What?!?!?! I'm not going to have my 10 points welcome? C'mon, OMB, I'm from another continent. I was already in bed when you created this thing.

BTW, I didn't like too much Shadows of Mindor. Fortunately, it was written by Stover. I don't want to think what another writter would have done with it. It would be terrible.

I actually agree with you Nedara, I didn't enjoy Mindor that much, but then I should probably re read it once more to try it on again. Stover is always better each read. Traitor I must have read eight times, and RotS easily 12 times if not more.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:06 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

My pleasure, IR2. You know, the biggest problem with Shadows of Mindor, I think, is the insertion of the Stover's pet characters seems a quite forced. It doesn't seem quite natural to me.

Caedus_16 wrote:

Let me guess. That's what we call "gabachos" (said with due respect, I don't want to insult anyone here), right? But our expression is a bit older. Well, in fact, it's much more older than from 1995. But, hey, they are our neighbors, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Let's see...

Caedus, sadly I do not get the reference, so that's a failed attempt at points. Try harder next time, lad!

Nedara, 50 points to you for being our first player from a continent that I don't live on. The joys of being an international player!

And IR2, 42 points for the little Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.

SCOREBOARD

JediMara77: 210
Nedara: 50
IR2: 42
Padme: 40
Caedus: 40
ADG12311990: 10

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nedara wrote:
My pleasure, IR2. You know, the biggest problem with Shadows of Mindor, I think, is the insertion of the Stover's pet characters seems a quite forced. It doesn't seem quite natural to me.

Caedus_16 wrote:

Let me guess. That's what we call "gabachos" (said with due respect, I don't want to insult anyone here), right? But our expression is a bit older. Well, in fact, it's much more older than from 1995. But, hey, they are our neighbors, after all.

"Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys" is how Groundskeeper Willie referred to the French. Due to budget cut-backs, Willie had to teach the French class.

Good times.

Below is as obscure a reference as I could think of. It combines many things that nerds love, and many will still require a Google search to get it, regardless of nerdity.

"When the ones who run the firehouse are the ones who start the fire
And the lawless make the laws, and every preacher is a liar
And the ones that damn the innocent, well they own the nightly news
And the front page.

An old man said to me: it's not who, but what you know
And knowledge isn't wisdom without control
Better still to be the changes that you want to see
But they come slow, I know.

And you said RISE ABOVE
Open your eyes up
And you said Rise Above
But I can't, I can't."
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Nedara wrote:

Caedus_16 wrote:

"Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys" is how Groundskeeper Willie referred to the French. Due to budget cut-backs, Willie had to teach the French class.

Good times.

Ha! Someone got it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*ahem* Old Master Ben, you are the best Admin ever! Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Taral-DLOS wrote:
"Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys" is how Groundskeeper Willie referred to the French.

Exactly what I said, "gabachos", just like you, English-speaking people are "guiris", again, with all my respects to everypeople.

BTW, the song is Rise Above II by Reeve Carney. I haven't listen to it, but Google is soooo good...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

30 points are awarded to Taral for creating the longest post in this thread so far.

Reep, I know I am. Thank you.

SCOREBOARD

JediMara77: 210
Nedara: 50
IR2: 42
Padme: 40
Caedus: 40
Taral: 30
ADG12311990: 10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

If I would have known it...

You know, I'm finishing my translation of I, Jedi. I could post the whole book in Spanish in one post. Would that be long enough to win some more points?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote  

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Indeed, it is a trap, Skuldren. Posting that picture has resulted in the awarding of 100 points to every person who has post in this thread so far... except for you.

SCOREBOARD

JediMara77: 310
Nedara: 150
IR2: 142
Padme: 140
Caedus: 140
Taral: 130
ADG12311990: 110
Reepicheep: 100

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

That seems fishy, but I won't complain.

Do I get points for my awesome homemade t-shirts that I'm wearing at Dragon Con?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 20