worst films ever made
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

FateotJediFreak wrote:
Where The Wild Things Are was probably the worst movie i have EVER seen and EVER will see. The Eragon movie was a close second.

A ton of people hated Where The Wild Things Are. I personally liked it but it was divisive. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:
At World's End was much worse than On Stranger Tides in my opinion. On Stranger Tides didn't redeem the franchise enough to get me excited for a Pirates 5 and 6 but it left a slightly better taste in my mouth.

I agree with this. I find At World's End painful. I also still prefer AotC over TPM.

The worst movie that comes to my mind at this moment is Dear John. I hated that movie. Hated it. I felt like two hours of my life had been eaten away.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

another of worst movies ever made was batman and robin. for years i never wanted to watch it then it was on tv about a year ago so i put it on and can definately say that that was 2 hours of my life wasted.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth-Weeto wrote:
another of worst movies ever made was batman and robin. for years i never wanted to watch it then it was on tv about a year ago so i put it on and can definately say that that was 2 hours of my life wasted.

Totally forgot about that, good call. I hated that one AND Batman Forever. Both were just awful films. Bloody Joel Schumacher...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I liked Where the Wild Things Are enough to buy it. I think the problem was that the average movie-goer didn't want to see it because they thought it was a kiddie movie and families left the theatre confused at what it was they just saw. I was the perfect audience for it. I'm not a kid anymore but I still have keen memories of childhood and take childhood seriously.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
I liked Where the Wild Things Are enough to buy it. I think the problem was that the average movie-goer didn't want to see it because they thought it was a kiddie movie and families left the theatre confused at what it was they just saw. I was the perfect audience for it. I'm not a kid anymore but I still have keen memories of childhood and take childhood seriously.

Its not that I didnt understand what was taking place. I just thought that the acting was terrible, the kid was a complete and total brat, and it was just stupid!

Not that I'm bitter or anything about it.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

FateotJediFreak wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

Its not that I didnt understand what was taking place. I just thought that the acting was terrible, the kid was a complete and total brat, and it was just stupid!

I think you missed the point. The kid was supposed to be a brat and it was about his transformation and dealing with his family situation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
FateotJediFreak wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

I think you missed the point. The kid was supposed to be a brat and it was about his transformation and dealing with his family situation.

But i dont feel like he changed at all!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

FateotJediFreak wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
FateotJediFreak wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

But i dont feel like he changed at all!

When he was watching the Thing's deteriorate under his rule he began to understand what his mother was going through. In the end he got firm with them, and then made a mature decision. He grew in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am by no means an expert on the book or the movie (I've only read the book once and seen the movie a handful of times) but I remember reading that the fact that Max doesn't learn a clear-cut lesson is part of why the book is a classic. It's nearly unheard of in its genre.

This makes me want to see it again though.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Darth-Weeto wrote:

Totally forgot about that, good call. I hated that one AND Batman Forever. Both were just awful films. Bloody Joel Schumacher...

I heard once (and maybe it isn't true, but it sounds funny and plausible) that if you ever ran into George Clooney on the street, and told him (truthfully) that you paid to see Batman and Robin in theatres, he'll give you your ten dollars back.

I'm the kind of guy who likes owning movies, and owning complete series. I own all 11 Star Trek films when I do not like 2 of them (III: The Search for Spock and V: The Final Frontier". But I was given the opportunity to buy the four Batman titles (regular, Returns, Forever, and & Robin), and opted instead to just buy the special edition of Tim Burton's "Batman". This was at a time when the Special Edition Blu-Ray cost as much as the four-back, AND the four-pack was the only way to get numbers 2-4 and I really also wanted Batman Returns. That's how bad Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were.

Thankfully you can buy them all individually now, so I'll be getting Batman Returns on Blu-Ray soon.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Darth-Weeto wrote:

I heard once (and maybe it isn't true, but it sounds funny and plausible) that if you ever ran into George Clooney on the street, and told him (truthfully) that you paid to see Batman and Robin in theatres, he'll give you your ten dollars back.

I'm the kind of guy who likes owning movies, and owning complete series. I own all 11 Star Trek films when I do not like 2 of them (III: The Search for Spock and V: The Final Frontier". But I was given the opportunity to buy the four Batman titles (regular, Returns, Forever, and & Robin), and opted instead to just buy the special edition of Tim Burton's "Batman". This was at a time when the Special Edition Blu-Ray cost as much as the four-back, AND the four-pack was the only way to get numbers 2-4 and I really also wanted Batman Returns. That's how bad Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were.

Thankfully you can buy them all individually now, so I'll be getting Batman Returns on Blu-Ray soon.

I found a used 4-pack that was only 3 dollars and buying 'Batman' was 7 so I bought the 4-pack. And ya, George Clooney has given lots of money back for that. He still does from what I hear. I plan on getting money back for that eventually. I figure if I hit him, Schwarzenegger, and Thurman, and O'Donnell then I think THEN it will have been worth the watch because I'd have made money off of it. Other than that it was a worthless movie and one of the worst ever made.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

im the same i like to own movies and collect dvd's and boxsets etc but refuse to hav the batman boxset just because of them 2 films which is a shame as batman and batman returns are excellent films as are the 2 new chris nolan batman films

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Random, but I recall hating Disney's Treasure Planet with a fiery passion. I kind of want to watch it again to see if it's really that bad.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ I think part of the hate came from the fact that we loved it so much. It's one of those love-it-or-hate-it movies.
“Actually, I don’t quite recall. But I was made, so the existence of my maker is beyond question. And since I consider my existence to be a good thing, he was without a doubt benevolent and forward thinking.”
~Allana Solo and C-3PO

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 9