Who should be next?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who should be next?
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So who do you think should break the soil (die) next?
With Lumiya and Alema gone, I don't really hate any character anymore. What about you?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ok, I've said it on the old forums, so I'll say it here. Han, Han, Han. I get the feeling he's gonna go. Crying or Very sad

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No!!! Not Han! I can't see it happening.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote  

Alana. I want to see Caedus sacrifice Alan and Tenel-Ka in order to free himself of all emotional bonds, thus becoming one with the darkside. As is, I am disappointed with his progress. I don't consider him a Sith Lord, which he is supposed to be. He needs to go through some major character development and I think this would be just the kind of catastrophic stimuli to take him to the edge.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If he did kill Allana, then the whole reason why he started on this dark path will be gone and he wouldn't be a Sith, but a failed Dark Jedi. I would probably say Jacen/Caedus would be more like Ulic Qel-Droma if he killed his daughter. Of course, Anakin Skywalker hurt his wife without realizing what he was doing but that's because evil was whispering into his ear against her; so far, no evil is whispering into Caedus's ear concerning Allana (Caedus does see Tenel Ka as a traitor since she did fire on him )

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote  

Actually most people seem to become a Sith for a reason but end up destroying that reason in the process of becoming a Sith. Anakin killed his love when he wanted to preserve it, Palpatine wanted peace but ended up destroying it, same as Krayt.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Judicar wrote:
Ok, I've said it on the old forums, so I'll say it here. Han, Han, Han. I get the feeling he's gonna go. Crying or Very sad

That's interesting. I've had the same feeling for a while now.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Actually most people seem to become a Sith for a reason but end up destroying that reason in the process of becoming a Sith. Anakin killed his love when he wanted to preserve it, Palpatine wanted peace but ended up destroying it, same as Krayt.

Nevertheless, I feel Allana has a destiny and probably won't die for a while. A long while.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey, Darth Skuldren, who's that guy on your avatar?

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure anyone should die, but I can see Boba Fett, Han, or Mirta dying. Actually, I can picture Han killing Fett's daughter (based on the vision on Betrayal) accidentally. Or, it could be a huge Solo-Fett circle of relative death, all starting with Fett training Jaina.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

True, Allana would make Caedus a much better Sith. Freeing himself of all emotional bonds . . . I like it. Sounds like a good plot twist.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote  

@Reepicheep- My avatar is none other than Darth Plagueis, Palpatine's master. I got it from the Jedi vs Sith book. Very Happy

As for deaths, I'm wondering if Kal Skirata is still alive. I wouldn't mind hearing about how old Kalbuir died.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Explain to me how killing Allana is good for Jacen/Caedus? Haven't any of these characters read through the Essential Chronology? (Very Happy) History shows that you may think riding yourself of the attachment makes you stronger but it always, always, causes more pain than peace and comes back to lead to your downfall. You see your loved one your fighting for die at someone else's hand or your own hand and you want to stop that violence. Nothing wrong with wanting to prevent that, but to do it through starting a war? That makes no sense for peace for everyone if you're going to kill those opposed to you. Plus, if they died at your own hand, it's not the galaxy's fault that that happened, it's your fault it happened.

Palpatine wanting peace? I don't see that; I see a man wanting nothing more than power; peace is just a "result" of him using his power.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote  

Pain is the whole point in becoming a Sith, its the essential ingredient in their transformation to the dark side. It is evil after all, regardless of what some may think, George has always done things in the light vs dark, good vs evil motif.

As for Palps wanting peace, he is always talking about how he wants to bring justice and order to the galaxy. I actually think he believed it himself. The problem is that he had qualms with using any means necessary to bring peace and order to his galaxy. Whether he ever figured it out or not, the result of the matter is that the only way to bring peace and order to the galaxy is to kill everyone off because there will always be wars and disputes. Caedus has the same stupid idea that he can bring peace to the galaxy and he's doing the same thing, killing the people off in gradually increasing numbers in a hopeless attempt at instilling peace through force.

If the Sith really want to bring peace to the galaxy, they need to just blow it up. Peace and quiet. Population zero.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Pain is the whole point in becoming a Sith, its the essential ingredient in their transformation to the dark side. It is evil after all, regardless of what some may think, George has always done things in the light vs dark, good vs evil motif.

As for Palps wanting peace, he is always talking about how he wants to bring justice and order to the galaxy. I actually think he believed it himself. The problem is that he had qualms with using any means necessary to bring peace and order to his galaxy. Whether he ever figured it out or not, the result of the matter is that the only way to bring peace and order to the galaxy is to kill everyone off because there will always be wars and disputes. Caedus has the same stupid idea that he can bring peace to the galaxy and he's doing the same thing, killing the people off in gradually increasing numbers in a hopeless attempt at instilling peace through force.

If the Sith really want to bring peace to the galaxy, they need to just blow it up. Peace and quiet. Population zero.

Now, do you support this, or anyone who is backing Sith. Recently, Sith have been gaining lots of popularity and it scares me more than anything. Also, Palpatine was a very manipulative man; where is the line between what he does feel and what he wants you to feel. Jacen would do better for bringing peace to the galaxy if he recognized the knowledge people older than him who have fought this battle before know.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 5