A Boba Fett Film?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

But imagine seeing him put on the iconic armour for the first time. Like when Vader got into the suit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
But imagine seeing him put on the iconic armour for the first time. Like when Vader got into the suit.

As long as it happens real early on in the movie, that would be okay.
I would really hate to see him put on the armor on at the end of the movie and than have the credits start.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah within the first hour of the movie would be best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If it's the start of his career, that would be conducive toward explaining why he's wearing the armor despite being "incognito" as a member of the gang, so to speak. Fett is ten years old when Jango dies, so it's probably at least seven or eight years before the film would take place, and even if he is taking bounties at a younger age, I doubt he'd have acquired the reputation that he has twenty-six years later. The distance in time from Jango's death would probably disassociate the armor from Jango's reputation by that time.

A merc wearing Mandalorian armor probably wouldn't be so out of place to disallow Fett that if he's infiltrating a gang to collect bounties. In fact, it's probably more likely that the armor is more heavily associated with mercenaries in general than with bounty hunters specifically with the Death Watch in the Clone Wars, and possibly afterward, as well as the Mandalorian Protectors.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote  

If they did a Fett movie that's more or less a vigilante genre, ie. him taking down badguys (real badguys not just enemies of the Empire), that could be interesting. I do enjoy a good vigilante movie. That would be better than a heist flick. I can't see Boba Fett robbing a bank. One good question would be whether they stick with his iconic lack of lines or decide to give him dialog. Would be a pretty strange film if he only said a dozen words. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Jedi Master Skid wrote:

See, this puzzles me. Fett's a cool character, don't get me wrong, but as cool as Vader? I simply never felt the adoration a lot of fan apparently have for him. Hmm.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Crash Override wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
Yeah, but a bank robbery? For a live action film starring Fett? Seems like an awful waste, in my opinion.

What sort of story would you expect a film starring Boba Fett to have? One in which the entire galaxy is imperiled? The character is a bounty hunter.

That's what Jedi and Han are for! I was thinking something more along the lines of Fett hunting a person. A criminal or, I don't know, a scientist, then having Bossk turn up and have them follow the same guy, then perhaps have them team up and such. But, really, I was thinking something like Blood Ties.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Darth Skuldren wrote:
If they did a Fett movie that's more or less a vigilante genre, ie. him taking down badguys (real badguys not just enemies of the Empire), that could be interesting. I do enjoy a good vigilante movie. That would be better than a heist flick. I can't see Boba Fett robbing a bank. One good question would be whether they stick with his iconic lack of lines or decide to give him dialog. Would be a pretty strange film if he only said a dozen words. Laughing

When some people wanted to make a film based on the Halo games, they viewed that as a problem, and to fix it they were going to make it more ensemble. To not have the Master Chief, another character noted for not saying much, as the centre of attention.

However, I would point out a series of films that do just that. Take a character that doesn't say much, and have him the centre of the film: the Bourne films.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
Don't forget that Boba Fett is rumored to be the one main character to appear more than once in the live action series. If the live action ever happens.

Good point. If Boba does make it on the big screen, it will likely be connected to the show. Maybe like The Clone Wars movie.
Darth Skuldren wrote:
One good question would be whether they stick with his iconic lack of lines or decide to give him dialog. Would be a pretty strange film if he only said a dozen words.

I would prefer they continue making Boba silent. Personally, I think his lack of words makes his character that much more interesting. This could be a good artistic challenge, conveying his emotions in ways other words. Think about R2-D2, Mr. Bean or WALL-E.

However, seeing as this would be GL's version, I wouldn't expect him to stay silent. Sad They didn't go that route in The Clone Wars.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeeeaaahhh!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote  

I would be fully on board with a Boba film made like a Sergio Leone western Very Happy

Lots of close up shots and not just the right amount of dialog.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That poster is ace.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:01 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

hey guys i didnt no where to put this question so thought id ask it here. does anybody no if the film the mandalorian legacy was released it was due out in 2009 but i cant find it anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Never heard of it. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ive read somewhere thats its part of a trilogy and its even on IMDb but i cant find it on amazon or anywhere. ive heard its the 2nd film of a trilogy the 1st film is called the last of the mandalores.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 3 of 4