Pixar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I want to buy this house and live in it. Cool

http://thedisneyblog.com/2011/08/07/video-tour-of-pixar-up-house-in-utah/

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Agreed.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*sigh* Pixar, why do you do this to me?

The full-length Brave trailer is out and while some of the visuals are stunning and I've always had a soft spot for Scotland, the movie looks like feminist drivel with extremely dorky humour. However, this is nothing new. Every Pixar trailer since Ratatouille made it look like the movie was going to be a trainwreck only to be proven wrong. Well, with one, sort of, exception: Cars 2, their last movie.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEHWDA_6e3M

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:

The full-length Brave trailer is out and while some of the visuals are stunning and I've always had a soft spot for Scotland, the movie looks like feminist drivel with extremely dorky humour. However, this is nothing new. Every Pixar trailer since Ratatouille made it look like the movie was going to be a trainwreck only to be proven wrong. Well, with one, sort of, exception: Cars 2, their last movie.

Trailer:

I honestly think I'll hate this as much as WALL-E and Cars 2. Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:

Trailer:

The narration at the beginning - the combination of the Scottish accent and "razor sharp claws" made me think of Tim the Enchanter describing the Killer Rabbit. Very Happy

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Shocked How can y'all be hating this early? I'm beyond stoked for this movie. First Pixar princess. Yes, please.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I...am less than impressed. Definitely wondered why everybody jumped on the bandwagon back when absolutely nothing was shown in the original trailer. This trailer lowers my expectations even further. However...!

As has been pointed out, Pixar trailers are almost always subpar. I have no idea why. Perhaps so that expectations will be exceeded? Good marketing strategy, if so. I must confess that I thought The Incredibles trailer looked totally boring. I wasn't even convinced it was a real movie for months! And it is now one of my favorite cartoons. So...! Let that be a lesson to you. Never judge a movie by its trailer. Unless it's The Human Centipede. Then by all means. Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am slightly sad we didn't get one of Pixar's trademark teasers with footage not actually in the film. Y'know, like Mr. Incredible trying to fasten his belt while his wife called him to dinner. Those are always amusing. Anyhow, I'm so stoked about this film and y'all are getting your negativity all over me! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Reepicheep wrote:

Trailer:

'A Lady must enjoy elegant pursuits'? Clearly they don't know our women! Laughing Okay, while they weren't exactly allowed to fight (though some did) and they stayed home and did the dutiful wife thing, the basic premise doesn't sit well with me - though I do confess it sounds like it stays historically accurate enough to tickle my feathers. Except for the fact that they were wearing kilts in the fight scene. Fighters would, traditionally, be naked from the waist down, because the kilt was too cumbersome. But, beyond that, I'm okay with it. Maybe, cautiously interested? I wouldn't go to the cinema to watch it, but I wouldn't scoff at it, if I saw it on the TV schedule. Besides, it has Billy Connelly, so that's a big plus in my book.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:47 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I am slightly sad we didn't get one of Pixar's trademark teasers with footage not actually in the film. Y'know, like Mr. Incredible trying to fasten his belt while his wife called him to dinner. Those are always amusing. Anyhow, I'm so stoked about this film and y'all are getting your negativity all over me! Wink

What was the last film that they did one of those teasers for? Those were always excellent.

Honestly I'm not interested in Brave. The animation actually looks lower than Pixar's standards, I'm not clear what the plot will be, and the only unique aspect that I've seen so far is the setting. I've always loved the originality of Pixar's stories, but what's so original about this?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:

What was the last film that they did one of those teasers for? Those were always excellent.

Honestly I'm not interested in Brave. The animation actually looks lower than Pixar's standards, I'm not clear what the plot will be, and the only unique aspect that I've seen so far is the setting. I've always loved the originality of Pixar's stories, but what's so original about this?

I suppose the last teaser was from Ratatouille.

And I'm excited and there's nothing any of you can do about it. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They've done a teaser for every movie except the first Toy Story, usually right before a theatrical showing- like the short film.

Brave was no exception:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0VgPy6Uk

^ This actually got me really excited for the movie. The teasers are awesome, the theatrical trailers are horrendous. Thus, I've not given up hope.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yes, there was a teaser, but apparently it used footage from the actual movie, since the bear scene appears in the theatrical trailer, as well. The famous Pixar teasers didn't contain any actual footage from the movie, they just gave you an overall sense of what it would be about. Example: The Incredibles teaser did not include any footage from The Incredibles, but it carried across the message of the movie: superheroes who have been out of the business for a while and gotten accustomed to everyday life. Is that the plot of the movie? No, but it is the spirit of it.

I think one of the things that has me the most disappointed with Brave is the fact that Pixar seems to be turning into just one more CG animation studio. Was Cars 2 an amazing movie? No, but it was about spy cars. It was still an original Pixar concept. Brave looks like it could have been made by Disney or Dreamworks or anyone else. The originality and uniqueness of Pixar is disappearing. A teaser that looks like any other movie teaser just helps to drive home that fact. Sad
“Actually, I don’t quite recall. But I was made, so the existence of my maker is beyond question. And since I consider my existence to be a good thing, he was without a doubt benevolent and forward thinking.”
~Allana Solo and C-3PO

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ I wouldn't say that quite yet. I'm convinced that Cars 2 resulted from persuasions from Disney rather than inspiration, but I wouldn't say the same for Brave judging by one trailer. The first trailer gave me a completely different vibe: it seemed to be a return to the classic fairy tale (Grimm-style) rather than the modernized, politically correct drivel we've gotten since Shrek.

We won't know whether the footage in the first trailer will be in the movie till we see it. I wouldn't be surprised if it is trailer-exclusive footage. It wouldn't be the first time this was done in a theatrical trailer. *coughDawnTreadercough*

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

See, I'm thinking that Pixar will take the classic fairy tale angle that Disney always did so well and do something darker and different with it than Disney would. That's why I'm excited. Also, the love the character design for Merida. Not Disney princess beautiful, but definitely appealing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 7 of 8