Zombie Apocalypse: Cantina Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Padme moved past Vorn, deciding not to investigate what had caused the look of disgust to register on his face. Her eyes were fixed on the station and she moved cautiously towards it. A movement off to her right made her turn on the spot, drawing her pistol. She only just managed to refrain from instinctively firing before noting that it was merely a stream of blood dripping from a severed leg that had caught her attention. Just the leg, hanging from a store awning. The rest of the body was nowhere in sight. Padme heard Reepicheep's small sniff near her feet as he caught sight of it as well. She turned back in the direction of the station. "All right, then, let's be quick about this," she muttered.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote  

Reacting to Padme’ and Reep Vorn looked for what had startled them. Spotting the leg he relaxed for a minute before an alarming thought occurred. That dripping blood means the leg is fresh.

Was that leg there a minute ago? Vorn whispered to Padme’ and Reep.

He nocked an arrow and began scanning the alleys and building windows for movement. The eerie silence was now beginning to greatly trouble him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

"Probably not" Padme responded to Vorn's question, continuing to move slowly toward the station. C'mon, if they want to have it out, let's do it here and now. Her wish was granted a moment later when several of the Undead hurled themselves from the roofs of the buildings, shrieking.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote  

Vorn whipped his bow up, drew and fired but his haste caused the arrow to go wide. Then he was knocked to the ground as a zombie landed on top of him madly snapping at him with its teeth. By pure luck Vorn’s instincts had caused him to raise his bow staff in a block just in time to catch the zombie in the neck and keep it from biting his face. Quickly thinking Vorn adjusted his grip so he could hold the bow with two hands, adjusted the bow to be in the zombie’s armpit and used the bow as a lever to toss the zombie off.

Vorn rolled in the opposite direction and pushed himself up into a crouch. Pulling out his wakizashi in a reverse grip with his right hand Vorn readied himself for the next attack. The zombie, now frothing thick puss colored liquid, had recovered and was shambling towards him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Vorn was down, possibly injured. Noticing, the zombie clambering towards Vorn, Reepicheep scurried up a car on all fours. As he climbed up the wind-shield, he remembered Vorn looking into the window and quickly looking away. He saw why. Reepicheep used the sight of the mangled body to give him a surge of determination. No way was a zombie going to do that to his friend. He reached the car's roof, drew his rapier, sheathed opposite his broadsword, and leapt of the roof onto the zombie. His rapier dug into the zombie's flesh beneath its spine and left scapula. Blood seeped but this wasn't a fatal strike for a zombie.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Padme was vaguely aware of Vorn's struggle and Reepicheep's attempt to help, but was unable to offer any assistance or try to locate Caedus, whose position she'd lost track of. She had thrown herself aside just as one of the creatures had lunged from the roof at her, causing it to miss her by mere inches. Seizing the opportunity, she blasted a gaping hole in its spine with her pistol...even as another zombie yanked her backwards by the hair and attempted to sink its teeth into her face. Flipping her pistol around, she swung the handle hard into its skull, buying herself a few precious seconds....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 pm Reply with quote  

Reep’s distraction bought Vorn the extra time he needed to fully recover. Quickly slinging his bow across his back he transfered his wakizachi to his left hand and drew his katana with his right. Attemting to stand he staggered but managed to keep his balance sufficiently to keep from falling down. Frak, my ankle feels funny. Somewhere close a zombie moaned. No time to worry now Vorn grunted as he placed his weight on his right ankle, it hurt but it didn’t appear broken.

Coming from his side was a new zombie, this one seeming to move particularly fast. Wonderful, the infection might create runners Vorn slashed with his katana to neatly slice off the zombie’s arm as it tried to cut Vorn’s arm open with its diseased claw like fingers. Wasting no time Vorn brought his wakizashi up in an upper cut motion, the tip of the blade going through the base of the zombie’s jaw clean into the brain to end poking through the top of the skull.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote  

"Dang. Can't see anything from here." Skuldren's view was obstructed by the library. It completely blocked his view of where the scout team was. "I'm going to try climbing up the radio tower antennae, see if I can spot anything."

The tower didn't look real safe. It was a small metal tower, only about 15 feet tall, and there was no way to tell how securely it was mounted to the roof.

"Only one way to find out." He muttered to himself.

Carefully he climbed up and the metal tower creaked at the anchor bolts. Thankfully it didn't crash over. About 5 feet from the top, he stopped and looked over his shoulder. The library still obstructed most of his view, but from here, he could see some of the street were the scout team was.

Now let's see if I can shoot while clinging onto a tower. Skuldren said a prayer and tried not to look down.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Sweeping my rifle around, making sure there are no Undead nearby, I sling my weapon and hurry over to the tower base. I take in the state of it, noting where it's rusted, and even broken, and grab a-hold of it, hoping my weight will anchor it in place. My only worry is that, should any zombies decide to check out the noise, I'll have to leave him to the possibility of the tower collapsing with Skuldren on it.

