Zombie Apocalypse: Cantina Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote  

OOC: Glad we cleared that up. Life can go back and edit/retcon his post or post a new one.

I don't have the time right now but when I get a chance I'll add an edit mark (unless Skuls beats me to it) in your post Caedus that it should be disregarded (in case someone wants to read out adventures in the future).

IC:
As the zombie collapsed backwards towards the ground Vorn withdrew his wakizashi. Looking for a new threat Vorn spotted a zombie shamble onto the sidewalk from a three story building a block away. From the way it carried itself Vorn could tell it was out to inspect the source of the gunshot. Turning it caught sight of the scouting party. Shrieking it raised its arm and pointed in their direction. Immediately more zombies began shuffling out, far more than the scouting party could reasonably expect to fight without drawing further attention to themselves.

Guys! Shufflers inbound! We’ve got to go, NOW!

Vorn then noticed that his MP3 player was still playing very softly, what caught his ears was that it was now playing “The Bridge of Khazad Dum” fitting, very fitting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Padme, who had just managed to pull her feet after several minutes of scuffling with various Undead, brought her rifle to her shoulder and picked off the lead shufflers before following the rest of the scouting team in their sprint down the road.

"Think the station doors can be fortified?" she called, not particularly caring who answered. If we can just get in.....get what we came for, then make a break for it.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

(OOC: Previous post has been fixed)

I can hear Skuldren shuffling about behind me. I spare a glance for him and see he's still dazed, but his rifle is shouldered, and aimed - albeit shakily - at the monster. I turn my attention to the necromancer, now half-way across the field, and absorbing my bullets as if it's made of gelatin. I aim for its head and, but it's too small for a no-scope shot, at this range. Behind me, I hear the sharper, louder crack of Skuldren's sniper rifle. It slows, briefly, but carries on still. I need a plan, and fast.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep sheathed his rapier and drew his broadsword. The zombies kept coming. A group of three zombies was lumbering slowly towards Padme and Reepicheep ran to intercept them. He stopped in front of them and brandished his sword menacingly.

"Prepare to taste my blade, undead fiends!"

The zombies kept walking, right past Reepicheep, clearly not registering a mouse as being a substantial threat or piece of meat. Reepicheep reddened with shame and anger and jumped up at one of the zombies and stabbed it in the spine. As the zombie, crumpled to the ground and Reepicheep pulled his sword out of it, the other zombies turned to face him.

Reepicheep grinned.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quote  

Slowly my head began to clear. Glancing up, I saw life pouring fire into the monstrosity approaching us. I gave head one more clear shake. The ringing in my ears from the gunfire focused all my attention on eye sight.

Bigfoot. For some odd reason the word came to the forefront of my mind. Zombie bigfoot.

"Stang!" The big monster wasn't getting slowed down by the gunfire.

I slung my rifle back on my shoulder and pulled out a flair pistol. It was an odd thing to carry around, but I've always fancied I'd come across a crowd of zombies standing in a puddle of gasoline.

Sadly bigfoot was not standing in anything flammable, but a burning firecracker in your eyesocket would surely make you think twice about the food you were chasing.

I took quick aim and fired the pistol. The flair briefly buzzed through the air and my aim was true. The red fireball hit ugly right in the left eye socket, spewing sparks everywhere.

I shoved the flair pistol in a pocket and got my rifle ready again. By now the bigfoot zombie was no more than 10 feet from us.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote  

The group had dodged into an alley rather than take the direct path to the station in the hopes of loosing the larger group of zombies. Reep broke off to cover Padme’ as she retreated, taking on three zombies at once. But there were more zombies than one mouse could handle and two runners shot past Reep. Stopping at the entrance to the alley by a trash pin that created a bottle neck Vorn assumed a defensive stance.

Vorn stabbed the first zombie in the chest with his katana, slowing its forward momentum and then neatly sliced off the head with his wakizashi. Withdrawing his katana blade he recovered into a defensive stance, katana blade held parallel to his forward leg, wakizashi held parallel to the ground at head height. Vorn slashed his katana in an upward vertical cut intending to cut the second runner down the middle but the runner displayed considerable nimbleness and spun to the side to dodge the attack. The runner used the spinning momentum to then deliver a powerful backhand hit to Vorn’s head that sent him reeling into the side of the trash bin. His back slammed into the metal and Vorn grimaced in pain as a sharpe edge cut into his back. The runner continued its attack and Vorn managed to slash off the runner’s right arm just before it could hit him. Vorn then dodged the runner’s next attack which sent its rotting body crashing into the trash bin where Vorn had been moments ago. Not wasting the opportunity Vorn brought his katana down in a brutal vertical cut that split the runner’s skull almost perfectly in half. It’s face, no longer attached to the rest of the body, fell into the trash bin.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The mouse grinning, his blade glimmering in the air, Reep engaged the creatures.

