A Petition to bring back Michael A. Stackpole
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hell, I'm just impressed that Stackpole actually read the article.

I hope that someone at Del Rey took the time to read it, too. I tried to be as positive as possible in the article for that reason. I didn't want to come off as "the EU sucks bring back Stackpole!" Razz

(Which I don't think, for that matter. Just more Stackpole is never a bad thing. Smile )

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:45 am Reply with quote  

Stat wise we've got over a 100 signatures in just the first 30 days. Not too bad considering the circumstances.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Here's an idea. Sense they're both good authors and both wrote X-Wing books, how about a bi-author book or a joint series between Stackpole and Allston. We can have Stackpole for the Rouges and Allston for the Wraths. Maybe we can get this if Mercy Kill dose well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm not a big fan of co-authored books (it's making Medstar particularly difficult to read), but I'd be more than happy with a joint series. As has been noted before, on here, I feel the universe has become too narrow. I miss stories about non 'main' characters.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I would love another Rogue book, obviously, but I'd love anything by Stackpole. His entries into the NJO were some of the best ones and I'd love to see what he could come up with in the current era, either getting to work with the Horns, the Antilles, or the Fels.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would think that there's a lot of timeline space for further Rogue Squadron books before the Yuuzhan Vong War. I don't think that Del Rey is interested in doing the New Republic era though. The only books we have gotten are Survivor's Quest and Tatooine Ghost, and Shadows of Mindor was Stover's choice with an open slot.

At this point I have absolutely zero interest in the Legacy era, personally.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Heard there maybe a 10th X-Wing novel in the works. Maybe Michael is writing it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That book's being written by Allston. And it takes place around the end of FOTJ.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Cerrinea wrote:
That book's being written by Allston. And it takes place around the end of FOTJ.

Cheers. Pity Michael isnt doing it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 3