Like Father, Like Son
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Luke was whiny, but Anakin was ridiculously whiny. Anakin was so whiny, it made you wanna slap the guy.........if he didn't have a ligtsaber and incredibly powerful Force-abilities. Just look at Anakin:

"Why can't I be a Jedi Master!?" stomps foot and scowls at Obi Wan. "You guys don't trust me. Palpatine trusts me, and he seems like a real straight shooter."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think it's pretty funny that along with the Force strength the male Skywalker descendents inherit the whine. In the first part of NJO Jacen was also pretty whiny. I remember my palm just itching to smack him as I was reading.

You think that had anything to do with having whiny teenage boys myself at the time? Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
I think it's pretty funny that along with the Force strength the male Skywalker descendents inherit the whine. In the first part of NJO Jacen was also pretty whiny. I remember my palm just itching to smack him as I was reading.

You think that had anything to do with having whiny teenage boys myself at the time? Very Happy

Probably not. I had the exact same thing with Jacen in the beginning of the NJO. Very Happy
As for the other whiners: I myself didn't mind it with Luke, because I think it fits his character. Being a simple farmboy and all, being up against impossible odds.... I think a little whining is understandable.
Anakin starts of whining, but he actually gets to a point where I ask myself if there isn't anyone in the Jedi Temple that can see that there is something the matter with Anakin...
And Cade... To me Cade wasn't a whining character at all, but a very realisticly written character. There just really are people who act like Cade when they are down on their luck. He got whiney sometimes, but never too much for my taste. I really enjoyed his character.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I found Cade very realistic, and I really liked his character even when you wanted to boot him in the behind. I loved the end of Legacy: War.

Anakin was really whiny but I gave birth to worse. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 2