Caedus was having problems of his own. He had gotten separated from the rodent with Padme and made the dash for the gas station. After a moment of indecision, he had let her go in alone and was headed back to help with the pack. Knives drawn he engaged the closest one to him, burying his blade in its temple.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Padme bolted through the station's door, quickly taking in her surroundings. The place was somewhat trashed, with items thrown about, but not much seemed to actually be missing. As she turned a corner, she saw why, nearly tripping over a decapitated head in the process. Several bodies littered the ground, some still clutching foodstuffs. Looked like the Undead had attacked while they were gathering supplies. Won't happen this time. She immediately set to work on the windows, locking them before quickly scrounging up several planks of wood and a drill from the back to further reinforce them, only pausing her work to dart to to doorway several times to put bullets through the heads several Undead who were attempting launch themselves on the remainder of the scouting party from the rooftops. Her task completed as efficiently as possible, she took up her rifle and planted herself in the doorframe. From her post, she could now see Vorn being knocked to the ground by the advancing Undead, while another of the creatures attempted to leap onto Caedus' back. A flash of silver that could only be Reepicheep darted between them. Aiming carefully, Padme began to fire.

Last edited by Queen Padmè Skywalker on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote  

As Vorn had tried to fall back to the station another zombie had jumped him, knocking him to the ground. Rolling onto his back Vorn made a quick slash with his katana to keep the zombie at bay. On a regular human the wound wouldn’t have been significant, but on a decaying zombie it tore through the flesh to disembowel the creature. Vorn was forced to use his wakizashi to cut his feet free from the rotten innards but the zombie was no more, its head blown apart by a shot by Padme’.

Getting to his feet Vorn could see the alley’s bottleneck could only work for so long. Sooner or later our endurance and bullets will run out. Lets hope we run out of zombies in the immediate area before then Vorn reflected as he cut down two more zombies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Much like the proverbial lightning bolt, I have my idea.

'Skuls! I've got an idea.' I call over to Skuldren, who's calmly shooting the bigfoot. 'Can you hold it off for a few minutes?'

'Sure. Leave it to the injured guy to go up against bigfoot.'

'Well, I'm too pretty to get eaten alive.'
I grin at him and run over to his position, leaving my automatic rifle beside him, and dash off inside the Cantina. Heart pounding, my mouth dry, my eyes scanning frantically for what I need. Our hideout has been our home for a few weeks, now, but we've never made a concerted attempt to clear away the rubble and debris. I hear the sharper crack of Skuldren's high powered rifle give way to the more staccato snapping of my automatic, and take that as my cue to hurry. Finally, I find the object of my desire - a large spool of electrical wiring - behind an upturned table. Grabbing it, I hurry to the basement.

The room is pitch black, save for the small strip of light emanating from the doorway. I wave my hand over the side wall, blindly searching for the light switch. Finally, I do, and I'm rewarded with the flickering on of overhead lighting. I breathe a quick sigh of relief, having confirmation of the second part of my plan, and the easing of my fears. I find the fuse box and rip open the cover lid - and then curse the damnable Americans for having the temerity to wire their powering stations differently. Incorrectly. I hope that the symbols are standard, and turn off the power-source - whether it's still hooked into the city power grid, or working on its own supply, I don't know, but don't care, either - and feel my way blindly, ripping out a wire, replacing it with an end of my spooled one. Loosening it, I run back up the stairs, through the cantina, and outside. I pick up my discarded pointed metal stick, and wrap the other end of the cord.

'Skuls! Get inside!' I yell at wounded counterpart, who stands dangerously close to the bigfoot monster. He retreats, gingerly but hurriedly, and I pull out my revolver to cover him. Once inside, I order him: 'Go to the basement. Follow the cable. Throw the power switch on!'

I bar the entrance with my body, switching the bar to my right hand, my gun to my left. The monster looks into my eyes, and I see only pure anger, need, hunger. No trace of what it once was behind those eyes. It's only a few feet away now. In my mind, I hear a phrase from a more comforting time. None shall pass. I smile, heft my bar, and throw it, to spear the monster right in the gut. 'Now, throw the switch!' I yell to Skuldren. 'Fry him!'
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote  

Stumbling down the stairs in the dark, I used my flashlight to find the fuse box and hit the main breaker. Immediately a ball of electrical flame burst and the smell of charred wiring filled the air, a brief jolt making be jump back for safety.

For a moment, the lights came on and sparks were flying but then the breaker overloaded and snapped off.

