From The Journal Of Elli Synta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
From The Journal Of Elli Synta
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Entry #1.

Hello Mr Datapad Man. My name is Ellias Synta, but my Clan family calls me Elli. I am six and a half! I'm the oldest in my clan! Well, the oldest six year old, so I'm the first six year old of the six year olds. This makes me happy, but sometimes it gets me in trouble. There's this one kid, Darvan - we call him Darv the ... erm ... I don't think I'm allowed to say that - who doesn't like me. He's always a meanie poodoohead. Our Clan Head tells him off, but he doesn't listen. Oh! I think I'm supposed to say important things. I did my name. I'm with Dragon Clan, and I'm a Jedi Initiate. And I'm the oldest, and I'm the only one who can say the Jedi Code from memory! I think Darv doesn't like me because of that, either.

Master Yoda - I'm taller than him - gave me this datapad and told me to talk to it. So I'm talking! Look! It types what I say! See: [unintelligible] Oh. I guess not everything. But I can type, too. And draw pictures. I don't think it likes my drawing. Anyways, I don't know what to say here. Don't know why Master Yoda gave me this. He just said to record my thoughts, but he didn't really say what kind of thoughts.

Oh! I'm starting my lightsaber training later! I finally get to play with a real lightsaber! Okay, it's not real real. It's just a training one. But it does go whoosh! And it's pretty. I think it will be. I haven't seen one. Not face to face. But all lightsabers are pretty. Except Master Dooku's. He's a meanie Rontohead. But I'm happy I get to play with one. I ... I kind of am starting my training later than the other kids. They've been allowed to train for a couple of months. Darv started when he was five and a bit, and he's only a couple of days younger than me.

[Voice positively identified as Dragon Head Master Jan Wile'ke] 'Elli! Time for training. Pack your things and head over to hall aurek.'

Yes, Master. I just need to figure out how to turn this-.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Entry #2.

Hello Mr Datapad Man. Sorry it's been a while since I played with you. Lightsaber training isn't as fun as I thought it would be. It's hard! It doesn't help that I'm the new girl in the group. The other kids keep showing off and do twirly things instead of standing still and letting me hit them.

And I kind of forgot where I put you. Sorry. But I found you! And I'm talking to you now. Do you forgive me?

We've been learning about the Cor-ell-i-a system in class this week. It's super boring. They have this one thing, in there, and they don't even know what it does! But we have a Duros kid ... or is it Duro? Hold on. Hey, Bana! Where's Lensi?

[Voice of an approximate human adolescent male identified as Bana] 'He's up at the fountain, meditating. Why?'

I wanted to know if it's Duro or Duros that means the species.

[Bana] It's Duros for the species. Duro for the homeworld.'

Are you sure? You're not a Duro.

[Bana] 'Of course I'm sure.'

Why?

[Bana] 'Because I'm older. That's why.'

That's Bana. He's all up himself 'cause he won some dumb tournament, and might become a padawan.

Anyways, I have to go soon. I need to work on my Second Pillar. I have to go learn things I'll never-need-to-know-but-have-to-if-I'm-allowed-to-learn-to-use-the-lightsaber.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Entry #7.

I'm not allowed to have lightsaber training any more. Darv was picking on Dama, one of the younger kids. I told Master Wile'ke about it, but he didn't do anything about it! So I kind of cut off Dar's hair ... I knew what I was doing. The training lightsaber was set really low so it wouldn't even hurt him! It's not fair. Dama had to go to the medical wing because Darv threw a training lightsaber at him. Who throws a lightsaber?!

So I'm not allowed to train any more. Master Wile'ke says if I behave and keep up with my lessons I'll be able to start again next year. Great. Then I'll be two years behind everyone else. He said that I'm in Dragon Clan for a reason. That I'm ... something. I didn't really know what it meant. Hold on. He pointed out this board on the wall. If I spell it out then you might be able to figure out what it is. Here: Trill, Esk, Nern, Aurek, Cresh, Isk, Osk, Usk, Senth. I can't find your dictionary, Mr Datapad Man. What is your name, anyways? I can't call you Mr Datapad Man. I'm going to call you Bondi.

I have to help out at the library, too. To make up for what I did. As if being yelled at wasn't bad enough. Not sure how long I have to help out for, they never said. Well, they said 'for as long as it takes for the lesson to sink in', but I don't know what lesson they meant.

Lessons are good though. They taught us about Nomi Sunrider and ... I forget which war. Think it was the Great Sith War? Old Sith War? I don't know. We get into a lot of wars for peace keepers. And I can do something called 'battle meditation'. I said to the history teacher that I could do what Nomi did, and she had me prove it. She took me to see Master Yoda. Thought I was in trouble again, but I wasn't. He didn't say much, but I sensed he was happy. I'm pretty sure it's a good thing, but if you never hear from me again then it's because they sent me off to Kessel.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Entry #33.

Hey Bondi,

So I guess this isn't too bad. I was in the library last week and I was putting away data cards and read one of them, and it was about meditation, and all the different kinds. I wasn't really reading it, just looking, but when I was in class the other day Master Yoda was talking about meditation, and he asked us what kinds we knew, and I said about the walking meditation, the lying meditation, the hovering meditation, the upside down meditation, the fasting meditation, and Master Yoda was very impressed! He even let me play with the star maps. I wonder if I can do that again, learn this stuff before it comes up in class? I kinda got lucky with the meditation thing.

