EUChatter! The Offical Chat Thread of EUCast!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Have you thought about having guest-hosts, if not all the hosts are available?

...like us, on the forum? :D

The big problem's been the production end. We've currently got two episodes finished that are still held up in post production. And we've been only able to get 2 hosts to sync up times, but it's almost always those of us with no recording equipment. I had a temporary solution that was working for us through the summer (the couple episodes with me and Elyse, or me and Chris)

And we need to as a collective discuss if that's something we'd like to do just to keep the show going on time. Would the listeners rather it be 1-2 hosts vs a 3-4 host scenario. The feeling has been that we'd like to get all the hosts of the show on the episodes, but it's looking like that might not be the best option for keeping the show "alive"

Personally I'd be ok with us having 2 hosts on an episode and using which hosts could make it that day and work to rotate each host on as often as we can until schedules are at a point we all can make the episodes again.

What are your thoughts listeners?

What do you prefer in a show's hosting format? How many hosts work to you? What are your thoughts on EUCast's host line ups: past, present, and future?

I personally love EUCast, the lapse in episodes is killing me, the longer it grows the hard it feels to catch up. But on the other hand it allows in this case for a few episodes that would be more cover centric. And is that something listeners enjoy? Have we been on the right track or are there topics that we could/ should cover more?

Thanks again for all your input guys!

And if / when we bring on guest hosts- we'll keep you EUCers in mind! Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I would, personally, be quite happy with two-person format. I listen to Star Wars Book Report, and EU Review, who both have two hosts, and I thoroughly enjoy them both. I certainly don't feel having only two hosts is a detriment to either show.

And, no, I'm not just saying this to regain my regular EUCast fix!

Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed the three people set up, but I've no problem with two.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have good news.

I'm working extremely hard at the moment to organize for a new episode to be recorded tonight. But I need everyone's help.

First off, while I'm not sure we're in the best position to invite listeners on as guest hosts yet, we really would love to hear from you. Today, I'm particularly looking for voicemails. If you have thoughts on any EU material (examples: expectations for Riptide, thoughts on Apocalypse & Plagueis back covers, speculation on those books, speculation and expectations on newly announced comics, thoughts on Maul's confirmed return) PLEASE call us an let us HEAR those thoughts. It creates a much more interesting feedback section when the listeners can hear other listeners, and not just us reading emails. The number is 530-EUT-K421. Just call today before 7:00 EST and we'll get your voicemail on the show.

Also, we'll be broadcasting the show live tonight. I'm not sure what time yet, but I'll get back to you on that. We'll greatly appreciate everyone who tunes in.

If you're really missing EUCast, please show us through participation in any way that you can!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've now been able to recruit Chris to join me tonight. Still no contact from Skywalker or Solo... I mean Mark and Elyse. But this means there WILL be an episode tonight! The current planned time is 8:15 EST. Please join us on ustream! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eucast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The episode we recorded on Monday is now online.

Enjoy, folks.

http://www.solosound.net/eucast/3154/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Last four minutes of the latest podcast are so great. Just shows how much fun we have doing this podcast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was just listening to the new episode, and had some thoughts about the Darth Plagueis discussions.

Re: Palpatine's name: There's a great meme online (I think on TheForce.net, mostly), that Palpatine's name is Frank. Just because in Episode I he says something like "Your highness, let me be frank." Love it.

Re: Plagueis making Anakin: I really hope they don't have Plagueis create Anakin. If only because, according to previous sources (like The New Essential Chronology), Plagueis died 5 years before Anakin was born. And I wouldn't like if they retconned Plagueis's death to being the same year as Anakin's birth, if only because that would reduce the duration of Sidious's Mastership and Maul's apprenticeship under him.

Re: Maul on the back cover: I assume the book would end with Sidious becoming the Master and taking Maul as his apprentice, just like how Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil ended with Zannah becoming Master, with Cognus as her apprentice.

Thinking of Zannah and Cognus, I really really hope that the Plagueis book doesn't end with unintentional ambiguity. I still chuckle when some people on the TFN forums argue that Bane survived in Zannah's body, even though Drew Karpyshyn explicitly stated that Zannah won, and that he couldn't even see the ambiguity (to him it was obvious). So I hope that nothing is left to interpretation like that at the end of this.

Re: Darth Plagueis doesn't exist: I like the idea. Not so much in terms of Sidious making him up. But what if Plagueis is some kind of voice inside Palpatine's head. When you said it on the episode, all I could think was "...so Plagueis is the Tyler Durden of Star Wars. Not really existing outside the mind of his creator, and yet causing everything to happen."

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Excellent thoughts, Taral! Do you mind if we read that post on our next episode?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
Excellent thoughts, Taral! Do you mind if we read that post on our next episode?

Please do! Feel free to edit too. The way I write can easily be read on paper, but it doesn't speak terribly well lol.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Re: Plagueis making Anakin: I really hope they don't have Plagueis create Anakin. If only because, according to previous sources (like The New Essential Chronology), Plagueis died 5 years before Anakin was born. And I wouldn't like if they retconned Plagueis's death to being the same year as Anakin's birth, if only because that would reduce the duration of Sidious's Mastership and Maul's apprenticeship under him.

I don't know, I don't think it would make a difference if Plagueis died before Anakin was born. He could've just set Anakin's birth in motion.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Besides, wouldn't the 5 years already be too short for Maul's apprenticeship? I seem to remember that he was taken when he was very young. Maybe that's changed with the TCW episodes?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
Besides, wouldn't the 5 years already be too short for Maul's apprenticeship? I seem to remember that he was taken when he was very young. Maybe that's changed with the TCW episodes?

*Holds self back* Can't discuss.... Darth....Plagueis.... *Bites tongue for now*

Theories..... Have..... I.....

Questions... too....

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would never ask you to divulge certain information - especially as I avoid spoilers like the plague(is), and would never read it for myself until after I finish reading the book. You could always, however, go to the Darth Plagueis book discussion thread, and do a heavily laden spoilder tagged post ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Don't tempt him! I'm not sure spilling the beans on the story would be appreciated by the folks who gave him the advanced copy. It's most likely frowned upon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
especially as I avoid spoilers like the plague(is)...

LOVED the pun!

@OMB- oh no. I'd be too afraid to never see an ARC again in my life. No my lips are sealed and most of my theories will have been unlearned by the time the book comes out I fear. LOL Such is life.

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 22 of 24