How did Yoda know about the rule of two?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
How did Yoda know about the rule of two?
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Qui-Gonns funeral we are all paying our respect to a fallen Jedi then the words come out of Yoda's mouth "Always two there are, a Master and apprentice" Right here is my problem, Yoda is near 900 years old, a hundred years shy of when the Sith were supposedly wiped out from the Galaxy. Yet we know Darth Bane created the Rule of two and only him and Darth Zannah were about. In Rule of two the Jedi think they killed the last two when we know it was a decoy. In Dynasty of Evil there are no Jedi's involved in the story. So with the Sith all dead at Ruusan then they "find" the last Sith, kill them and the galaxy saved. But when did the Jedi find out about the rule of two? that what bugs me. Help me please.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kibh_Jeen

Re: How did Yoda know about the rule of two?
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
Qui-Gonns funeral we are all paying our respect to a fallen Jedi then the words come out of Yoda's mouth "Always two there are, a Master and apprentice" Right here is my problem, Yoda is near 900 years old, a hundred years shy of when the Sith were supposedly wiped out from the Galaxy. Yet we know Darth Bane created the Rule of two and only him and Darth Zannah were about. In Rule of two the Jedi think they killed the last two when we know it was a decoy. In Dynasty of Evil there are no Jedi's involved in the story. So with the Sith all dead at Ruusan then they "find" the last Sith, kill them and the galaxy saved. But when did the Jedi find out about the rule of two? that what bugs me. Help me please.

If IIRC it was due to something with Zannah's apprentices. One of them leaves the order but continues in a sense the rule of two- and they get found out. But I don't think that was anything more then a Hadalgo or Pena article. But somewhere this was addressed to a degree.

Perhaps it was Darth Millinuem (sp)

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thank you both for your replies this has cleared my mind. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

When I first saw Episode I, I wondered the same but always assumed it was something about a Sith heir letting it slip.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think in the Lucasverse the history of Bane is different than the EU in that Bane came along earlier in time (closer to 2,000 BBY) and that the Jedi were aware of the Rule of Two after Bane and that their alleged extinction occurred after Bane.

I always thought the EU was playing with fire by putting the Battle of Ruusan at 1,000 BBY precisely, because Ki-Adi-Mundi says that the Sith have been extinct for OVER a millennium, and 1,000 BBY isn't even a millennium before 32 BBY. The EU also had to justify how Yoda would know of the Rule of Two under the explanation it developed of the alleged extinction of the Sith.

If this is changed at some point, I think this is one of the times where the EU dug itself a hole that could have been avoided like with the idea that all Jedi vanish at death that the pre-prequel EU had.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

My take on it is that information relating to the sith became known to the Jedi and Yoda had it in the Jedi Temple archives. Padawans were always thaught about the jedi history and the Sith were a massive part of that. They were thaught about the Sith and were probably told about it.

Its a shaky theory admittedly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1