Empire Jazz

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Empire Jazz
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Record producer Meco demonstrated there was profit in marketing popular cover arrangements of John Williams' Star Wars compositions. But though his Space Disco theme was a huge hit in 1977, three years later, even though Williams served up another memorable melody in The Empire Strikes Back, the enthusiasm for such projects seems to have waned. Boris Mindey gave it a go, but who remembers him? Maybe it was just that no one could figure out what to do with the Imperial March.

More here, including mp3:
http://starwarsmusic.blogspot.com/2008/07/empire-jazz-1980-ron-carter-hubert-laws.html

If men were born free, they would, so long as they remained free, form no conception of good and evil. - Baruch Spinoza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmmm...much as I like the Star Wars disco theme, I'm not sure how long I could listen to this. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Jazz is a style for which appreciation takes some time to develop. If you're interested, you might start with more of the melodic, pop-oriented jazz and see where that leads you.

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:446

Let me know if you'd like specific suggestions.

If men were born free, they would, so long as they remained free, form no conception of good and evil. - Baruch Spinoza

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, thanks for the link. Will be checking it out.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1