EUChatter! The Offical Chat Thread of EUCast!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dancelittleewok wrote:
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give Qui-Gon!!!!" LMAO Great James Hetfield impression, Mark!

Thanks for mentioning our Scott Allie interview in the last episode. Smile I'll share more of my thoughts later...

Embarassed I geek out often. Laughing

You should have seen me at last weekend's Scout Camp, we had our own fist bump called "The Death Star" Laughing We'd bump then blast our hands apart and yell "Rebels"

Plus my son was making everything Star Wars; his leather craft was a saber with "JEDI" on it, his coffee can lantern has both the Death Star 1 and 2 on it between the BSA emblem and the Arrow of Light Laughing With us sporting our extra T-shirts that were all his and I's favorite SW ones, we were quickly greeted with "Cool shirt" at the other sites. Our pack's campsite was known as the place to find the "Star Wars stories"

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Very enjoyable show, guys. The set up, the play between you two, was particularly good.

About one of the covers - the Qui Gon one - I liked it. It seemed to me, though, that the gauntlets and chest plate were either made of crystal or were holographic, seeing as they seemed to hover over his body, rather than sit on it. As for the sword, it could be holographic, too, but I think it (like the armour) was crystal - however, I got the impression that Qui Gon hadn't broken it. Instead, that it was already broken, but the father (if that's who he was) was keeping it together through his own Force powers, had imbued it with Force energy to withstand the clash of a lightsabre.

Which would make sense, too. Why else would he bring a large knife to a lightsabre fight?

EDIT: Besides, that silhouette of his arm clearly looks like Dobby.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give Qui-Gon!!!!" LMAO Great James Hetfield impression, Mark!

Thanks for mentioning our Scott Allie interview in the last episode. Smile I'll share more of my thoughts later...

Embarassed I geek out often. Laughing

You should have seen me at last weekend's Scout Camp, we had our own fist bump called "The Death Star" Laughing We'd bump then blast our hands apart and yell "Rebels"

Plus my son was making everything Star Wars; his leather craft was a saber with "JEDI" on it, his coffee can lantern has both the Death Star 1 and 2 on it between the BSA emblem and the Arrow of Light Laughing With us sporting our extra T-shirts that were all his and I's favorite SW ones, we were quickly greeted with "Cool shirt" at the other sites. Our pack's campsite was known as the place to find the "Star Wars stories"

Camp is indeed a fantastic time to be a Star Wars geek. I don't even remember how many kids wanted me to draw Darth Vader for them. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey guys, I'm really enjoying the show! I've still got about 25 mins left to hear (I paused it when I went inside after mowing the lawn), but I've liked what I've heard so far.

But I wanted to clarify some points about The Old Republic which I think you guys missed.

On Satele Shan, If I recall correctly, I think the woman in the trailers was always supposed to be Satele, but since she looked so different from the woman in Threat of Peace, many fans believed they were different people (Wookieepedia considered them separate characters). But then one of the writers (I think Alexander Freed) confirmed that they were the same person, and that the issue was that her appearance in Threat of Peace (dated July 2009, if memory serves) was based on concept art, and they chose to take her appearance in a different direction. Satele was always meant to be Grand Master, and will have that position in the game (per the biography section of www.swtor.com). As for her age, it isn't terribly clear, but I think she's late in her padawanhood in the Return trailer, a well-experienced Knight in Hope and Threat of Peace, and Grand Master by the time of the game.

The Great Galactic War started in 3,681 BBY (per Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire); the Return trailer takes place in this year too. We don't know precisely when Hope takes place. Threat of Peace, the Deceived trailer and the Deceived novel take place in 3,653 BBY (end of the war). Blood of the Empire takes place 25 years before the end of the war (3,678 BBY). Fatal Alliance takes place roughly 10 years after the end of the war, but still slightly before the game. The Lost Suns is at roughly the same time, but it isn't clear.

Chris made reference to "20 years after Tales of the Jedi: Redemption", but I think he was confusing TOR with Mandorla, the Nomi/Vima Sunrider novel.

It's a really messed up era, and nothing is set in stone. So it's easy to get spun around. I've been following all the updates really closely, and am a bit of a continuity nut (not to the extent of Nathan). So I hope I could be helpful!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Chris made reference to "20 years after Tales of the Jedi: Redemption", but I think he was confusing TOR with Mandorla, the Nomi/Vima Sunrider novel.

