Upcoming Movie Releases
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Upcoming Movie Releases
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Is anyone planning on seeing Jumper, staring Hayden Christensen (do I have to tell you who that is?) and Samuel L. Jackson (again, do I)? It looks really good but I'm not a big fan of the Bourne films.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:00 pm Reply with quote  

I keep seeing the previews for that movie and kept thinking "geez I SWEAR that actor looks like the guy who played Anakin." Glad to know I'm not going crazy.

As far as actually going to see it in theatres it will largely depend on whether I have the time and the money (7+ bucks isn't something to be spent lightly when your in college after all).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quote  

I have a friend who wants to see it. The idea is kind of neat, plus it will be interesting to see how Samuel L. Jackson manages to counter the "jumping" ability. Odd that I didn't take notice that Hayden Christensen was the jumper guy. It'll be nice to see him in another movie.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Speaking of Jumper, myself and 3 friends went to see AVP:R a few weeks back and the trailer for Jumper came on.

It got to the scene where Christensen and Jackson are in some building near a big window and i lean over to my friend (another SW fan) and say

'Hey, I've seen this movie before. He cuts his hand off.'

Coke went EVERYWHERE. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sabre wrote:
Speaking of Jumper, myself and 3 friends went to see AVP:R a few weeks back and the trailer for Jumper came on.

It got to the scene where Christensen and Jackson are in some building near a big window and i lean over to my friend (another SW fan) and say

'Hey, I've seen this movie before. He cuts his hand off.'

Coke went EVERYWHERE. Laughing

Haha . . . that's great. Laughing Watch something like that actually happens in that part.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quote  

Sometime this week I plan on watching There Will Be Blood. I've been putting it off for far too long.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

98 days till Prince Caspian, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Who plans on seeing Dark Knight? That's the movie I'm looking forward to the most.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
Who plans on seeing Dark Knight? That's the movie I'm looking forward to the most.

That would be me; more or less, since Batman Begins, I've become a major Batman fan and will be seeing this the day it's released! I'm also looking forward to Prince Caspian, Iron Man, Indiana Jones 4, and maybe a few others that I've somehow forgotten. Oh, in April, I'll be seeing The Forbidden Kingdom to see Jet Li vs Jackie Chan!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote  

Finally went and saw There Will Be Blood today. First off, I must say it was another great performance from Daniel Day Lewis. It was also a long movie, somewhere around 2 and a half hours long. Nonetheless it was entertaining. I won't say it was the best movie I've seen in a while, but it was good. More or less its the story of an oil man who is obsessed with his work. Its sort of a eerie drama that revolves around Lewis' character. Violence has a way of popping up every so often but its always very profound and short. It comes at you in quick, powerful doses that leave you stunned. The ending, though serious I suppose, made me kind of smirk and I left the theater with a bit of a smile as I thought about Lewis' last words in the film.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who isn't a big movie buff. If you really like movies with story, and mind you I stress the word story because this isn't an action film, then you'll want to see this. The theater experience will definitely give it a feel that your tv at home just can't accomplish.

3 out of 5 stars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:

Oh yeah, count me in!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The new movies I want to see are few and far between. But I am looking foward to Wall-E.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I forgot about Indy Aush How could I?

I'm looking forward to that, and also the new Potter movie, if it makes it out this year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, Harry Potter, how could I forget that was coming out this Thanksgiving Smile

Recently, from trailers, I'm curious to go and see Charlie Bartlett. It does remind me of Ferris Bueller which I really enjoy and this one looks funny as well. Also, the lead actor is going to be in the new Star Trek movie, so I can get an idea of how he does now that he's older. I do remember him from Taken but that's been awhile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Has there been a trailer for Harry Potter yet? Cause I'm in love with the Harry Potter series (mostly the books though).

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 7