Riptide by Paul S. Kemp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riptide by Paul S. Kemp
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If we already have this thread, please forgive me. But I was surprised I did not see one, so I'll just go ahead and start it.

Anyway, just wanted to comment on the original Riptide cover. Found this full version and noticed you can clearly see his fingers are missing! Which I thought was a rather nice touch. Smile

And yes, you can see it on the cover version as well, but I just never noticed it with the titles and everything else in the way.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I like this cover a lot better. We get a much better look at Jaden and the other one just looks ugly. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That is good attention to detail with the fingers. It always bugged me that Caedus had both arms on the cover of Invincible.

Last edited by Teck on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Ha! I had momentarily forgotten that he'd lost a couple of fingers in the last book. I was bracing myself for a discussion going into detail about the quality of book covers and the discrepancies. Anyway, I agree, I prefer this one over the new.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 am Reply with quote  

Paul S. Kemp posted on his website that he'll be selling signed copies of Riptide for anyone whose interested. He's charging just $11 (international shipping is extra).

http://paulskemp.com/blog/riptide-e-signing-and-a-couple-other-things/

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I have already pre-order mine. It will arrive the next monday, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Apparently it's already out, over here, so I'll be ordering mine tonight. Unfortunately, I can't read it as - or rather, I won't - because I've not finished my Clone Wars series yet.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Where are you seeing that it's already out, Life? It's not supposed to go on shelves until the 25th.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Paul Kemp told me, so it must be true.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's out since yesterday in UK. That's why I'll have it in my hands next week. Like FotJ: Ascension, this one has been published sooner in UK.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

What are you guys looking forward to the most---Luke's part, Jaden Korr, clones or what?

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know much about Luke's part in it, but I am intrigued by the clones. I'm interested in how - or when - they came to be. I was a little unsure of having those specific people be cloned, since I'm not sure if they were all in Imperial service at the same time. But that, itself, could also mean that samples were taken individually and then the clones came into being at a later date, one more closer to the setting of the book.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:53 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I've read 1/4 of the book and I like it so far.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've just received my copy. I'm going to forego waiting until after Dark Rendezvous and read it after I've finished Jedi Trial, with about 130 pages to go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

And nothing is coming up when I search for "Riptide Star Wars" in the online catalog. Sad Any fellow library users experiencing the same problem?

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 7