Agh, I was thinking KOTOR when I said that date! Which was actually 30 years, though. Thanks for the correction! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Hey guys, I'm really enjoying the show! I've still got about 25 mins left to hear (I paused it when I went inside after mowing the lawn), but I've liked what I've heard so far.

But I wanted to clarify some points about The Old Republic which I think you guys missed.

On Satele Shan, If I recall correctly, I think the woman in the trailers was always supposed to be Satele, but since she looked so different from the woman in Threat of Peace, many fans believed they were different people (Wookieepedia considered them separate characters). But then one of the writers (I think Alexander Freed) confirmed that they were the same person, and that the issue was that her appearance in Threat of Peace (dated July 2009, if memory serves) was based on concept art, and they chose to take her appearance in a different direction. Satele was always meant to be Grand Master, and will have that position in the game (per the biography section of www.swtor.com). As for her age, it isn't terribly clear, but I think she's late in her padawanhood in the Return trailer, a well-experienced Knight in Hope and Threat of Peace, and Grand Master by the time of the game.

On this one, I know that they made sure to say at one time that the Jedi in Hope "Was NOT Satele" But yes,, Freed did later confirm it was her- when TOS held the best new character for 2010 Shan was still "Unknown Jedi" and when people asked it was always returned as "Not Shan" until Freed's statement that you are mentioning. Granted they could have stayed tight lipped and we'd have been fine too. lol

I know Nathan Butler had it figured out once as to how old she COULD have been in Threat of Peace, but you know how TOR is settling, things will grow more clear over time. Wink

Glad you're enjoying the show DLOS!

Taral-DLOS wrote:

The Great Galactic War started in 3,681 BBY (per Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire); the Return trailer takes place in this year too. We don't know precisely when Hope takes place. Threat of Peace, the Deceived trailer and the Deceived novel take place in 3,653 BBY (end of the war). Blood of the Empire takes place 25 years before the end of the war (3,678 BBY). Fatal Alliance takes place roughly 10 years after the end of the war, but still slightly before the game. The Lost Suns is at roughly the same time, but it isn't clear.

Yeah and that "isn't clear" seems to be the norm for us fans with info- though you have to wonder why they can't have those details better set. Like Ahsoka- it always slightly troubles me when a character or plot is created with no exit strategy. Laughing lol

Taral-DLOS wrote:

It's a really messed up era, and nothing is set in stone. So it's easy to get spun around. I've been following all the updates really closely, and am a bit of a continuity nut (not to the extent of Nathan). So I hope I could be helpful!

Indeed DLOS you're more help then you know! I think its a marketing thing to get the dates so messed up no one knows what's going on. Perhaps they think it makes finding continuity errors and mistakes harder to find? lol

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Listening to the Live UStream episode now. For the record, you had me at EU hockey jersey.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Listening to the Live UStream episode now. For the record, you had me at EU hockey jersey.

I still can't believe I was so lame and missed Nanci's joke at first! She totally got me too! Classic! Turn it over indeed! lol Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:

I still can't believe I was so lame and missed Nanci's joke at first! She totally got me too! Classic! Turn it over indeed! lol Laughing

The sad thing is I would completely buy those if it was available, right after I brought Chris Her Universe necklai with my imaginary money. Wink

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Location: Greeley, Colorado, America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 13-A, Outer Rim, Milky Way Galaxy

I kinda like the fact that my name in the chat (same as my username) was thought to be a "Alias" for Sue Rostoni. Laughing Laughing

Where'd EUCast go?
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Just wondering what happened to you guys, its been quite a while since we saw a posted EUCast.

Re: Where'd EUCast go?
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Maximus29 wrote:
Just wondering what happened to you guys, its been quite a while since we saw a posted EUCast.

Agreed. I miss my EUCast fix.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Re: Where'd EUCast go?
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:33 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Darth_Maximus29 wrote:

Agreed. I miss my EUCast fix.

Awe thanks peeps! We miss you all too! We were just talking about times we could get together to record. Alas, a sudden change in schedules has made the 4 of us getting together to record very difficult. But we're still determined to keep the show going. But even we're noticing the length growing between our last episode and our next. And we still have 2 Older Episodes to get out for you soon too. *Not sure what's going on with those at current*

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Have you thought about having guest-hosts, if not all the hosts are available?

...like us, on the forum? :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Location: Greeley, Colorado, America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 13-A, Outer Rim, Milky Way Galaxy

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Have you thought about having guest-hosts, if not all the hosts are available?

...like us, on the forum? :D

I second this statement! Wink Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 21 of 24