"I hope that jolt was enough to kill it."

Looking around, I saw mop and used the wooden handle to knock the jury rigged wire from the box. With the dangerous live wire knocked free, I hit the main breaker again. The lights popped back on, thankfully.

I made my way back up the stairs and outside. There on the street was Live standing next to a large lump of burnt bigfoot. Curls of smoke were pouring off the body.

"Well Life, guess you're the first person to ever cook Bigfoot."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Fate woke up suddently from a light sleep, fingers clasping the combat knife he kept on himself at all times. He wondered what had caused him to wake up so suddenly. A gun fired from outside his apartment, seemingly from the station that his room looked out on, jolting him out of bed and to the window of his third floor room. As he peers outside he sees a horde of the undead being slowly thinned by a small group of people making thier way to the station.

Cursing the zombies, Fate dashes over to where his sniper was resting, a silenced AS50, his prized possesion and gift from his now dead best friend who was a captain in the police force. Fate snatches it up along with a few boxes of ammo and his flare gun and runs over to the makeshift ladder in the corner of the room. He climbs up the ladder, glancing at the door of his apartment to make sure it is securely barred, and pushes the metal plate covering the roughly carved hole in the roof off and clambers out.

He runs to the edge of the roof and sees a lone figure dash into the station as the rest of the group struggles to control the oncoming horde. Taking a deep breath, Fate loads his gun and takes aim at a zombie that is about to jump on the back of one of the people in the group. With a dull thud from his gun Fate quickly drops that zombie, to the surprise of the individual as he turned, knives glinting in the light, to see the dead zombie lying behind him. Fate quickly begins searching for his next victim, hoping he brought enough ammo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote  

Vorn slashed horizontally to severe the head of another zombie with his wakizashi. Spinning he brought his katana around to kill another zombie. He could see Reep and Caedus making short work of the zombies. Meanwhile the slow, steady sound of Padme’s rifle firing echoed off the walls of the buildings as she covered the rest of the group. A runner came charging towards him and Vorn prepared to swiftly chop it down. But before it could get close its head exploded in a geyser of blood and toppled to the ground...sideways? A bullet had killed the zombie but Padme’ was the only one with a firearm out and logically any momentum from a bullet from her gun should have caused the zombie to fall backwards, not straight to the side. Before he had to ponder this oddity further another runner approached wilded eyed and hungry.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Padme's head jerked upward at the sound of gunfire that had not come from her own weapon. A figure stood on a nearby roof, firearm in hand. Deciding not to question this sudden good fortune, she quickly turned back to her comrades and fired off two shots. Both found their targets, the first in the head of a creature that was attempting to pull Caedus to the ground; the second square in the chest of one who had just noticed Reepicheep at its feet.

"Hey, guys, anytime you're ready to move the party this direction would be good!" she called, glancing over to shoulder to be sure she could quickly reach the materials to barricade the door once the rest of the team made it in.

Last edited by Queen Padmè Skywalker on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:26 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Fate fired shot after shot, taking out as many zombies as possible, hoping to give the group the chance they needed to make it to the station safely. He fired the last shot in his clip, exploding the head of a zombie running towards the female at the station. He reached down for more ammo and was able to find only 4 bullets left of the many that he had brought up with him. He knew if he went back to go get more ammo it could mean the demise of the group.

Desperately he loaded the 4 shots and he began searching for any way that he could help the group beat back the horde and beat them back quickly. He spotted a parked car that the zombies were swarming around and an idea popped into his mind. It was desperate and would probably fail but he had to try. Taking a deep breath he aimed down his sights trying to guess where the gas tank might be. He picked a spot and fired the first shot. Nothing! becoming slightly panicked he aimed slightly lower and fired again. Again nothing happened! He fired again in frustration, slightly to the right of his previous shot, and this time saw a trickle of gasoline leak out from under the car.

At this point he heard one of them yell something at the group, and the rest of them started to slowly make their way towards the station. If they didnt hurry up then they were going to be overrun by the zombies. Hoping to give them the distraction they needed Fate aimed at the gasoline pooling in the car and fired, hoping the heat of the bullet would ignite it. Just as he fired a zombie walked into his line of fire and the bullet sheared its head off but was deflected by hitting bone and failed to ignite the gasoline.

Roaring in frustaration he dropped his sniper and felt like weeping because of his failure! dropping to his knees in helplessness he heard and felt a jostling on his hip and he suddenly remembered the other piece of equiptment that he had brought with him. His flare gun! He knew it was a longshot but he wasnt going to let himself fail again. So with a cold determination he took aim with the flare gun, pulled the trigger, and watched as the car violently exploded.

Last edited by FateotJediFreak on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 6 of 10