Four Years of EUCantina
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Holonet News View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Life Is The Path wrote:
Is it because no one could pronounce it properly? I heard two men scoffing at a couple of kids, the other day, because they were pronouncing 'Voldemort' with a pronounced T on the end. 'When, clearly, Biff,' one man said, 'it's obviously Voldemor.' Rolling Eyes

Pretty sure it was originally intended to be said without the "T". I read that somewhere. On the internet. So it must be real. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

A big Congrats .......
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

......... to the EUCantina.net! I am proud to just be associated with this site. If it was not for finding this place all those years ago, I probably would be doing a geriatric podcast instead of talking about Star Wars (which is more fun BTW) Razz

Yes, you can probably tell that I am the "Old Man" of this group, and proud of it Razz

The Old Man - Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
Is it because no one could pronounce it properly? I heard two men scoffing at a couple of kids, the other day, because they were pronouncing 'Voldemort' with a pronounced T on the end. 'When, clearly, Biff,' one man said, 'it's obviously Voldemor.' Rolling Eyes

Pretty sure it was originally intended to be said without the "T". I read that somewhere. On the internet. So it must be real. Wink

That's true. When JK Rowling was working as a teacher (in France, I believe), her students had difficulty with her name - it's pronounced Rolling. So she wanted Voldemort to have as difficult to pronounce a name, so made the T silent. Unfortunately, she never made this clear in the novels, so it's something that people sometimes get confused by. And you've now read this on the internet, too, so this is true, too!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Life Is The Path wrote:
Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

That's true. When JK Rowling was working as a teacher (in France, I believe), her students had difficulty with her name - it's pronounced Rolling. So she wanted Voldemort to have as difficult to pronounce a name, so made the T silent. Unfortunately, she never made this clear in the novels, so it's something that people sometimes get confused by. And you've now read this on the internet, too, so this is true, too!

Laughing Reminds me of how no one can agree on how to say "accio". Ok, turning my nerd switch off now. Hey, did the EUC get a cake for its birthday? It needs a cake.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Holonet News

Page 2 of 2