'Try it now!' I call hoarsely skyward, not wanting to yell, despite the fact there'll be lots of noise emanating from our position in a few seconds, anyway. 'I'll keep it stable for as long as I can.'

As he takes aim, I gaze around, keeping a vigilant eye on our surroundings, my hand ready to reach for my revolver the second I spot something suspect. I chuckle to myself. What isn't suspect, these days?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote  

Coming around the corner of a building, Skuldren saw a large, indistinct shape flash into a view. It was a startling image. At first it hit him like a puzzle. A confusing mass of angles and curves foreign to anything his eye or brain had ever conceived of. It wasn't normal. It wasn't expected. It wasn't even known.

Until today, it didn't even exist.

There was no name of the towering monstrosity that crept into sight. Fair enough to simply say it was big and dangerous looking.

"Life, you ever seen a...well, a giant zombie...thing?" He was truly stretching for words, stumbling through his vocabulary for the right description.

As the thing was starting register in his brain and the shock of unfamiliarity dissolved, he realized the giant zombie thing had to have been around 10 feet tall and no less than 4 feet wide at the shoulders. It had huge, muscled arms, small tree trunks for legs, and chest the size of a massive keg. Only its head appeared small.

"Thing looks like a walking tank." His eye still in the scope, Skuldren took a shot.

He didn't get to see what happened. It was hard enough steadying himself for the shot, holding onto the rifle, holding onto the antennae. The recoil was too much.

Without any time to react, the tower shifted to an abrupt 45 degree angle and he promptly fell to the roof like a 180lb sack of potatoes. Like a sack of potatoes, he hit with an undignified thud.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Continuity Edit: Disregard this post

Caedus watched as the huge monstrosity lumbered towards Skuldren. Trying not to panic, he began running towards it, not giving a thought to what else might be in the area. Knives in hand, he panicked internally due to his lack of any plan that wasn't "stab it and see".

He saw Skuldren fire and watched it keep moving. Not stopping to see how Skuldren was, leaving it for Salaris, he leapt at it, a shout escaping his throat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

'What in blue hel is that?' I ask dumbly, surprise forcing the words out of me. I shake myself, and jump to Skuldren's aid, revolver up and sweeping around, tracking for movement. The big ... thing that Skuls had shot at is at the edge of the field away, and thankfully lumbering slowly, though inexorably towards us. I marvel at its size, and wondering what it could be, for it looks nothing like any animal I'd ever encountered. I take quick aim at the ... zombie ... bigfoot - thing and snap off two shots. The second misses, but the first scrapes along its side, and it arches its back in rage and pain. The beast looks around, confused, as if unsure what had hurt it. Perhaps it's just surprised it'd been hurt at all. Whatever the reason was I'm grateful, and I turn my attention to a very dazed looking Skuldren.

'You all right?' I ask him. A magnificent bruise is erupting on his forehead.

'Yeah,' is his unhurried reply. He blinks away the pain, and tries to gather himself to his feet. He does so unsteadily, but once up, he stays up. I don't like the way he's looking, but say nothing. If he can fight, he will. If not, I'll be there to hold the line, and treat his wounds as best I can after. I reach down to pick up his rifle - scuffed, but with no apparent damage -and offer it to him; he takes it. I unsling my AUG and jog over to a slight rise in the terrain, lower myself to a prone firing position, take aim, and fire at the behemoth.

(OOC: I've no idea what the animal is, I just called it zombie bigfoot because I needed something to call it, until its original species can be determined. Not saying it necessarily is a bigfoot for 'real', just to clarify.)

(OOC II: Yep, blame Caedus! *Points magic finger of blame* I had attempted, in this post, to reconcile the two zones of activity, but it's been fixed now to be self contained, so it's just Skuls and I fighting the big monster thing.)
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote  

OOC: I'm getting fairly confused here. Skuldren and Life were last at the Cantina and Vorn (me), Padme, Reep and Caedus were heading out as a scouting party to a gas station to get supplies.

Now it was my impression that this station was located more centrally in the town and the Cantina was on the outskirts (hence why we had to cross a field). In essence I understood that when we were engaged by the zombies introduced by Padme' the scouting party was several blocks to a half mile away from where the Cantina is (and were Life and Skuldren are).

So here is where I'm confused: Skuls engaged a zombie blob by the Cantina but now this fight is taking place a few meters from where the scouting party is engaged. Perhaps I'm not following thanks to my head cold but it seems we've compressed the distance an incredible amount to allow the scouting party to engage both the zombies introduced by Padme' and also engage the zombie blob introduced by Skuldren.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

OOC: I'm a little confused about the location thing, as well. Shouldn't there be two separate scuffles at this point?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

OOC: Oops, pretty sure that one was my bad. I didn't read far enough back and I missed a lot. My bad guys, ignore the post I made.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 5 of 10