New book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Library View previous topic :: View next topic  
New book
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hi there, I was just wondering whether a proper story has been written for the Dowager Queen. It's given a little backstory in Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, but no details or anything. I've never written a fan-fic and this could be a nice place to start, as the timeframe has already been given along with one of the main characters and who survives. Now, I'm trusting that none of you will steal this so here we go;

I was thinking that the crew would be doing one of the main runs, starting at Bestine IV (That has already been established by another source) and joining onto something like the Correlian run (I'll have to look at the Galactic map to work out how they can get from Bestine IV to another main planet, where Tatooine is slightly off course). On the way they pick up our main protagonist. He notices a guy with two scars on his cheeks but thinks it best not to ask. Everything's going fine and dandy but then a crew member dies. They get all mad but then they need to find out who did it. It turns out someone has steered them into the Outer Rim and sabotaged the main controls or engine or whatever. Then they find out the oxygen regulator has been damaged. Eventually they find out that the guy with scars on his face is an anti-Republic Anzat, and he killed the crew and was the saboteur, so they decide to detain him. They find that one of thier crew members, Eisley has sacrificed herself (or himself, but I think Eisley sounds like a girl's name) to repair the outside of the ship to some extent, or give them enough oxygen or something, and she is seen floating through space. But she gives them enough control to almost-safely crash land in the middle of the desert. I think the penultimate chapter should end with them crash landing on Tatooine.

The last chapter should be our protagonist awakening to some Jawas scavenging the wreckage. He establishes up a holo-link with Coruscant (or another planet) and tells them where he is. They say something like "Are there any settlements" and somehow he gets round to telling them a new town should be built should be named Eisley after the crew member, either because she was the only one who sacrificed herself or because he loved her or something.

I also want to decide whether the crew are goodies; going on a diplomatic mission or something for the Republic or they're smugglers or gangsters doing some stuff. I just realised with that last idea, Mr Desilijic Tiure could be involved and maybe they could just be flying to Tatooine, but had the wrong planetary coordinates because of the sabotage. And the Anzat could be taking revenge on Jabba for something he did. OR the Anzat was Dannik Jerriko and that's how he got on Tattooine and why he agreed to spy on Jabba for Lady Valarian. Also we know how much Dannik loves the soup of criminals. OR he was hired (he's a bounty hunter) to take out the crew. I've just noticed that Dannik's Wookiee page says "he did not encounter a Jedi after 100 BBY until Obi-Wan Kenobi" and 100 BBY is when the Dowager Queen Crash landed, so maybe a Jedi could be onboard.

I still need to think of what they were doing in their travels, and how the main character got a city built around the ship. I think he may get some fellow smugglers/Republic people to help him sort out the ship, stabilise the reactor and recover data. This takes a couple of months and when they're done they decide to stay and some other smugglers join them, some drinking holes are set up and Mos Eisley is born.

The epilogue would be Jerriko wandering, wounded across the desert, mentioning how he telepathically overpowered his prison guard and escaped. He would then see a large mountain-side palace in the distance and the story would end.

One of my fears is it would just be a Sci Fi Scared in Space story shoehorned into Star Wars, kind of like Death Troopers or how I am judging "Shadow Games" to be (Michael Reaves is a great writer don't get me wrong, I really liked Darth Maul Shadow Hunter, but Shadow Games just seems like a detective story, which could have done fine without being in the Star Wars Galaxy, if you know what a mean, but that's another thread for another time).

This may not come into fruition for a while as I have A-Levels and my parents would ban me from Star Wars if I gave more attention to this. These are all just thoughts and the Dannik Jerriko bit came to me while I was writing this so I apologise if it all seems a bit rushed or uncoordinated. I will sort my thoughts out when I get round to doing this properly.

Any suggestions and advice happily accepted.

Sorry if this was a little long-winded Wink

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:40 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Sorry, let me whittle it down a bit to what I think would work.

Ship going on a smuggling mission. Picks up our protagonist. Someone's found dead. Someone sabotaged the controls. Mystery, scary blah blah blah. Find out one guy is an Anzati bounty hunter, hired to take out the crew quietly. Eisley repairs the outside of the ship and doesn't survive. Find Anzat and put him in the ship's hold. they see Tattoine and crash land there. Protagonist wakes up, phones up some fellow smugglers to help him sort out the ship. They set up camp as it takes a few months. Someone sets up a bar for the workers on the ship repair/salvage. They finish but decide to stay on. All of this will probably just be mentioned, it won't actually happen. He decides to name the town Eisley after the crew member.

EPILOGUE: A figure stumbles, wounded across the dune sea. "I am Anzat, of the Anzati" etc. Mentions how he used his Anzati telepathy to overpower the guard and get into an escape pod just before the crash. He sees a mountain-side palace in the distance.

END

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Library

Page 1 of 1