Zombie Apocalypse: Character Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote  

My personal preference is for third person but I see no reason why you can't post in first person if that seems more natural to you.

So far as nicknames unless you really dislike your original name we could just build the nickname into the story (have character X make some comment that "your nickname should be Y" or something to that effect). At any rate I wouldn't worry too much about nicknames at the cost of having fun playing the RPG.

@Padme do you want me to edit your current name to remove "Queen" and/or so it is just "Padme'"?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I prefer the third person, as well.

Padmè or just Mei would be fine. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote  

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:

Padmè or just Mei would be fine. Smile

Done. I've put you down as just "Padme'" so you can have more time to think on your possible nicknames.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

@Caedus: Probably more ranged, as far as weapons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Caedus: Probably more ranged, as far as weapons.

So you're more someone who'd want a rifle or a crossbow, with a pistol backup?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mmm, probably the other way around, now that I think about it. Pistol as primary, rifle as backup.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mmm, probably the other way around, now that I think about it. Pistol as primary, rifle as backup.

That sounds kinda cool actually. Close pistol combat with a long range backup. I have a suggestion though, and absolutely no one thinks of this in zombie films or comics that I've seen so it'd be new: could you not be the single person who is lucky enough to have silenced weapons? If you did that would also eliminate the need for a melee weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha, I wasn't going to do that as it would be too convenient. I'm obviously not the knife expert, but that's why I mentioned tucking one away earlier in the game, in case I need to dispatch something more quietly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha, I wasn't going to do that as it would be too convenient. I'm obviously not the knife expert, but that's why I mentioned tucking one away earlier in the game, in case I need to dispatch something more quietly.

Nice, I forgot about that. I admit the silencer thing is easy, but I may eventually incorporate it into my character if we find a weapon cache. I like you as rifle girl though, that's kinda cool.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Well, my character's a bit of a deep thinker. Shut up; I can have deep thoughts, you know Razz . Mine is based on me, so I'll transpose some of my own history into him. I have some military experience (in real life) so I'll expand that to be 'finished basic training for army, but not deployed in TEs before discharged'. I suppose he'd be training to be a teacher, now. Not sure what type yet. Early 20s. Likes outdoor excursions so have some knowledge of wilderness survival.

As for 1st and 3rd person perspectives, I'm okay with both, though I'm preferring, as you may have guessed, the 1st person. I've also changed it to present tense. I wasn't sure which would be better, so I chose present so as to not accidentally set any future course in stone with a throwaway line like: 'That was the most traumatic month in my life, up to that point. And those were the good days'. It can be changed back, later, though.

What else was there? I think that was it. Oh, and just call mine Life. Is easier. Actually, that could work. People having nicknames instead of real names, in this, as a way of distancing ourselves, should the worst happen.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote  

Just a quick question regarding zombies what kind of noises (if any) do zombies typically make? I'm assuming they aren't silent but beyond maybe moaning and/or making feral, animal like sounds do they do anything (roar, shriek etc)?

EDIT: just a question on zombie movement speed. Runners obviously run (I assume at a sprint) but how fast do walkers/regular zombies move? Do they go at your average human walking speed? Also is it safe to assume that their reaction time/reflexes are not impaired by their zombie status?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Just a quick question regarding zombies what kind of noises (if any) do zombies typically make? I'm assuming they aren't silent but beyond maybe moaning and/or making feral, animal like sounds do they do anything (roar, shriek etc)?

EDIT: just a question on zombie movement speed. Runners obviously run (I assume at a sprint) but how fast do walkers/regular zombies move? Do they go at your average human walking speed? Also is it safe to assume that their reaction time/reflexes are not impaired by their zombie status?

On the noises I think its mostly just snarling and such, never heard one roar. On the movement speed I think being dead means reflexes are slowed as most of the brain isn't firing. Runners are usually different types of zombies so we should probably iron out now if we have quickly moving zombies. And if we decide against it remember, the virus can always mutate and give them to us later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote  

thanks caedus for the answers.

Regarding runners I think it would be fun to have them just for variety and make things more dangerous. So far as introducing them goes we could do it video game style (ie at the start are slower, easier to defeat baddies but as you get more experience more dangerous baddies become more frequent). At least to me it seems logical that at the early stages of infection normal, slow zombies would predominate but as the infected population grows there would also be a greater frequency of runners.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote  

Is Reep a small mouse or a human sized mouse?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm pretty sure he's a regular sized mouse. It's been noted that the only sign of his passing is a rustling of the long grass.

(Sorry I've been quiet on the RPG front. Busy week).
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 2 of 8