Boys In Fancy Armor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just thought I'd drop in this thread since I'm almost done with Halo Reach and am excited looking forward to Halo: Primordium since Cryptum was so good. I got big into Halo this summer and read like 5 books and beat all of the games (1,2,3,ODST,Reach...not Wars yet...). But yes, this franchise is incredible in its detail and background so I'm super up for the new forerunner novel!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Just thought I'd drop in this thread since I'm almost done with Halo Reach and am excited looking forward to Halo: Primordium since Cryptum was so good. I got big into Halo this summer and read like 5 books and beat all of the games (1,2,3,ODST,Reach...not Wars yet...). But yes, this franchise is incredible in its detail and background so I'm super up for the new forerunner novel!

Which game was your favorite? I've got fond memories of the original so I'm looking forward to Anniversary. I hope they redo Halo 2 the same way. I had some fun doing four player co-op for Reach as well.

Here's the obligatory fancy armor for Gears of War:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

2 and Reach are definitely my favorites

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I liked the Arbiter in Halo 2, but the game itself isn't as good as the original IMO. It was more space opera-y, which was kind of counter to the first game I thought. In the first game you're just completely ignorant of the Covenant and Forerunners and the Halo evokes a sense of wonder as does the Covenant starships and technology. With Halo 2, by virtue of the Arbiter being one of the protagonists, it eliminates that aspect of it to an extent. I guess the closet is High Charity. But one of my favorite Halo moments is on High Charity when "Blow Me Away" starts playing. And I prefer the Arbiter to Master Chief because he's a more compelling character. Thel 'Vadam: "What would you have your Arbiter do?"

I'm psyched about Gears of War 3 now though because the reviews are coming in positive.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I thought Halo 2's multiplayer was the best in the series, but my favorite in terms of single player is probably Reach.

Gears 3 is gonna rock skulls. So stoked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The new Karen Traviss Halo book Grasslands is out today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
The new Karen Traviss Halo book Grasslands is out today.

Crap, I can't afford it yet. Let me know how it is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

The hardback and ebook are out now, but you can always wait a month for the paperback version, which will be cheaper. I'm waiting for the paperback, since hardbacks make my wrist hurt, when I recline to read in a certain way.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
The hardback and ebook are out now, but you can always wait a month for the paperback version, which will be cheaper. I'm waiting for the paperback, since hardbacks make my wrist hurt, when I recline to read in a certain way.

It isn't a hardback. It's a trade paperback.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bloody amazon. Making me look dumb since 2007 ...

Well, the paperback and the hardback are being sold at different times, over here, at least.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just got my copy of Glasslands. I've not read it, yet I already love it. It's freakin' huge! It's much the same composition as The Cole Protocol - same size, and very bendy covers. It feels ... beautiful. I know that sounds weird, but I've trouble getting into a decent reading pose, and this feels like it could make it easier, for me. Not to mention the fact that it's a decent size (450 ish), and with a larger print, so it's easier on my eyes in low light. This could be an incredibly bad book, I realise, but I've a good feeling about this one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Agh! I can't believe I missed that release! That will be bought in the next few days, I can assure you. I may not have time to read it, but I've been looking so forward to that book. So excited! Smile

And Life, how could a Traviss book about soldier boys possibly be bad?! Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Imperial Commando?

But I do get the feeling that this'll be a very good one. I just don't want to get overhyped on it. (He says, after squee-ing for half an hour and running round in little circles after getting it)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I liked Imperial Commando. Though I know I'm in the minority. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Got my copy or Primordium. I'm very excited to have this book. Though unfortunately I think this will have to be the last book I'll read in my current line up. I'm going to have to re-read the first book, because my memory of that is hazy. But before that I think I'll read the two Halo: Evolutions books, because I gather there's a lot of information in them that would have helped my understanding of the events of Cryptum, the first time I read it. So I want to go into it again, armed with that knowledge, to see if it makes a difference. But before them I'll be reading Halo: Glasslands. Because I won't be able to hold back!

So, yeah. Long wait.

And I just spoiled myself on one important thing as I flicked through my copy. On the one hand: Gah! Really wish I hadn't spoiled myself. On the other: woah! I saw something quite interesting, and I can't wait to read it.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 4 of 7