Big Reveal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ummm

this is random

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote  

*cue announcer's voice* Prepare to see Star Wars like you've never seen it before...now with high definition Ewoks!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I dunno, I'm finding them less cute and fluffy with those HD eyes! Shocked

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I dunno, I'm finding them less cute and fluffy with those HD eyes! Shocked

My guess is they're trying to make the Ewoks look somewhat less cutesy as the reason behind the new eyes.

IMO the new big brown eyes are certainly more creepy looking. If all they wanted to do was give the Ewoks the ability to blink or shift their eyes, they could have easily just CGI moved the original eyes. But giving the little furball totally new and somewhat more alien/animalistic eyes is making Wicket look less huggable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote  

Everyone always overlooks that they're cannibals. It's like those cute rock aliens in Galaxy Quest. Sure they look cute, until they try to eat you.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, wow, Crash. That is creepy indeed. Shocked

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think the eyes look different in an attempt to make it look like the Ewok films. Personally I thought it looked better in Return of the Jedi, but it's possible that the costume itself was supposed to look the way it does in the Ewok films.

And yes, it is creepy. It's also creepy that Wicket can speak in the Ewok films to a limited extent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That picture breaking the format of the page is starting to drive me nuts.

It seems that the OT blu-ray discs have leaked out at this point and been ripped and leaked so people have viewed them and the changes are leaking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hMRfAIynh4

As far as I know it could be fake. If it's real, it will probably be the most controversial thing, like Hayden in Return of the Jedi.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

nah

I don't think that change is real. Fan hoax. That's not as silly as Vader's "NOOOOO!!!!" from ROTS but it is bad. I doubt that's going to be on the ROTJ blu-ray.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It seems to be taken seriously by most people at home theater and AV forums, as well as blu-ray.com. But I haven't seen the guy that claims to have the blu-ray and has been posting screenshots confirm it. And of course, most people are immediately accepting it as true because I think a lot of the people have been waiting for changes to leak out to immediately jump on and criticize them. They're also criticizing the Ewok changes.

I am thinking 80% chance it's real. I think it could be fake because the first "no" is obviously an earlier line of Vader saying "no" slowed down. That video also isn't the first thing that leaked, first it was just an audio file. I read that the video was created by someone taking the DVD or whatever and using the audio file; if true, that video isn't from the blu-ray.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

[quote="Darth Skuldren"]Everyone always overlooks that they're cannibals. [quote]
Since when are they cannibals? They eat people. Now if they eat other Ewoks, then they'd be cannibals.

By the way, I am not a fan of the new eyes*. On one hand it does like kind of neat but come on you can't change the Ewok's eyes. They wouldn't even look cute with human eyes.

*If it's official.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Interesting that I still haven't seen confirmation by someone that actually has the blu-ray or a leaked rip of it that the Vader lines are in it.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Found that. Under spoiler tag for formatting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not going to ask how R2 got in that hole now that the Blu-Ray has added another rock, because I am currently brain dead and it will prove to be a dumb question.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Crash Override wrote:
It seems to be taken seriously by most people at home theater and AV forums, as well as blu-ray.com. But I haven't seen the guy that claims to have the blu-ray and has been posting screenshots confirm it. And of course, most people are immediately accepting it as true because I think a lot of the people have been waiting for changes to leak out to immediately jump on and criticize them. They're also criticizing the Ewok changes.

I am thinking 80% chance it's real. I think it could be fake because the first "no" is obviously an earlier line of Vader saying "no" slowed down. That video also isn't the first thing that leaked, first it was just an audio file. I read that the video was created by someone taking the DVD or whatever and using the audio file; if true, that video isn't from the blu-ray.

I suspect this is real. The webmedia is quite vocal on it. And my wife showed me the twitters of @DarthVader and @LordPalpatine that say it too (granted I'm pretty sure they're just fans but still.)

If it is real? A little irritating. But otherwise I can deal with it. Just linking the prequels to the original films. No big deal on my end.

There are some fun twitter items under #fakestarwarsblurayleaks. Alderaan Shot First, for example.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 8 of 9