worst films ever made
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
worst films ever made
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:11 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

im not sure if anybody has brought this up before but there hav been lots of awful films been made. I wanna no everybodys worst films they hav seen. 2 films that come straight to my mind r ghost rider wiv nic cage who is one of my favourite actors but that film was really bad. 2nd is a horror film called teeth which i thought was more comedy than horror. there has been lots more but cant think of any at the min

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Transformers 2. Worst movie I've ever seen.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A short list an my reasons for them. I'll keep it brief, as we all know on movies I can get long winded...

Transformers 2: I am with you on this one all the way Reep. It made no sense, it was overlong, and it intercut action scenes with shots of dogs humping one another. The addition of exceedingly offensive African-American stereotype robots didn't help and then the worst: robo-balls...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: I'll admit, for a bad movie this still had great classic moments. The problems with it are the same that many have with the re-done Star Wars films. The CGI feels out of place and the plot of the new addition was extremely lacking. Shia was unnecessary in every way, he added nothing to the story and if anything took away from it by being completely unbelievable in his role. Bringing back an old love interest was ok but it felt like almost everything resembling that move was done just to scream "Look, its an Indiana Jones movie! See its like before!" And the nuked fridge scene was so bad. I'll admit that yes, they did testing out there and yes, there were witnesses but to have a man jump in a lead fridge and be launched around 2 miles (not to mention way up in the air) and then crawl out with nothing more than some bruising is ridiculous. The fallout alone would have killed him in weeks, not to mention the impact that hard would have shattered him internally. I admit we have to leave logic behind with Indy films but good god....

Catwoman: If I have to elaborate on this one, we have more differing views on films than I thought.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones: I'm going to get crucified for this one, but its true. If this were any film other than a Star Wars film it would have been deemed bad enough to get bumped to straight-to-dvd or would have been so completely panned that it would have killed a budding franchise. Hayden Christiansen's acting has to be some of the worst I have ever seen on film, and while Portman is usually brilliant here she seems wooden. The dialogue seems forced with almost every scene and the story was very much written by a man who had forgotten a lot of his original trilogy as the timelines don't match well.

Devil: M. Night Shyamalan was a freak accident in the beginning. The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs were all clever films worthy of the beginning of a legacy. The Village was a step down and Lady in the Water was a poor story, but Devil is where he really fell from his pedestal. The man wrote a scene where an extremely stereotypical hispanic man dropping a piece of toast on the ground and proclaiming "When the Devil's around toast falls jelly-side down and baby's hit their heads on coffee tables." Goodbye Mr. Shyamalan, it was a good ride in the beginning...

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: This was a step down from an already crumbling franchise. When you can tell the main actor hates his character its probably time for the franchise to die. Sadly, this film had potential. Ian McShane was a decent choice for the pirate Blackbeard and Penelope Cruz plays an attractive, feisty Latina with the same vigor that she has ALWAYS played that role. Sadly this is the extent of the good qualities (outside Geoffry Rush, that man is a gold mine for that dying franchise). The plot holes run thick. For instance, Why would an ancient fountain older than mankind open with a Spanish password (a newer language) and silver chalices clinked together that were made at most 50-100 years before the events of the film? And what purpose did the zombies serve other than to be, well, zombies? Their role was achieved in the earlier films with large old sea men. Making them zombies did absolutely nothing. Ugh...

Star Trek: The Final Frontier: Spock's half-brother finds religion and hijacks the Enterprise and brainwashes a lot of the crew to fly him to the center of the universe to see God, who winds up being a selfish being trapped and trying to escape. Nuff said.

Brokeback Mountain: While it is hailed for a film depicting homosexuality in a positive light it does not actually do so. It shows 2 men who had a strange night and could never get over it, and let their confusion destroy not only their lives but also devastate the lives of their entire families, leaving them both divorced or with dead spouses and children who hate them because rather than be fathers they selfishly focused on themselves. It promotes the worst kind of parenting imaginable: the kind where you forget you have children and that they now always come first, no matter what.

There are a lot more films on my worst list so maybe I'll make another post later. Coming up in the next one will be things like Sucker Punch, or possibly Alexander or even Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Last edited by Caedus_16 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Excuse me, sir, but the film you call "Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country" was in fact "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier."

The Undiscovered Country was one of the better ones, about peace between the Klingons and the Federation (as an allegory for the end of the Cold War).

One of the worst movies I've ever seen was Hudson Hawk, with Bruce Willis. I love Bruce Willis movies, but it was just weird and out there. My mother and I use that movie as the meter against which we judge bad movies. "That sucked!" "Oh, well was it worse than Hudson Hawk?" "...no."
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm seen some independent films that are just awful. Not sure if those count though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Excuse me, sir, but the film you call "Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country" was in fact "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier."

The Undiscovered Country was one of the better ones, about peace between the Klingons and the Federation (as an allegory for the end of the Cold War).

My bad! I fixed it. I was in a hurry when I wrote it and should have checked the title, but all is edited and balance restored!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Completely agree about Ep II. Obviously the worst of the Saga. Not even the Jedi landing in the Geonosian arena could redeem the cringy scenes with Ani and Padme prancing through the fields of Naboo and the Anakin talking about how much he hates sand.

Even the Jedi landing annoyed me, I felt like it was a shortcut to how Obi Wan, Anakin and Padme could save themselves.

Rubbish film.

I've never seen any of the Twilight or Transformers movies and have no intention of ever doing so. Transformers looks truly dreadful.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote  

This is tough. First, let me begin by saying that I actually liked Devil and thought it was one of Shyamalan's better movies. And I also liked Transformers 2.

Any of the Barbarian Brothers films would be good choices for worst films ever made. In recent years, I thought The Man Who Shot Jesse James was awful, and the new Conan was terrible. The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires is probably one of the worst movies I own.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I hated Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End, too confusing watched up to the bit were the Singaporean harbour or whatever was being wiped out and stopped. It meant I didn't watch the latest one because I feared I would not get it. I liked the first two, the second one (the one with Davy Jones, I think it was CotBP).

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I can't think of a worst movie I've ever seen, presumably because I've suppressed all memory of whatever it is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

At World's End was much worse than On Stranger Tides in my opinion. On Stranger Tides didn't redeem the franchise enough to get me excited for a Pirates 5 and 6 but it left a slightly better taste in my mouth.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i havent seen the new pirates of the carribean film yet so cant say anythin on that. i agree wiv caedus 16 wiv Devil, that film was really bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote  

Oh, I forgot all about Speed Racer. That one was terrible.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i watched about 10 minutes of speed racer and turned it off i couldnt watch anymore than that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Where The Wild Things Are was probably the worst movie i have EVER seen and EVER will see. The Eragon movie was a close second.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 9