S4 - Episode 1 and 2: "Water War/Gungan Attack"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S4 - Episode 1 and 2: "Water War/Gungan Attack"
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote  

Season 4 - Episode 1 & 2: Water War/Gungan Attack
Airs: September 16, 2011 at 8:00 PM ET/7:00 PM CT
Replays: TBA...
Summary: In the first two episodes of this three-part story arc, the inhabitants of the watery world of Mon Calamari find themselves on the brink of a civil war. The Jedi soon realize they will need the help of a powerful and amphibious ally to stop the war and drive out the Separatist invaders.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just watched "Water War" (I can't bring myself to watch the Jar-Jar episode tonight though- maybe tomorrow) and I liked it. The battle felt much more real than the previous ones. Anakin's diving suit made me think of Buzz Lightyear though. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quote  

Was Jar Jar in Gungan Attack? He might have been...if he was, it was a really small part. Ackbar and the Mon Cala prince were the primary characters in both episodes, with Anakin and Ahsoka shoring things up, and lots of the shark guy, Riff Tamson.

Overall I liked the episodes. Water War was action packed. Though I didn't much care for the Mon Cala prince. He seemed a little too inexperience for his age. You'd think if you were being groomed for royalty and leadership, you'd get some better training.

There were two things that irked me about the episodes, though I was able to ignore them. One, water pressure wasn't an issue for any of the characters and they were easily able to plummet from the surface all the way to the bottom of the ocean without getting the bends or being crushed. Two, their underwater lasers for some reason were able to go through water without blasting it into steam. But as Synlah pointed out, the galaxy far far away also has sound in space so it's not that big a deal. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I loathe the Mon Cal prince and the sharky Sep (Tamson?). Both of them put a big damper on the enjoyment I felt in these episodes. The writers of this show could have done better and should have. They're weak links that are acid rain on the parade of gorgeous animation and superior fight choreography that was these episodes.

Everythinq else on the screen worked well and I'm curious how it's going to end. Great to see Kit Fisto in ass-kicking action again... the new new scuba clone design looked better after seeing them fight in the armor than I first thought... the nods to the microseries of this plot to the microseries is a fanboy rush... the Gungans were nice addition to the conflict... and even Senator Wet Blanket was tolerable here. Smile

Looking forward to seeing how this arc wraps up. If the douchey prince and/or the cliche shark get killed by the end, it will certainly make the arc more awesome

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote  

I just found out that they actually renamed the whole planet to Mon Cala. Watching the episode I thought maybe they were just using that as an easy way to say Mon Calamarians, but I guess they're getting another name change.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Science hardly ever bothers me in stories. One thing that I noticed though, while watching the second episode, was that the Jedi were able to use the Force underwater. This makes me wonder why Anakin didn't just Force-pull his helmet back to him when it come off in the first episode. I liked Gungan Attack too by the way. It was very much a continuation of the first one and the Gungans had a small role. Smile

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Kit Fisto was so amazing in these episodes that I'm going to make my first top corner character addition in months in his honor (if I can find a good image).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Reepicheep wrote:
Science hardly ever bothers me in stories. One thing that I noticed though, while watching the second episode, was that the Jedi were able to use the Force underwater. This makes me wonder why Anakin didn't just Force-pull his helmet back to him when it come off in the first episode. I liked Gungan Attack too by the way. It was very much a continuation of the first one and the Gungans had a small role. Smile

He did attempt to, but that was after he swam for it. Maybe he needs line of sight in water.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't notice he tried to Force-pull it back. That's good. Smile

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1