Do you watch it regularly?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you watch The Clone Wars regularly?
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
No
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Do you watch it regularly?
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Honestly, I've only seen a few episodes. I might catch up one day if I feel like it, but when I heard about the whole Mandalorian fiasco it kind of turned me off really fast.

Now I know that five million people are going to come on here and tell me that the later seasons are really much better and that I should catch up. I didn't say it was a terrible show, I just said I'm not watching it regularly as of right now. Razz

So what about you? Are you watching it? Why or why not?

Re: Do you watch it regularly?
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:44 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Jaina Solo Fel wrote:
Honestly, I've only seen a few episodes. I might catch up one day if I feel like it, but when I heard about the whole Mandalorian fiasco it kind of turned me off really fast.

Now I know that five million people are going to come on here and tell me that the later seasons are really much better and that I should catch up. I didn't say it was a terrible show, I just said I'm not watching it regularly as of right now. Razz

So what about you? Are you watching it? Why or why not?

Sadly i just never got into it haha. I also have no time to watch TV with work and school Sad maybe someday though!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I watch it every week online. I was ver enthusiastic for the first two seasons but my interest has waned since and the episodes have been hit or miss.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I watched every episode from the beginning, but I'm opposite of Reep. While I didn't think much of it at first, I started getting particularly interested in the third season - despite certain dud episodes.

Oh, and don't worry about being flamed on here. We're pretty freindly Smile

*Resists urge to use smilies*

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I watched all of the first two seasons, but have gotten behind since then. I honestly forget about it.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I still watch it weekly, though there have been a few times where I've fallen behind and had to catch up on several episodes in one sitting.

And if five million people ever come here to tell anyone anything, I will award that person with riches beyond imagination.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

REALLY!? Shocked

*runs off to start a "five million people" thread*
“Actually, I don’t quite recall. But I was made, so the existence of my maker is beyond question. And since I consider my existence to be a good thing, he was without a doubt benevolent and forward thinking.”
~Allana Solo and C-3PO

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Old Master Ben wrote:
I still watch it weekly, though there have been a few times where I've fallen behind and had to catch up on several episodes in one sitting.

And if five million people ever come here to tell anyone anything, I will award that person with riches beyond imagination.

Will these riches be awarded in paper money or gold bars?

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i watched a few of the 1st episodes but couldnt get into it but my 5 year old daughter has just started watching it so will probably end up watching them wiv her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I missed a lot at the beginning and had to catch up with the DVDs, but I watch it every week online now.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I watch the show weekly. Mostly on saterdays or sundays together with my son after we had dinner.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I watched every episode from the beginning, but I'm opposite of Reep. While I didn't think much of it at first, I started getting particularly interested in the third season - despite certain dud episodes.

Interesting! No, Season Three is when I started losing my die-hard interest.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I think it was to do with the visual quality. While the first two were good, even Filoni attests that it took them a while to figure out who was good at what. So while the second series was an improvement, and a third a refinement. I also appreciate the risks they took in the last few arcs, in the third. They all started very good but, in my opinion, they went downhill quite quickly in the follow up episodes. But I like that they tried.

Too, it's marked as the season I finally liked Ahsoka. Her somber 'I'm not' line, in the second to last episode (I think) conveyed her maturity very well.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Good points. Ahsoka and the visuals seem to get better with each passing season. Most of Season Three felt aimless though. Let's have an episode where Cad Bane tortures the droids and gets the plans for the Senate Building. Why not? I never even wondered how Bane knew his way around the Senate Building. He's a bounty hunter, he has his ways.

I think Season Two is still my favourite just for its consistency. The current Umbara episodes are the best I've seen but then this season also had those awful propaganda episodes.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote  

I try to watch it every week but sometimes I miss it or forget it (especially when they do their many breaks in the middle of the season). To be honest, you really don't need to catch up in order to start watching it. The earlier season jumped around a lot, so the episodes were out of order for the most part.

However, if you want to watch the current Umbaran arc, you'll need to watch the previous three episodes. They're really good.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2