I've been thinking about other things, too. I don't know if I should be here. In Dragon Clan. I was reading about all the different clans, and how they fit me better. Well, I think I'm pretty smart. I could be in Heliost Clan. And I was reading up about ... erm ... I forgot. It's where you - intelligence! I figure I'm pretty good at this research thing. And I'm reading up on stealth. I think I've got a ways to go. But I don't want to stay here, in Dragon. What's the point of being a Jedi if you can't use a lightsaber? By the time they let me, I won't be any good. Not good enough to be picked as an apprentice. And I'm not happy. Dama's out of the hospital, now. But Darv keeps picking on the new kids. I can't leave them, can I?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Entry #37.

Hi Bondi,

Lessons are going okay. Lucky I'm doing so well in astrogographythingy, 'cause I suck at maths. Kinda weird, since astro uses it, but we're allowed to use droids for it, but in maths class we have to do it on our own. I know I need help, I get that, but I feel a bit stupid putting my hand up all the time.

I'm allowed to do basic combat, at least. We're going on a trip to some martial arts place soon, and it's something we all have to do, so they're not saying I'm not allowed, like with lightsaber training. I like it, but I'm not all that great at those riposte things. Doesn't matter, 'cause I'm pretty good at defence. Besides, a good Jedi isn't supposed to really attack, so it's kind of dumb teaching us to attack.

[Voice positively identified as Grand Master Yoda] 'So certain, are you?'

I - Master Yoda! I guess.

[Grand Master Yoda] 'Attack first, a Jedi must not. Defend always. But in battle, the Force directs us. Defend. Attack. Aggressive, we must not be. But to protect those who cannot, attack, we sometimes must. To kill, we never aim for, but to end the conflict decisively. To end the fighting and let peaceful diplomacy resume, we do this.'

I guess ... but I'm still not any good at it.

[Grand Master Yoda] 'Hmm. Those who can, do. Those who cannot, criticize only, it seems. Hmm?'

I don't just - criticize - I do try. I mean, I'm doing it. Just not doing it very well.

[Grand Master Yoda] Not all can. With this, nothing is wrong. But to let it stay 'not very good', wrong, that is. Do, and do, and do it again, then good, it will be.'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Entry #47.

Morning!

I'm super happy 'cause I got my ticket for the martial arts trip! Some of us got ours first because we had a competition to see who was the most gifted. Okay, I didn't win, but I was close! The Weapons Master said I did so well because I mastered the basics, and the other kids tried to do all the fancy tricks they were learning, which I didn't bother with. Sometimes it pays to be stuck behind! I had to stop myself from giggling too much when he said I didn't bother with the fancy tricks because I knew the basics were the 'basis of any good foundation'. He didn't know I only stuck to them because I hadn't been taught the fancy stuff yet! Was funny.

Hold on. [recording paused] Sorry, Bondi. What was I talking about? Oh, yeah. Well, this training place is taking some of the better fighters in our class first so we can be trained in their style first. That was what the competition is for - and then the others will come over in about a month. I don't really know much about this place though. Don't even know what planet it's on. I want to do some research on it so I can get a head start. I think I'm going to need it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Entry #53.

Hey Bondi,

Sorry I haven't been talking to you lately. I've been working my tushie off, trying to get my postures just right for hand-to-hand. I still don't know where we're going, but I did find out some stuff. I heard Master Wile'ke talking about some cult called Echani, and they're the ones who'll be teaching us. Everything's so secret. Even in the archives their homeworld isn't on record. It's just so weird. But I did find out a couple of things.

Anyways, we're going next week! Ooh, and my levitating's getting better. Now you can see daylight between me and the floor. You know, if you happen to be lying down. And so long as the sun's very bright. Lots of mirrors. I don't know. I'm not the best fighter around here, but I can do the brainy stuff. Like last week, they had us run an assault course, and do some lab stuff; working as a team, stuff like that. And the first one got cake! Well, I was the first. Hmm. You don't have any smilies on here, do you, Bondi? I can't find any. Weird. Looks like there are some older recordings on here, though. Maps and stuff. Some of these look like they're from the archives. And of the archives, too. Hm. I'll have a listen, later. And a proper looksie. We're supposed to know the Temple lay-out off by heart, but a lot of us have maps. Guess there's nothing wrong with having one, too. 'Specially of the archives - that can come in handy for work.

Anyway. They have us run these tests, but then they switch the rules so that we have to work in groups, and the first to have all in the group finish wins. The tests are kinda weird, though. They use holograms to make illusions, so that you think you're going one way, but you're actually stepping into a holding cell. Then they have fake walls, and ones that move, and ones that have wrong directions on them. Not really sure I get why they have us do this. I get why we have to work in teams, because Jedi have to be blah blah blah, but I don't think I'm ever going to get stuck in a maze, am I?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

[Entry encrypted]

hey bonid,

im not really allowed to talk right now, cos we're on lights out, on our way to the echani homeworld. really. the lights are out! this morning they woke us up before dawn and then took us to some transpot of some tipe and then loded us onto it and left before anyone coud see. then we took off. not really sure what happened then because the jedi masters sept a couple a knights to look after us locked themselves in the foreward bit, leaving sll twelce of us on our town. some of the kids were scared vecaause they turned the lights out and there arent any windos for us to look out of and get light threw. i dont know wat course were on becaise everything was kept so quiet and the thingy room was kept locked. but i know we went into huperspace - cos i remember the feeling from another trip i went on once with ..,. i dont no o jist re,e,ber the space jump. but i remembered to time it. we jumped for twelve ours and froteen minutes, then stopped for an our before jumping again, and this one was for too and a bit days so im pretty shure were at the edge [MESSAGE CORRUPTED] of the mid rim. they turned the lights on for that bit, and let us walk about, but there wasnt much to walk about on, cos its a small transport. we had a shadow puppet show. was funny. i would have rote to you then but we werent allowed to use any tech. sept our toothbrushes. now i think we are on our fnal run and its lights out again, but i wanted to rite to you. hold on. i think were making for planetside. talk soon xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 1 of 1