EUCast Episode 29 - Not Paid to Party

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want us to have Clip of the Week Again? (Poll closes after episode 31)
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

EUCast Episode 29 - Not Paid to Party
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Shownotes for EUCast Episode 29 - Not Paid to Party

-When the boss is away, the EUCasters will play.

-Special news rundown from George.

-News Discussion.

-New KOTOR MMO?

-Why not just improve Galaxies?

-The Force Unleashed trailer discussion.

-Main Discussion: Clone Wars TV show reviews.

-Were the reviews better than expected?

-Talk about the plot of the first episode.

-A new idea for a Wii Star Wars game!

-And much more!

Contact Information:

Email: eucast@eucantina.net

Leave us a voicemail at: 206-203-4476

Vote for us once a month on Podcast Alley.

You can download and listen to the episode here: http://www.eucantina.net/archives/837

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

George....
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

You sound familiar ..... any relation to ..... oh never mind. Nice to have you aboard.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for the nice show, I partucularly liked the pace, everything moved fast and always with interresting discussions.....
My opnions...
I also love Tag and Bink, I bought the Paperback version a while ago that collects all the individual issues and it is really really funny. Well it is from Ken Rubio, the guy who created the fanfilm TROOPS, so you know it is good.

Now, these news about Force Unleashed 2 just gives me even more concerns about the quality of this game, it iseems that they need a gimmick, like super force power almost Superman like, and then forced a history around it. Without too much concern for continuity and the future.

So next year we will have Force Unleashed 2, continuing the story, without ending it. and in a couple of years in the future we will have Force Unleashed 3 that instead of finishing up the story is presented as a MMO!!

Clone Wars, I think I will love this new cartoon, but I have the same concerns as Nathan, as he mentioned on previous EUCasts, first they give more importance to their gimmicks (Ahsoka) then to the stablished continuity, and also I hate this name, how many diferent series, books, games we can have called just Clone Wars without getting completely confused of what we are talking about.
So, again, as a stand alone series I think I will loved, as a another brick on the continuity wall I think I will suck.

And if it is as good as Thunderbirds (the series not the movie) then I am happy.

Btw guys, I love the Make the Connection segment, and I always have some idea, but unfortunately the show is not live so I cant share it in real time.

My idea for Deodorant this time was...
Remember Return of the Jedi, and Leia on the gold bikini, when they are about to flee from Jabba's Sail Barge, she put her naked arms around Luke's neck, after having swet
a lot killing Jabba. I hope for the sake of our Jedi Master that she was using a very good deodorant.
Not that I would mind having her arms around my neck (with or without deodorant....)

That all for this episode....... We need more "Rants!!!"

Cheers,
Reco

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Your question about the imperial knights in the trailer - those were royal guard with armor similar to that worn by kir kanos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Great episode guys! I liked your little droid discussion too, although you did not talk about the droidekas - they are pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That all for this episode....... We need more "Rants!!!"

Yes, yes we do Very Happy I'll bug Austin to do that more for you, that's for sure, Reco.

Btw guys, I love the Make the Connection segment, and I always have some idea, but unfortunately the show is not live so I cant share it in real time.

Well, you can pause it, say it aloud/e-mail us it (we always love hearing this sort of stuff) and see how they match.

Just a comment on the TFU trailer discussion-- Leia and Bail have been known to be in the game, Luke and Obi-Wan were in concept art, but it's not known if they are in the story or just playable characters in multi-player.

Gents, as Tom would say, amazing work Very Happy I wasn't even offended when Austin said he had more fun without me Crying or Very sad No worries, however, no one will be fired, I promise. I will be back this week, thus, George, sadly will not be back next week (or will he!?)

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

comanderbly wrote:
Your question about the imperial knights in the trailer - those were royal guard with armor similar to that worn by kir kanos

Indeed. Remember, Leia was still a junior senator for the Empire at that time and that shuttle was an Imperial shuttle. As a huge TFU fan, I think I'll write a blog with my thoughts on the trailer as they were so many.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I missed when this went up so I had no idea until someone mentioned it to me. Just finished it today (unfortunately had to stop midway through).

That being said, great job all around. I'm a little troubled by the TFU 2 news as well (especially when the first isn't out) as that tends to imply that the first game may not be as complete as possible.

I actually don't mind the over-the-top force powers as it will make for an interesting gameplay. With videogames (and keeping the target audience in mind) you need to have compelling gameplay (read: blow stuff up) and then wrap a story around it. The quality of that story is what can help make or break a game.

Anyway, great job all. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
I'm a little troubled by the TFU 2 news as well (especially when the first isn't out) as that tends to imply that the first game may not be as complete as possible.

Not necessarily. Haden Blackman, as seen in our TFU Fact Thread, said at Celebration Europe that characters and story-lines, although not major in the first, shouldn't be wasted. His exact quote is in the thread. The story they want to tell is no doubt very much complete.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 1 of 1