Zombie Apocalypse: Survival Strategies/Other Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow...okay. So here I was reading along contentedly, considering joining this merry band, when all of a sudden I see their ambition has skyrocketed! An RPG thread and several posts all before I can even figure out what's going on! Gah. Must catch up.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

The zombies wait for no one, Mara. Wink

I must say that I am deeply amused that Reep is actually a mouse in the RP.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
The zombies wait for no one, Mara. Wink

I must say that I am deeply amused that Reep is actually a mouse in the RP.

I thought I'd slide into the cocky BA semi-loner-with-a-heart-of-gold role before Skuldren or OMB slides into it by default lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Razz

I considered being a human but I thought it would be that much more fun to be a mouse. Kind of like when me and my sisters were little and I would refuse to play with toy humans (except for toy knights).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm kinda going with the girl-who-keeps-these-boys-in-line angle at the moment and see how I want to play it from there. *shrug*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote  

I thought I'd go with the Indiana Jones/Mal Reynolds style hero who gets by on wits and luck as much as skill, has a certain sense of honor and most importantly is particularly protective of the rest of the crew.

And I also like Reep as a mouse. As I said in the other thread it adds a bit of lighthearted humor to an otherwise serious survival/horror situation.

Just to recap from the other thread do we want to use our screen names or pick out nicknames for ourselves/each other? (in the latter case we could go with the idea that if you haven't got an alternate name yet and someone comes up with an awesome nick name you like you can make the switch).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think if we're going to do nicknames, we should choose them/be given them now, to minimize confusion. I personally don't have one I like for myself right at this moment, but I can think on it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I fear lack of free time will hurt me as it always does in RPGs, so I took myself out quickly. I can always return though when I get a spare moment.

Also, I did not make that speech up. Stole it from two movies. Name them both for a prize.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quote  

Sooner rather than later would probably be advisable for a nickname. I'm not particularly good with creative names but for the time being I'm going to switch to Vorn for my character's name (just sounds more fitting than "Salaris" for a zombie themed RPG).

I'm going to start a seperate thread in the RPG section where we can keep track of players, their skills, aliases and other details. With that guide in place there will be less pressure to come up with a nickname.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Yeah, well, I based me off me. Shouldn't be too difficult to get my characterisation right Laughing . I'm okay with whatever name or nickname. Maybe Bourne? I'm jonesing on Matt Damon right now.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I hear there was a documentary on how to survive a zombie apocalypse. Is that what sparked this interest, here?

EDIT: And I'd just like to point out the fact that, a while ago, we were talking about a broad-sword affording a longer reach, and thus be able to stay out of reach of zombies. Yet we have a mouse with a broad-sword, and nothing has been said about the zombie having a longer reach than the broad-sword. Shocked Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll be nimble. Wink

Question: If you damage a zombie's brain, would it kill it?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think it would, if the damage is enough. As long as if it's enough to stop a regular human. It would be odd if chopping the head off did work, a bullet to the brain would work, yet damaging the zombie's brain, like with a blade edge, wouldn't work. At the very least I'd expect it to be incapacitated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Severe enough damage will kill it. Usually I'd think anyways, since a baseball bat or rock to the head once or twice is sufficient.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Whoa, whoa, whoa, we get to use baseball bats??? This changes everything! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 6 of 8