Star Wars: Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:13 am Reply with quote  

As announced by Del Rey at NYCC 2011, Star Wars author Timothy Zahn's next book will be a Han Solo novel set during the classic era.

Quote:
Just announced at our Del Rey Star Wars books panel...Tim Zahn will write a new novel starring Han Solo set in the classic films era. More details to come on both as they develop. (ES)

https://www.facebook.com/starwarsbooks/posts/10150371905943713

Feel free to discuss and speculate.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just Han? That could be good but he always works the best with Leia (and vice versa).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I've a feeling this'll tie into Choices of One almost directly; since, from what I've gathered reading on here, Han's characterisation seemed to be the main talking point.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote  

Well Han in CoO was just one of several stories woven into the plot. I'm wondering whether this is really just a Han book or a book with Han prominently in it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This is awesome news! If it's set before Episode IV, I'm really psyched. Love the Han Solo Adventures by Brian Daley, would be nice to see Han go on some more adventures that don't involve the Empire.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It sounds like it will be like Daley's stories and set before Episode IV. I don't think it makes sense to place a Han novel after Episode IV without Luke or Leia. Even Shadows of the Empire contrived Dash Rendar. It's a delicate balance!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm guessing this was the smuggler book that all the Zahn fans were sobbing for a few months back?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Not necessarily. Zahn has said he has many ideas for future Star Wars novels - while this will feature a smuggler, I'm sure almost every other novel he would write would too. The smuggler novel was an idea hatched by a few fans, suggested to Zahn, and Zahn said he liked the idea and would talk to Shelly about it. So far there's no word that this is the same concept.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The smuggler novel was based on the idea of Mara and Lando gallivanting around the galaxy trying to find Jorj Car'das. We added in Han, Karrde, and Booster to make it a smuggler-a-thon. This is definitely not that novel. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Smuggler-A-Thon. I love it. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

If its set in the classic era then Chewie has to be in it. I have a feeling it will tie into The Choices Of One book.

Maybe Zahn will write a number of books focusing on different characters like maybe a Lando book or a Leia book in her early years.

Sounds good ether way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote  

Timothy Zahn has released some more details via Facebook

Quote:
Star Wars news update!

While most of the details (including the title) will have to wait until an official announcement is made (which I'm told will be sometime next month), I *have* been authorized to release a few tidbits concerning my now-officially-approved upcoming Star Wars novel.

First, it will be be set in the classic movie era.
Second, it will be an Ocean's Eleven-type heist caper.
And third, it will star everyone's favorite smuggler, Han Solo.

Further details to come.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm actually excited about this! Timothy Zahn, Han Solo, and Ocean's? I expect awesome. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ocean's 11, humm..... might we see Lando in there? Very Happy

Zahn and Solo....this should be good!!

Or as Chewie would say..."Grr..arr..woohr..grr!!"

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This novel sounds like its gonna b pretty good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 9